Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice 23:24 - Feb 19 with 1858 viewsReus30

And a Europa League winner now taking over at Palace, does that mean McKenna is viewed as a manager who can potential better those sort of achievements? Like a manager who can take a team to the Champions League?

Man, I hope we get promoted this year just to see what the maestro can really do.
With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 08:35 - Feb 20 with 1458 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

I would love to see him take us into one of the European competitions. That said I think you will more likely see what he can really do when he ends up at one if the massive European clubs.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 08:48 - Feb 20 with 1405 viewsSteve_M

David Moyes is also the winner of a European trophy os read into that accolade what you will.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 13:53 - Feb 20 with 930 viewsVanSaParody

With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 08:35 - Feb 20 by Charlie_pl_baxter

I would love to see him take us into one of the European competitions. That said I think you will more likely see what he can really do when he ends up at one if the massive European clubs.

If he takes us up this season, he'll be managing one of Europe's top clubs in the Premier League - we're still unbeaten at home in European competitive football
With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 14:00 - Feb 20 with 894 viewsMullet

Taking us up will only hasten his departure unfortunately. The only silver lining to not getting promoted is the prospect it might caution the vultures from picking him off just yet.

The good thing is how he and the owners have dovetailed to keep raising the bar here. There's no rhyme or reason to return to the hinterland we had in League One by downgrading the manager repeatedly.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 16:31 - Feb 20 with 671 viewsMullet

With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 14:00 - Feb 20 by Mullet

Taking us up will only hasten his departure unfortunately. The only silver lining to not getting promoted is the prospect it might caution the vultures from picking him off just yet.

The good thing is how he and the owners have dovetailed to keep raising the bar here. There's no rhyme or reason to return to the hinterland we had in League One by downgrading the manager repeatedly.

Bit baffled by the downvotes here alongside a lack of replies.

Are people really living in a bubble where McKenna continues on this trajectory and will turn down European football and all the money that goes along with it to stay here? There isn't another club where that happens.

What it does do is open us up to a much better calibre of replacement as and when the time comes.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 16:35 - Feb 20 with 647 viewsBseaBlue

With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 16:31 - Feb 20 by Mullet

Are people really living in a bubble where McKenna continues on this trajectory and will turn down European football and all the money that goes along with it to stay here? There isn't another club where that happens.

What it does do is open us up to a much better calibre of replacement as and when the time comes.

Probably by some of those that were saying that Crystal Palace is not a step up and not a bigger club than us. Ignoring the fact they have been established in the premier league for the last 14 years where we were in league one last season.....

I make you right. We need to enjoy the fact that we have him now and if he gets another job, its because of the special things he has done for our football club. He has taken us to a level where we are a much more attractive proposition should he move on.
With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 16:37 - Feb 20 with 623 viewsSwansea_Blue

With McKenna being Palace's original 1st choice on 16:31 - Feb 20 by Mullet

I'm not baffled. People hate the idea of their successful players / managers being poached. But you're right of course. The only way he stays longer is if we end up challenging at the top of the PL, and even then we simply couldn't compete financially with a Utd/Liverpool/Man C/Spurs if they came in for him.

It's inevitable that he'll go and we absolutely want him to go on to bigger things because, as you say, if he's poached by the top level it's because he'll have excelled here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024