Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post Office Who to Believe 23:22 - Feb 19 with 1971 viewsChurchman

The ex Post Office Chair or Business Secretary Badenoch?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68337728

Well given only 33 claims have been fully settled and the government has only been poked into any action thanks to a tv programme and what I’ve seen of what they do in the past, I think my money is on the ex Post Office Chair.

For them, the truth is for mugs, plebs and nobodies. Politics and their view of the world (an opportunity to fill their boots) is the only game in town.

The Post Office scandal is one of the worst ever and the victims of this appalling miscarriage of justice are still being treated like dirt.
Post Office Who to Believe on 23:28 - Feb 19 with 1934 viewsbenrhyddingblue

And some will never get justice because they are no longer with us.
Post Office Who to Believe on 23:33 - Feb 19 with 1916 viewsChurchman

Post Office Who to Believe on 23:28 - Feb 19 by benrhyddingblue

And some will never get justice because they are no longer with us.

Some of those even ended their own lives over this. Unforgivable.
Post Office Who to Believe on 23:36 - Feb 19 with 1920 viewsMattinLondon

I know that this is very naïve but in these dreadful circumstances you would expect a Government minister not to lie. But, unfortunately that’s not the case.
Post Office Who to Believe on 23:49 - Feb 19 with 1884 viewsChurchman

Post Office Who to Believe on 23:36 - Feb 19 by MattinLondon

I know that this is very naïve but in these dreadful circumstances you would expect a Government minister not to lie. But, unfortunately that’s not the case.

Sadly, they have been doing it for years. It’s normal as breathing to them. They also pressure people into doing stuff then claim it’s nothing to do with them. I’ve seen it done.
Post Office Who to Believe on 08:55 - Feb 20 with 1642 viewsGuthrum

Post Office Who to Believe on 23:36 - Feb 19 by MattinLondon

It's all about liability (who pays the compensation) and short termism (can I not get found out before the press lose interest).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:14 - Feb 20 with 1590 viewsblueislander

Post Office Who to Believe on 08:55 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

It's all about liability (who pays the compensation) and short termism (can I not get found out before the press lose interest).

Henry Staunton went to Ipswich School. I played hockey with him for Suffolk schoolboys. He also went to the same uni as me , but I didn’t know him that well. He had a helluva career though.
Post Office Who to Believe on 09:18 - Feb 20 with 1564 viewsNthQldITFC

If this T*ry government had a record of decency, honesty, fairness, responsibility, humility and the promotion of justice, I suppose I'd believe them.

We need personal accountability brought to bear on each and every member of this reprehensible, disgusting cadre of bastards where they can clearly be shown to have betrayed the UK and her people.

I hope one of the first things Starmer does is to put in place an immutable legal framework to clean up politics once and for all and leave no place for scum like the dregs of the T*ry party to scuttle off to. Without such a thing it's hard to commit to fixing the country knowing that parasites will come along and undo it all in the name of greed. Personal accountability to clean up politics.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:20 - Feb 20 with 1560 viewsblueasfook

My money is on the Chairman. He says he sent an email to colleagues at the time noting what was said in the meeting. I'd love for that email to be dug up and expose Badenoch as a liar. She'd have to go and another huge nail in the Tories coffin.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:27 - Feb 20 with 1481 viewsSteve_M

The bloke who was only there for a year and seems to have been the only person at either the Post Office or government to suffer any consequences for the decade and a bit of failure?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:27 - Feb 20 with 1479 viewsSwansea_Blue

Post Office Who to Believe on 08:55 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

Turbo charged in an election year no doubt. It’s quite reassuring to hear an executive not wanting to play along.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:40 - Feb 20 with 1443 viewsKeno

To paraphrase one of the great Irishmen of History Gerry Nimmo

"Tory they speaks with forked tongue"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:42 - Feb 20 with 1433 viewsblueasfook

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:40 - Feb 20 by Keno

To paraphrase one of the great Irishmen of History Gerry Nimmo

"Tory they speaks with forked tongue"

His brother Leonard was great as Spock in Star Trek

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:44 - Feb 20 with 1424 viewsDJR

He's not backing down, and the fourth point of his statement is pretty damning of what Badenoch said about bullying.

[Post edited 20 Feb 9:46]
Post Office Who to Believe on 09:46 - Feb 20 with 1408 viewsGuthrum

Badenoch made some of those comments in the House of Commons where, of course, she is protected from libel challenge by Parliamentary Privilege. Tho if caught out, she can be censured by the House itself for deliberately misleading them (unlikely given the Government majority).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:53 - Feb 20 with 1376 viewsDanTheMan

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:44 - Feb 20 by DJR

He's not backing down, and the fourth point of his statement is pretty damning of what Badenoch said about bullying.

[Post edited 20 Feb 9:46]

That last sentence, oof.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Post Office Who to Believe on 10:04 - Feb 20 with 1339 viewsKeno

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:46 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

Badenoch made some of those comments in the House of Commons where, of course, she is protected from libel challenge by Parliamentary Privilege. Tho if caught out, she can be censured by the House itself for deliberately misleading them (unlikely given the Government majority).

Perhaps some journalist could ask her to repeat it outside the house and if doesnt just make the point 'well I think we draw our own conclusion as why you wont make that statement without the protection of the house and it begs the questions can we actually believe anything you say?"

Post Office Who to Believe on 11:36 - Feb 20 with 1178 viewsElderGrizzly

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:53 - Feb 20 by DanTheMan

That last sentence, oof.

They are going to 'interview' him next week and looks like Kemi could be in some trouble if the voice note he says exists is revealed at the hearing.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/20/mps-demand-to-see-ex-post-office
Post Office Who to Believe on 11:45 - Feb 20 with 1137 viewsgiant_stow

Post Office Who to Believe on 11:36 - Feb 20 by ElderGrizzly

They are going to 'interview' him next week and looks like Kemi could be in some trouble if the voice note he says exists is revealed at the hearing.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/20/mps-demand-to-see-ex-post-office

Can they make that note disappear from the system? or would his own copy he said he emailed to himself be enough proof?

Apart from anything, how can you sack someone for bullying without outlining the complaints / going through a proper process? Can he not go to an employment tribunal over that separately?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Post Office Who to Believe on 11:47 - Feb 20 with 1124 viewsDanTheMan

Post Office Who to Believe on 11:45 - Feb 20 by giant_stow

Can they make that note disappear from the system? or would his own copy he said he emailed to himself be enough proof?

Apart from anything, how can you sack someone for bullying without outlining the complaints / going through a proper process? Can he not go to an employment tribunal over that separately?

"Can they make that note disappear from the system?"

Yes, would be possible. Of course, that means an IT person would have to action it and given everything that has been going on, I doubt they'd want to do so without kicking up a stink. I'd certainly be firing off emails to all sorts of managers to create a paper trail if I was asked to do something like that.

"or would his own copy he said he emailed to himself be enough proof?"

If he emailed it to a private account, something not hosted by the Post Office, it would be fairly trivial to verify if it was a real email. Having just re-read what he said, I think he's saying he emailed the note to his work account which means they could cover it up but for reasons explained above, would seem unlikely they would at this point.
[Post edited 20 Feb 11:49]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Post Office Who to Believe on 11:50 - Feb 20 with 1112 viewsronnyd

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:42 - Feb 20 by blueasfook

His other brother Derek was a damn fine actor.
Post Office Who to Believe on 11:53 - Feb 20 with 1092 viewsKeno

Post Office Who to Believe on 11:50 - Feb 20 by ronnyd

His other brother Derek was a damn fine actor.

and lets not forget their pet fish who after some searching for was eventually found

Post Office Who to Believe on 11:54 - Feb 20 with 1089 viewsGlasgowBlue

Post Office Who to Believe on 09:42 - Feb 20 by blueasfook

And his other brother Derek always played a vicar.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Post Office Who to Believe on 12:05 - Feb 20 with 1040 viewsChurchman

The situation is not improving for the government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68146054

It’s almost like the last thy anyone in government, Fujitsu and and PO hierarchy cared about was the truth.
Post Office Who to Believe on 07:47 - Feb 21 with 763 viewsDJR

The following from the Times suggests Staunton was telling the truth in his original claim.

Post Office boss was told ‘don’t rip off the band aid’ on finances

Unearthed memo says scandal-hit company was ordered to ‘hobble’ into election

A top civil servant told the former chairman of the Post Office to “hobble” into the election and not to “rip off the band aid” in terms of its finances, according to a memo unearthed on Tuesday.

Sarah Munby, who was then permanent secretary at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, warned Henry Staunton that “politicians do not necessarily like to confront reality” and that “now was not the time for dealing with long-term issues”, according to a contemporaneous note of their first meeting on January 5 last year.

Staunton wrote the note that night and emailed it to himself. He forwarded a copy to Nick Read, the Post Office’s chief executive, the following day.

Staunton discovered the memo in his personal emails
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024