Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened with Leif at the end then? 07:50 - Feb 11 with 3532 viewsITFCBlues

Looks like he will miss a few games...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 08:29 - Feb 11 with 3375 viewsITFC_Forever

Nothing, Phil said on Twitter last night it was simply to get fresh legs on. Wasn’t asked about in the post-match presser.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 08:35 - Feb 11 with 3322 viewsDubtractor

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 08:29 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

Nothing, Phil said on Twitter last night it was simply to get fresh legs on. Wasn’t asked about in the post-match presser.

Yeah, think he was just done, and a minute before coming off (with Humphreys ready to come on) he was pushed really high again, which he wouldn't have done if injured.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 08:37 - Feb 11 with 3291 viewsITFCBlues

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 08:29 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

Just seen... Says "Assumed" so let's hope that's the case.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 08:40 - Feb 11 with 3276 viewsBuhrer

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 08:37 - Feb 11 by ITFCBlues

I thought he'd been gone into on the left side of their penalty box chasing a ball that went out for a gk. Looked painful and walked back holding chest and head. Then subbed..
What happened with Leif at the end then? on 09:28 - Feb 11 with 3050 viewsPhilTWTD

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 08:37 - Feb 11 by ITFCBlues

Didn't see any suggestion of an injury but could be wrong, the view of the touchline on that side is poor from the press box so possible I could have missed something.
What happened with Leif at the end then? on 10:24 - Feb 11 with 2813 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 09:28 - Feb 11 by PhilTWTD

Didn't see any suggestion of an injury but could be wrong, the view of the touchline on that side is poor from the press box so possible I could have missed something.

First half he went in for a heavy sliding tackle in front of the Cobbold, won the ball but was holding his left knee and limping afterwards for some time. He seemed to be struggling for a while and I felt that his corners were pretty poor in the first half as a result and never got past the first defender. Seemed better in second half though.
What happened with Leif at the end then? on 11:40 - Feb 11 with 2673 viewsstonojnr

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 10:24 - Feb 11 by BrentwoodBlagger2

First half he went in for a heavy sliding tackle in front of the Cobbold, won the ball but was holding his left knee and limping afterwards for some time. He seemed to be struggling for a while and I felt that his corners were pretty poor in the first half as a result and never got past the first defender. Seemed better in second half though.

I think it was probably precautionary, Leif has been alot more tenative in his running and movement on the pitch since he came back from his last injury, there was a classic case where he received the ball on the wing nobody from WBA in front of him clear gap to run into, and stopped and checked back, which of course allowed WBA to plug the hole and the chance was gone. He might have taken a knock in the game as well.

but I mean seriously "fresh legs" on for 4mins of injury time ? did Cam even touch the ball ? I dont buy that as an excuse.

as for the corner kick taking thing, did no-one notice most of the WBA players are about 6ft tall, you are never going to beat the first man knocking the ball in towards defenders like that, even less so because they pack the box with them, we should have swapped to short corners and tried to pull those players out to create more space.
What happened with Leif at the end then? on 11:55 - Feb 11 with 2614 viewsPhilTWTD

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 08:40 - Feb 11 by Buhrer

I thought he'd been gone into on the left side of their penalty box chasing a ball that went out for a gk. Looked painful and walked back holding chest and head. Then subbed..

That is the area which is out of sight from the press box, so wouldn't have seen that, same with my colleagues.
Login to get fewer ads

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 15:22 - Feb 11 with 2317 viewsSwansea_Blue

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 09:28 - Feb 11 by PhilTWTD

All that hospitality champagne won’t help either. FPR press box be like:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 15:26 - Feb 11 with 2292 viewsHerbivore

He didn't look injured walking off, just looked tired.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 21:54 - Feb 11 with 1802 viewsmarKoffC

He was definitely treading tentatively for a while after that sliding tackle. Feared the worst when he was feeling his lower leg.
What happened with Leif at the end then? on 21:59 - Feb 11 with 1768 viewsSheffordBlue

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 21:54 - Feb 11 by marKoffC

He was definitely treading tentatively for a while after that sliding tackle. Feared the worst when he was feeling his lower leg.

He's sitting with a bag of ice behind his knee on the bench cam video. It covers part of the hamstring and part of his calf. Hopefully just precautionary.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 22:16 - Feb 11 with 1695 viewsPhilTWTD

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 11:40 - Feb 11 by stonojnr

I think it was probably precautionary, Leif has been alot more tenative in his running and movement on the pitch since he came back from his last injury, there was a classic case where he received the ball on the wing nobody from WBA in front of him clear gap to run into, and stopped and checked back, which of course allowed WBA to plug the hole and the chance was gone. He might have taken a knock in the game as well.

but I mean seriously "fresh legs" on for 4mins of injury time ? did Cam even touch the ball ? I dont buy that as an excuse.

as for the corner kick taking thing, did no-one notice most of the WBA players are about 6ft tall, you are never going to beat the first man knocking the ball in towards defenders like that, even less so because they pack the box with them, we should have swapped to short corners and tried to pull those players out to create more space.

For the record, fresh legs was my take on it rather than any club perspective. That change has been made late on a couple of times before, if I remember rightly.
What happened with Leif at the end then? on 23:19 - Feb 11 with 1544 viewsstonojnr

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 22:16 - Feb 11 by PhilTWTD

For the record, fresh legs was my take on it rather than any club perspective. That change has been made late on a couple of times before, if I remember rightly.

fair enough, maybe it would have made more sense to combine it with the Sarmiento & Al Hamadia change on the 83rd instead of so deep into injury time.
What happened with Leif at the end then? on 10:14 - Feb 12 with 1050 viewsbluesbrothers

What happened with Leif at the end then? on 11:55 - Feb 11 by PhilTWTD

That is the area which is out of sight from the press box, so wouldn't have seen that, same with my colleagues.

He stretched his calf out a few mins before, but was also shaping up to take the corner and didn't act as if he knew he was coming off. Would say it was mainly tiredness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024