Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WBA 2nd goal 23:58 - Feb 10 with 3785 viewsitfcbam

Apart from the poor ball from Edmunsen, am I one of the only ones who think Hladky could have done better with the shot? To me seemed very slow to react to the shot. Was in brilliant form at the start of the season but really feel his form has dipped of late.
WBA 2nd goal on 10:49 - Feb 11 with 3014 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Thought the same at the time as we sit immediately behind the goal. He may have been late getting down to it due to being a bit unsighted though so will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Some reports suggest that the shot got a deflection though didn’t see one in real time.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

WBA 2nd goal on 10:55 - Feb 11 with 2969 viewsBloomBlue

Not seen the highlights yet and from my position in the ground it wasn't a clear view, but I thought it took a slight deflection off Luongo's boot as he went to block it. If it did, then that makes it difficult for any defender and if it didn't then you have to question Hladky.
WBA 2nd goal on 10:55 - Feb 11 with 2967 viewsNutkins_Return

Think both debates have been done extensively now. See 'another defensive error' for extensive thread.

I agree - Hladky has to be saving it.
[Post edited 11 Feb 10:56]
WBA 2nd goal on 11:00 - Feb 11 with 2931 viewspatrickswell

I think we also have to give credit it to Swift for his shot. He placed it superbly, though it's one of those where if Hladky's starting position had been one step further to his right then he would probably have saved it.
WBA 2nd goal on 11:18 - Feb 11 with 2870 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I thought that at the time, especially as it was a long way out. But he is unsighted by Wolfy. And, to be fair, it's also a great strike.

And no, I don't think his form as dipped really. He's been outstanding not all that long ago.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

WBA 2nd goal on 11:21 - Feb 11 with 2853 viewsKeno

WBA 2nd goal on 11:00 - Feb 11 by patrickswell

I think we also have to give credit it to Swift for his shot. He placed it superbly, though it's one of those where if Hladky's starting position had been one step further to his right then he would probably have saved it.

He was sighted by Wolfie and had he been futher right a shot to the other side of the goal would have hard to stop

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

WBA 2nd goal on 11:31 - Feb 11 with 2806 viewsstonojnr

WBA 2nd goal on 11:18 - Feb 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

I thought that at the time, especially as it was a long way out. But he is unsighted by Wolfy. And, to be fair, it's also a great strike.

And no, I don't think his form as dipped really. He's been outstanding not all that long ago.

Hladky is doing nothing wrong, its the classic got to pick a player to blame for the result thing and the goalie is the last one who stands between the oppostion scoring, so its his fault right if they score, which is nonsense.

the reason we are letting in so many goals, isnt because of the guy standing between the sticks at the moment.
WBA 2nd goal on 11:37 - Feb 11 with 2788 viewsOsborneOneNil

WBA 2nd goal on 11:31 - Feb 11 by stonojnr

Hladky is doing nothing wrong, its the classic got to pick a player to blame for the result thing and the goalie is the last one who stands between the oppostion scoring, so its his fault right if they score, which is nonsense.

the reason we are letting in so many goals, isnt because of the guy standing between the sticks at the moment.

True, but Vas has to save that.
Login to get fewer ads

WBA 2nd goal on 11:49 - Feb 11 with 2725 viewsFrimleyBlue

WBA 2nd goal on 11:21 - Feb 11 by Keno

He was sighted by Wolfie and had he been futher right a shot to the other side of the goal would have hard to stop

But keno. Isn't it on the keeper to move their feet at all times so they can see the ball at all times.

I like hladky. But I don't think it's incorrect to believe he could have done better to perhaps give himself a better chance of saving it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

WBA 2nd goal on 11:50 - Feb 11 with 2745 viewsCheltenham_Blue

His form has dipped? Did you watch the Leicester or Sunderland games?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

WBA 2nd goal on 12:06 - Feb 11 with 2662 viewsKeno

WBA 2nd goal on 11:49 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

But keno. Isn't it on the keeper to move their feet at all times so they can see the ball at all times.

I like hladky. But I don't think it's incorrect to believe he could have done better to perhaps give himself a better chance of saving it.

Yes but in real time in a real match a keeper only has a split second

If you slow it down he is moving, trying to see the ball and when he sees it moves

Unfortunately a game isn’t played in slow motion with a replay button

It was also a very well/luckily placed shot, 2inches either way he saves it or it hits the post

Of such margins moments can in retrospect be over analysed to the nnth degree
[Post edited 11 Feb 12:07]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

WBA 2nd goal on 12:26 - Feb 11 with 2579 viewsFrimleyBlue

WBA 2nd goal on 12:06 - Feb 11 by Keno

Yes but in real time in a real match a keeper only has a split second

If you slow it down he is moving, trying to see the ball and when he sees it moves

Unfortunately a game isn’t played in slow motion with a replay button

It was also a very well/luckily placed shot, 2inches either way he saves it or it hits the post

Of such margins moments can in retrospect be over analysed to the nnth degree
[Post edited 11 Feb 12:07]

Oh 100% the shot itself was horrid dipped at the worst time too and was spot on.

I was just wondering about the footwork as sky spoke of it a few times across a range of games lately.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

WBA 2nd goal on 12:32 - Feb 11 with 2579 viewsHerbivore

There's been a few lately where I feel he could have done better. He's still been excellent overall but a few times now he's moved just before a shot is hit and it's prevented him saving it. If you watch the first, he moves to his left just before their player shoots and it means rather than sticking a foot out to cover his near post he gets beaten easily. He seemed a little flat footed for the second but it seems he saw it late so understandable. I thought the goals at home against Leicester and Sunderland were down to his positioning, albeit they were good strikes, but he never gave himself a chance of saving them. He's had a superb season but we can't keep conceding from pretty much every shot on target we face and I don't think he's been completely blameless in that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

WBA 2nd goal on 14:19 - Feb 11 with 2432 viewsNutkins_Return

WBA 2nd goal on 11:18 - Feb 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

I honestly think the Hladky 'outstanding' rhetoric is massively overplayed. He's been so much better than expected coming in for Walton and he really is very very good with his feet which for a good spell really helped us.

If you take away the stuff with his feet (which overall you shouldn't) he's a very average goalkeeper at just keeping the ball out the net. Nearly every club he's been at he by as a stint and then gets dropped and I believe it's for this reason. To many shots on target are finding their way in and you can't just ignore that.

Teams are really setting traps on him now which has nullified slightly what we do with ball from him and worse he's giving some real gifts to opposition.

Someone mentioned Sunderland above. He was decent although slightly dubious for their opener. But if their lad hadn't missed a sitter with his woeful pass out it's a different conversation.
[Post edited 11 Feb 18:40]
Careful, his Dad will have a go at you. (n/t) on 14:20 - Feb 11 with 2417 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

WBA 2nd goal on 16:19 - Feb 11 with 2266 viewstractor_lady

WBA 2nd goal on 14:19 - Feb 11 by Nutkins_Return

I honestly think the Hladky 'outstanding' rhetoric is massively overplayed. He's been so much better than expected coming in for Walton and he really is very very good with his feet which for a good spell really helped us.

If you take away the stuff with his feet (which overall you shouldn't) he's a very average goalkeeper at just keeping the ball out the net. Nearly every club he's been at he by as a stint and then gets dropped and I believe it's for this reason. To many shots on target are finding their way in and you can't just ignore that.

Teams are really setting traps on him now which has nullified slightly what we do with ball from him and worse he's giving some real gifts to opposition.

Someone mentioned Sunderland above. He was decent although slightly dubious for their opener. But if their lad hadn't missed a sitter with his woeful pass out it's a different conversation.
[Post edited 11 Feb 18:40]

Well I guess if he’s come in for Woolf it’s no wonder he is struggling with positioning 😂
WBA 2nd goal on 16:23 - Feb 11 with 2254 viewsGeoffSentence

It looked like a routine save to me.

Hladky's form has dipped, but from a very high level, in the early part of the season, we were getting points because of him. The very first game of the season against Sunderlan for instance, he made 1 or 2 saves he had no right to make and earned us 2 or 3 points just fom his performance. Now he's making the saves you'd expect, mostly, but not making those exceptional ones that make the difference.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

WBA 2nd goal on 17:00 - Feb 11 with 2165 viewsbournemouthblue

Hladky has had a good season but Sky have picked out a couple of occasions where his footwork hasn't been great and it's led to some longer shots going in

He does get a bit flat footed at times, sometimes pre-empting where the shot is going, obviously that can work for him as well

I think in fairness to swift it was inch perfect, right in the corner and the bounce before didn't help

Walton hasn't exactly pulled up trees in the cup fixtures when he has started though

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

WBA 2nd goal on 18:39 - Feb 11 with 2023 viewsNutkins_Return

WBA 2nd goal on 16:19 - Feb 11 by tractor_lady

Well I guess if he’s come in for Woolf it’s no wonder he is struggling with positioning 😂

I've edited but acknowledging this spot on my brainfart🤣
WBA 2nd goal on 18:41 - Feb 11 with 2008 viewsNutkins_Return

WBA 2nd goal on 17:00 - Feb 11 by bournemouthblue

Hladky has had a good season but Sky have picked out a couple of occasions where his footwork hasn't been great and it's led to some longer shots going in

He does get a bit flat footed at times, sometimes pre-empting where the shot is going, obviously that can work for him as well

I think in fairness to swift it was inch perfect, right in the corner and the bounce before didn't help

Walton hasn't exactly pulled up trees in the cup fixtures when he has started though

I think Walton is a better keeper but you are right in terms of the cup games. We would need to accept he might be rusty. And there is definitely an argument not to take that risk. Personally I would because heading into playoffs I would be much happier having Walton up to speed.
WBA 2nd goal on 19:03 - Feb 11 with 1948 viewsEireannach_gorm

WBA 2nd goal on 18:41 - Feb 11 by Nutkins_Return

I think Walton is a better keeper but you are right in terms of the cup games. We would need to accept he might be rusty. And there is definitely an argument not to take that risk. Personally I would because heading into playoffs I would be much happier having Walton up to speed.

Would that mean that we then have to change from playing out from the back. I am not sure that a complete change of style mid season would go well ( playoffs may not be an issue ).
WBA 2nd goal on 19:06 - Feb 11 with 1931 viewsbournemouthblue

WBA 2nd goal on 18:41 - Feb 11 by Nutkins_Return

I agree that purely from a goalkeeping perspective, he is a more complete keeper than Hladky, however Hladky does suit this passing out from the back

Whether that is justification enough to pick him is a different debate

It was almost unimaginable that Walton wouldn't get back in the side last season, he was undroppable

Hladky himself looked similarly loose in the cup games he also played

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

WBA 2nd goal on 11:57 - Feb 12 with 1577 viewstractor_lady

WBA 2nd goal on 18:39 - Feb 11 by Nutkins_Return

I've edited but acknowledging this spot on my brainfart🤣

Made my day anyways! Now I know I’m not alone in thr brain fart arena!
WBA 2nd goal on 12:07 - Feb 12 with 1533 viewspointofblue

WBA 2nd goal on 12:32 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

There's been a few lately where I feel he could have done better. He's still been excellent overall but a few times now he's moved just before a shot is hit and it's prevented him saving it. If you watch the first, he moves to his left just before their player shoots and it means rather than sticking a foot out to cover his near post he gets beaten easily. He seemed a little flat footed for the second but it seems he saw it late so understandable. I thought the goals at home against Leicester and Sunderland were down to his positioning, albeit they were good strikes, but he never gave himself a chance of saving them. He's had a superb season but we can't keep conceding from pretty much every shot on target we face and I don't think he's been completely blameless in that.

I wasn't sure whether he could have done better with their first either. It was directed at his near post.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

WBA 2nd goal on 12:23 - Feb 12 with 1491 viewsBoxerBlue

Harness looked very very lightweight and should be doing much more with the ball from fridge all in all a very poor goal with all 3 players Vas Harness and fridge at fault

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024