Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whether we go up or not 22:22 - Feb 10 with 1321 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The defence needs a major rebuilding come summer. Too many goals conceded, this habit of early goals against too.

If we don't go up the reason would be a bad defence. Clean sheets have been so rare.
Whether we go up or not on 22:31 - Feb 10 with 1264 viewsBarcaBlue

Did you really think we'd be challenging for an automatic place back in August? The reason we are is due to the whole team and staff, if we fail to go up it's not down to the defence but where we're at as a team / club and who we're up against.
Whether we go up or not on 22:32 - Feb 10 with 1261 viewsKieran_Knows

I think this summer we genuinely will see a lot of change. Not quite Cook levels of course, but we’re on course for the following;

Loan players returning to parent clubs (5);
Williams
Hutchinson
Sarmiento
Moore
Travis

Players out of contract (8);
Ball
Burgess - will probably get new deal however
Jackson
Aluko
Hladky - will probably get new deal however
Tuanzebe
Donacien
Camara

Players out on loan who will probably get sold or loaned out again (3);
Ladapo
Ahadme
El Mizouni

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Whether we go up or not on 22:32 - Feb 10 with 1261 viewsJ2BLUE

I suspect we will see a complete rebuild with the exceptions of Woolf and Burgess funded by the same of Davis. I don't want to see Davis go, obviously, but I would imagine he will and we will take the opportunity to upgrade the defence as a whole.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Whether we go up or not on 22:36 - Feb 10 with 1237 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Whether we go up or not on 22:31 - Feb 10 by BarcaBlue

Did you really think we'd be challenging for an automatic place back in August? The reason we are is due to the whole team and staff, if we fail to go up it's not down to the defence but where we're at as a team / club and who we're up against.

No I didn't. That doesn't change the fact that we need a better defence.
Whether we go up or not on 22:40 - Feb 10 with 1205 viewsRobTheMonk

If we go up then great, money to spend.

If we don’t go up then we’ll need to sell Davis to fund some signings.
Whether we go up or not on 23:28 - Feb 10 with 1079 viewspointofblue

Whether we go up or not on 22:36 - Feb 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

No I didn't. That doesn't change the fact that we need a better defence.

I think we need to hone our approach so the centre backs are not so exposed my marauding full backs and a lack of midfield - a midfield which today let West Brom waltz through them time and again in the first half.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Whether we go up or not on 23:33 - Feb 10 with 1060 viewsNutkins_Return

Whether we go up or not on 23:28 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

I think we need to hone our approach so the centre backs are not so exposed my marauding full backs and a lack of midfield - a midfield which today let West Brom waltz through them time and again in the first half.

It's not especially a personnel thing is it. I think we take a lot of risks in our style of play. Their will be tweaks to that but we're just lacking the right balance right now (or just not getting away with anything).

Look at Tuanzebe coming in and he's had the same issues and is a top CB at this level. I do wonder if we drop away from autos that we might give Tuanzebe a run to get fully up to speed and ready for the playoffs.
[Post edited 11 Feb 14:20]
Whether we go up or not on 23:58 - Feb 10 with 926 viewsbournemouthblue

Whether we go up or not on 23:33 - Feb 10 by Nutkins_Return

It's not especially a personnel thing is it. I think we take a lot of risks in our style of play. Their will be tweaks to that but we're just lacking the right balance right now (or just not getting away with anything).

Look at Tuanzebe coming in and he's had the same issues and is a top CB at this level. I do wonder if we drop away from autos that we might give Tuanzebe a run to get fully up to speed and ready for the playoffs.
[Post edited 11 Feb 14:20]

Tuanzebe has never looked particularly on it as a centre back for me but more promising as a right back rather bizarrely, despite not being a natural there

Because we push a lot of bodies forward, we are susceptible to the counter attack and rarely seem to deal with it particularly well

Wolfy today had a shocker with Fellowes and got done similarly by the lad at Swansea I think it was, one on one?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Whether we go up or not on 14:22 - Feb 11 with 608 viewsNutkins_Return

Whether we go up or not on 23:58 - Feb 10 by bournemouthblue

Tuanzebe has never looked particularly on it as a centre back for me but more promising as a right back rather bizarrely, despite not being a natural there

Because we push a lot of bodies forward, we are susceptible to the counter attack and rarely seem to deal with it particularly well

Wolfy today had a shocker with Fellowes and got done similarly by the lad at Swansea I think it was, one on one?

I agree but it's probably forgotten just how little football Tuanzebe has had last few years. He probably needs 10 back to back games with a partner before an understanding even starts to develop. CB is all about experience, partnerships and continuity. I remember Vidic arriving at Utd and looking lost and out of his depth....need time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024