Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Williams Head of Recruitment 08:11 - Feb 7 with 4312 viewsPippin1970

Man United trying to get their old staff back 😒. Wonder who else they eye up?
Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 08:18 - Feb 7 with 3507 viewsCheltenham_Blue

A Nicko rumour. I remain unconvinced.

From the last transfer window.

- £3m and 15k per week on an unnamed striker.
- Ben Marshall from Nodge
- Charlie Hughes from Wigan
- Sam Gallagher from Blackburn.
- Kieffer Moore will need to be a permanent transfer.

In spite of what many suggest, he's really not that accurate, and he doesn't need to be when he's making people pay for his 'inside info'
[Post edited 7 Feb 8:28]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 09:28 - Feb 7 with 3113 viewsBlueBadger

This horsesh1t again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 09:47 - Feb 7 with 3003 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 08:18 - Feb 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

In spite of what many suggest, he's really not that accurate, and he doesn't need to be when he's making people pay for his 'inside info'

To be fair to him, he was correct with most of these and it's hard to prove that he was wrong on others.

The £3m might have been a stretch too far, but the 15k a week probably was our limit. Ben Marshall was a Paul Lambert player at Blackburn or Wolves (maybe both) who he wanted at Ipswich. Charlie Hughes is probably someone we are keeping tabs on but I don't think we were going to make a move for unless a centre back departed. Gallagher was a correct target and Bournemouth were playing hard ball with Moore possibly trying to generate a fee, though it was left until the final couple of days when they were going to accept a loan.

Just a quick guess at things but I do feel he gets a fair bit of stick when he does get a fair share right. He definitely has better contacts at some clubs than others though, particularly those based in the NW.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 09:52 - Feb 7 with 2940 viewsSitfcB

He never reported on Moore did he?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 09:54 - Feb 7 with 2920 viewsStokieBlue

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 09:47 - Feb 7 by IPSWICHFANITFC

To be fair to him, he was correct with most of these and it's hard to prove that he was wrong on others.

The £3m might have been a stretch too far, but the 15k a week probably was our limit. Ben Marshall was a Paul Lambert player at Blackburn or Wolves (maybe both) who he wanted at Ipswich. Charlie Hughes is probably someone we are keeping tabs on but I don't think we were going to make a move for unless a centre back departed. Gallagher was a correct target and Bournemouth were playing hard ball with Moore possibly trying to generate a fee, though it was left until the final couple of days when they were going to accept a loan.

Just a quick guess at things but I do feel he gets a fair bit of stick when he does get a fair share right. He definitely has better contacts at some clubs than others though, particularly those based in the NW.

You've said he was pretty much correct on most stuff and then highlighted two things he was wrong about and tried to make it look like he was correct by adding suppositions with no evidence.

Taking that into account he looks a bit hit and miss.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 09:55 - Feb 7 with 2905 viewsPippin1970

Well it's been properly confirmed now.
Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:03 - Feb 7 with 2840 viewsZx1988

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 09:55 - Feb 7 by Pippin1970

Well it's been properly confirmed now.

To be fair, the only 'official' confirmation is Phil's article stating that Nixon has claimed it. Not really the same as it being verified by multiple sources.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:06 - Feb 7 with 2819 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 09:54 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

You've said he was pretty much correct on most stuff and then highlighted two things he was wrong about and tried to make it look like he was correct by adding suppositions with no evidence.

Taking that into account he looks a bit hit and miss.

SB

But it is hard to prove he was wrong though. I imagine someone like Charlie Hughes is on a long list of potential targets in the future - perhaps we've had a scout at a Wigan game and Nixon has caught wind of that? It's similar to the lad Kensdale at Southend, there was similar about him.

Whether what he's reporting is imminent is hard to judge.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:11 - Feb 7 with 2759 viewsHighgateBlue

Not one of those things came to pass. We can be reasonably certain that we were in for Gallagher. But I'm not sure there's any evidence that any of the others was right, and the Moore statement, that it would have to be permanent, is demonstrably false.
Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:15 - Feb 7 with 2727 viewsitfcjoe

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:03 - Feb 7 by Zx1988

To be fair, the only 'official' confirmation is Phil's article stating that Nixon has claimed it. Not really the same as it being verified by multiple sources.

Well if Phil seems to trust Nixon as a good source for something like this that surely say's something?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:15 - Feb 7 with 2711 viewsStokieBlue

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:06 - Feb 7 by IPSWICHFANITFC

But it is hard to prove he was wrong though. I imagine someone like Charlie Hughes is on a long list of potential targets in the future - perhaps we've had a scout at a Wigan game and Nixon has caught wind of that? It's similar to the lad Kensdale at Southend, there was similar about him.

It's all supposition again though:

"I imagine"
"Perhaps"

This isn't demonstrating accuracy I'm afraid. That doesn't mean he's not right about this one or other things but to claim he's mostly right on things doesn't seem to fit with the available evidence.

SB
[Post edited 7 Feb 10:16]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:18 - Feb 7 with 2697 viewsPhilTWTD

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:15 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

Well if Phil seems to trust Nixon as a good source for something like this that surely say's something?

I'm just reporting what's being reported, not giving any more credence than that. Seems not unlikely that United might look at one of their old boys if they're looking to revamp their scouting set-up, though.
Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:28 - Feb 7 with 2590 viewsunbelievablue

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:18 - Feb 7 by PhilTWTD

I'm just reporting what's being reported, not giving any more credence than that. Seems not unlikely that United might look at one of their old boys if they're looking to revamp their scouting set-up, though.

You don't report everything that's reported though. Easy to infer that some sources and stories are taken as more justifiably reportable than others.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 11:03 - Feb 7 with 2449 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:15 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

It's all supposition again though:

"I imagine"
"Perhaps"

This isn't demonstrating accuracy I'm afraid. That doesn't mean he's not right about this one or other things but to claim he's mostly right on things doesn't seem to fit with the available evidence.

SB
[Post edited 7 Feb 10:16]

That's a fair point. I don't have the facts to say they are accurate, but in my opinion I find Nixon a good source and a source I will continue to trust when news comes out.
[Post edited 7 Feb 11:04]

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 13:21 - Feb 7 with 2033 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Ronaldo?
Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 13:24 - Feb 7 with 2024 viewsPhilTWTD

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:28 - Feb 7 by unbelievablue

You don't report everything that's reported though. Easy to infer that some sources and stories are taken as more justifiably reportable than others.

Some transfer rumours are clearly just nonsense, so don't bother with them, or I check to see if there is something in them before running something. Man U showing interest in one of their old scouts is plausible and Town may not know anything about it.
Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 13:25 - Feb 7 with 2014 viewsIllinoisblue

If he goes back, I wonder if Man Utd will sign players from Europe

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 16:34 - Feb 7 with 1729 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He's close to certain clubs and agents so gets plenty right doesn't he.

Was it him that first referenced KM and Palace/Brighton. KM will go to Palace in the not too distant future I think.
[Post edited 7 Feb 16:34]
Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 16:44 - Feb 7 with 1690 viewsPhilTWTD

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 10:06 - Feb 7 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I heard a whisper that Hughes was interesting us in the summer, although Town have played down the interest both then and in this window. Wouldn't surprise me if he is one who has and continues to be monitored.
Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 17:33 - Feb 7 with 1584 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 16:34 - Feb 7 by PrideOfTheEast

He's close to certain clubs and agents so gets plenty right doesn't he.

Was it him that first referenced KM and Palace/Brighton. KM will go to Palace in the not too distant future I think.
[Post edited 7 Feb 16:34]

To be fair, a blind, deaf, mute monkey that died in 1967 could have had a pretty good guess and come up with the fact that KM is likely to be of interest to Palace or Brighton.

It only proves that Nixon is good at putting 2 and 2 together and sometimes getting 4
[Post edited 7 Feb 17:36]

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 17:38 - Feb 7 with 1557 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 09:52 - Feb 7 by SitfcB

He never reported on Moore did he?

Yes, that we (and others) had offered loan deals, but it would take a permanent transfer to shift Bournemouth

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 17:46 - Feb 7 with 1518 viewsLankHenners

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 17:38 - Feb 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yes, that we (and others) had offered loan deals, but it would take a permanent transfer to shift Bournemouth

Think he said it would take a bigger offer than what had originally been proposed by various clubs, which we evidently submitted through promotion bonuses etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 17:48 - Feb 7 with 1507 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 17:46 - Feb 7 by LankHenners

Think he said it would take a bigger offer than what had originally been proposed by various clubs, which we evidently submitted through promotion bonuses etc.

Either way, he mentioned Moore.

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 17:48 - Feb 7 with 1504 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"He was correct with most of those" ...

If he had been correct we would have signed Gallagher for that wouldn't we?

Supposed interest only? No evidence that there was any. Certainly didn't materialise.

As above.

Clearly was interest as shown by multiple reports elsewhere. Did he break this before those reports? Did he suggest it was going to happen or only report what everyone else was reporting anyway?

We signed him on loan.

I am not sure how you define "most"!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 17:50 - Feb 7 with 1496 viewsLankHenners

Sam Williams Head of Recruitment on 17:48 - Feb 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Either way, he mentioned Moore.

Yes and was correct in what he said.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024