Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... 09:52 - Feb 4 with 3642 viewsPippin1970

We not far away and done amazingly well. One or two will be sold for big money in the summer. Defensively we have to rebuild. We could easily be Sheff Weds or Stoke but we not. I'm more concerned if he KM moves on in Summer to bigger things.
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:11 - Feb 4 with 3223 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Why? If we kept the exact same squad the teams coming down will be far weaker than those going up. If we had this point ratio in any other season we’d comfortably go up. This points ratio will be more than enough next season. So why do we need further improvements? A lot of it is essentially basic math that most can’t seem to work out. If Burnley Sheff Utd and one other come down and we go into next season with the exact squad we have now we’d be favourites and rightly so. (assuming it’s the current top 3 that get promoted)
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:14 - Feb 4 with 3182 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:11 - Feb 4 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

Why? If we kept the exact same squad the teams coming down will be far weaker than those going up. If we had this point ratio in any other season we’d comfortably go up. This points ratio will be more than enough next season. So why do we need further improvements? A lot of it is essentially basic math that most can’t seem to work out. If Burnley Sheff Utd and one other come down and we go into next season with the exact squad we have now we’d be favourites and rightly so. (assuming it’s the current top 3 that get promoted)

We lose a qtr of the squad in the summer with non promotion.

Williams
Hutchinson
Sarmiento
Moore
Hladky... maybe
Davis.. you'd expect to be sold
Donacien
Aluko
Ball
Jackson

It's a big summer

Also. The 3 coming down doesn't make us favourites at all.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:23 - Feb 4 with 3155 viewsbilllm

I always said 3-5 championship windows
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:25 - Feb 4 with 3137 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:23 - Feb 4 by billlm

I always said 3-5 championship windows

Will the owners give us that time?

We saw with Evans. He tried for 2 seasons then slowly moved the goalposts as it wasn't easy to get promoted.

Waka waka eh eh

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 12:02 - Feb 4 with 3033 viewscressi

We will need players in probably sell one or two if we fail to go up great manager's have plan ABC AND D
at the moment McKenna has plan A there are games you possibly start or change to a 3 5 2 I'm sure McKenna will evolve but I don't see a top 8 Premier club taking a chance. And regards other clubs less tolerance than here as he has got credit in the bank is De Zerbi that good or on the back of what Potter built.
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 12:04 - Feb 4 with 3022 viewscressi

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:14 - Feb 4 by FrimleyBlue

Williams
Hutchinson
Sarmiento
Moore
Hladky... maybe
Donacien
Aluko
Ball
Jackson

It's a big summer

Yes your right out of that bunch some you would like to stay others happy to lose as not good enough.
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 12:20 - Feb 4 with 2974 viewsMK1

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:14 - Feb 4 by FrimleyBlue

Williams
Hutchinson
Sarmiento
Moore
Hladky... maybe
Donacien
Aluko
Ball
Jackson

It's a big summer

Brighton have said that Sarmiento can stay regardless, if we want him. Think we would be able to get Moore on the cheap. Other than that, yes, the list is correct I reckon.
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 12:44 - Feb 4 with 2918 viewsWeirdFishes

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:25 - Feb 4 by FrimleyBlue

We saw with Evans. He tried for 2 seasons then slowly moved the goalposts as it wasn't easy to get promoted.

I’m convinced they will; they need us in the PL to make a worthwhile return on their investment and will recognise it’s a long term thing.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Login to get fewer ads

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 13:39 - Feb 4 with 2849 viewsPinewoodblue

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 12:44 - Feb 4 by WeirdFishes

I’m convinced they will; they need us in the PL to make a worthwhile return on their investment and will recognise it’s a long term thing.

They can’t pump in more money if we are still in Championship, except for such things as ground improvement, training facilities etc.

Investment in the playing squad will have to be funded by sales. Would also like to think the likes of Baggott, Ndaba & El Miz could step up a level.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 14:35 - Feb 4 with 2767 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 12:20 - Feb 4 by MK1

Brighton have said that Sarmiento can stay regardless, if we want him. Think we would be able to get Moore on the cheap. Other than that, yes, the list is correct I reckon.

Wasn't sarmiento extension only if we got promoted?

Waka waka eh eh

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 15:20 - Feb 4 with 2672 viewsRobTheMonk

I’d expect Davis to go in the summer for a pretty fee if we don’t go up.

We ‘should’ be on the playoffs at the least so that’s some more money coming in too.

So hopefully money to be spent in the summer.

Either way, there’s going to be a bit of a rebuild in summer with us needing probably about 10 players.
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 15:57 - Feb 4 with 2594 viewsNthQldITFC

I'd say we're properly competing already, ⅔ of the way through the season and with second place still in our own hands.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 16:24 - Feb 4 with 2542 viewsNutkins_Return

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 15:57 - Feb 4 by NthQldITFC

I'd say we're properly competing already, ⅔ of the way through the season and with second place still in our own hands.

Exactly. We are competing. We're a good side. I do think there are 3 better sides with squads costing 30x+ what ours cost.
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 17:07 - Feb 4 with 2455 viewsElephantintheRoom

I suspect you’re being a bit over optimistic. This season is pretty much the high water mark for Morsy and Luongo. The pipeline of young players through the club has been cut off - and a number of what might be called surplus players are on very high wages with some parked on loan

McKenna’s recent signings haven’t exactly been a resounding success - though no doubt the ´recruitment team’ can take the blame for that. But the three teams coming down will be pretty useless by the time they are asset stripped - so assuming Town stay in the promotion picture until play off heartache they could be high amongst the promotion favourites

The cowboys are three years into what was allegedly a five year plan - but have put in £12 million more than they bargained for and its beginning to look as though the pyramid of loans supporting the cowboys might become a problem - who knows what aged prog rocker Brinsley Schwarz thinks as hés the one with purse strings as our ´owners’ aren’t the owners.

I doubt there will be much spending next season - just more of the same as Town’s management team might come to regret overspending to get out of a skint division 3.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

That was how it was reported.... on 17:14 - Feb 4 with 2416 viewsBloots

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 14:35 - Feb 4 by FrimleyBlue

Wasn't sarmiento extension only if we got promoted?

...by the Ecuadorian chica that broke the story.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 17:15 - Feb 4 with 2404 viewsbilllm

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:25 - Feb 4 by FrimleyBlue

Well we've just had two windows, surely we will get June and January yes I thinks so and we will make it to,
Just hit three teams that in another premier season wouldn't have come down
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 17:17 - Feb 4 with 2396 viewsMercian

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 10:11 - Feb 4 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

If we do not go up we probably do not need further improvements. If we go up we need a huge amount of them. I would say Davis is the only non loanee player in the squad who is potentially Premier League standard and he is by no means there yet. As it stands he would be a starter for Sheffield United and on/off starter for Luton and Burnley. He would be nowhere near a starter for any of the other teams as it stands.
[Post edited 4 Feb 17:20]
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 17:47 - Feb 4 with 2312 viewsMVBlue

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 17:07 - Feb 4 by ElephantintheRoom

I suspect you’re being a bit over optimistic. This season is pretty much the high water mark for Morsy and Luongo. The pipeline of young players through the club has been cut off - and a number of what might be called surplus players are on very high wages with some parked on loan

McKenna’s recent signings haven’t exactly been a resounding success - though no doubt the ´recruitment team’ can take the blame for that. But the three teams coming down will be pretty useless by the time they are asset stripped - so assuming Town stay in the promotion picture until play off heartache they could be high amongst the promotion favourites

The cowboys are three years into what was allegedly a five year plan - but have put in £12 million more than they bargained for and its beginning to look as though the pyramid of loans supporting the cowboys might become a problem - who knows what aged prog rocker Brinsley Schwarz thinks as hés the one with purse strings as our ´owners’ aren’t the owners.

I doubt there will be much spending next season - just more of the same as Town’s management team might come to regret overspending to get out of a skint division 3.

Pessimistic there Elephant. In reality it tool McKenna nearly 2 seasons to create a very powerful League One unit, combining his own signings nous with man management of what he inherited.

It could well be that his management steps up again next season if we don't make it, building upon the platform we have while selling a top player like we always had to when missing out on promotion. Its clearly been a big 2 months for him to learn from.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 17:59 - Feb 4 with 2277 viewsMK1

If we want to have a good chance of staying in the Premier League once we get there, then I reckon at least 2 more windows. The squad will need tweaking. A couple in the back four and probably 4 in other areas. If we can keep Kieffer, that will be a massive plus.
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 18:12 - Feb 4 with 2246 viewsOldFart71

Don't think even if we don't get promoted that McKenna will leave. Gamechanger have a fair way to go before getting their pound of flesh out of the club. The only way they do that is for Town to get Premier status, but as I said a couple of times, they need another six players added to this squad. Evan's has gone and I think possibly Aluko, Ball and maybe Donacien and Jackson all need replacing along with Edmundson. Players like Moore and Hutchinson I doubt will still be at PR after the seasons end. So six players in is probably on the conservative side in order to make us a Premier League side that doesn't yo-yo. Rather another season in the Championship than up a division and then down again.
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 21:48 - Feb 4 with 2046 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I agree with your first two sentences. We aren't quite ready for competing in the Premier League but at least we will get that summer window to prepare. Let's hope we avoid the play-offs that leaves you unclear which division you are preparing for until they are over.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 16:26 - Feb 5 with 1706 viewsStewart27

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 17:07 - Feb 4 by ElephantintheRoom

The last 2 years have been pretty much flawless on and off the pitch.

Other than that what you are saying is spot on.
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 16:58 - Feb 5 with 1596 viewsVic

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 12:02 - Feb 4 by cressi

We will need players in probably sell one or two if we fail to go up great manager's have plan ABC AND D
at the moment McKenna has plan A there are games you possibly start or change to a 3 5 2 I'm sure McKenna will evolve but I don't see a top 8 Premier club taking a chance. And regards other clubs less tolerance than here as he has got credit in the bank is De Zerbi that good or on the back of what Potter built.

I guess that Pep and Koop only have Plan A as well. They rarely, if ever change the way their teams play.

I don’t think it’s so much about only having plan A but more about trusting the system. All the players know it and they can interchange. It’s been good enough to overcome all but the best teams, but that’s testament to the players. If we go up to the prem the players will have to improve or, more likely in the majority of cases, be replaced by better. Either way, the system will stay the same.
[Post edited 5 Feb 17:07]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 18:30 - Feb 5 with 1444 viewsMatt_Netherlands

That’s very much the glass half full view. The glass half empty view says how do we know we’re not one season wonders?

I’m not saying I think we are. But a few key people leave, teams suss out how to beat us and all of a sudden things don’t look so rosy.

Being up there like this is an opportunity we need to take with two hands.
It's going to take Summer Window to properly compete.... on 19:22 - Feb 5 with 1384 viewsArnoldMoorhen

That's a lot of words that nobody will read.

Why do you bother?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024