Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) 20:32 - Feb 3 with 1802 viewsjasondozzell

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 20:38 - Feb 3 with 1772 viewsGlasgowBlue

Disagree re Edmundson. Offside or not, for the second week running he wasn’t close enough to his man and on both occasions it cost us a goal. Burgess will be straight back in the team.

Woolfy was class throughout the game today.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 20:46 - Feb 3 with 1727 viewsjasondozzell

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 20:38 - Feb 3 by GlasgowBlue

Disagree re Edmundson. Offside or not, for the second week running he wasn’t close enough to his man and on both occasions it cost us a goal. Burgess will be straight back in the team.

Can see why you see it that way but I thought he was tidy and just had the misfortune to be involved with both the early goals. I think he's been very good since coming back in.

Completely agree though re Woolf! Classy display. Reads the game so well.
Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 20:47 - Feb 3 with 1719 viewsDJR

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 20:38 - Feb 3 by GlasgowBlue

In my view, Woolfy has been our most consistent player all season.

I know he has had his knockers, but I struggle to think of any goals he has been responsible for all season.
[Post edited 3 Feb 20:49]
Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 20:52 - Feb 3 with 1680 viewsLinners

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 20:47 - Feb 3 by DJR

In my view, Woolfy has been our most consistent player all season.

I know he has had his knockers, but I struggle to think of any goals he has been responsible for all season.
[Post edited 3 Feb 20:49]

Swansea's second when we beat them 3-2...but that's just me being pedantic as I think he's been outstanding.
[Post edited 3 Feb 20:52]
Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 20:54 - Feb 3 with 1655 viewsSwansea_Blue

Burgess for me too, although there’s not a lot between them. Woolfie is just a Rolls Royce of a defender. Some of his long diagonals go a bit wayward, but he seems to have 10 seconds more time than everyone else.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 20:57 - Feb 3 with 1638 viewsWeirdFishes

I can’t agree with Edmundson. Should have done better for the first and second goal. Burgess straight back in.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 21:03 - Feb 3 with 1600 viewsHalifaxBlue

I don't understand this at all with regards to the 2nd. He played it brilliantly, it wasn't even close, the guy was so far offside. That is not his fault.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 21:04 - Feb 3 with 1589 viewsportmanking

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 20:57 - Feb 3 by WeirdFishes

I can’t agree with Edmundson. Should have done better for the first and second goal. Burgess straight back in.

The fact that McKenna talks about 'blocking technique' for the first goal suggests he thinks Edmundson could've done better too...
Login to get fewer ads

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 21:05 - Feb 3 with 1579 viewspointofblue

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 21:04 - Feb 3 by portmanking

The fact that McKenna talks about 'blocking technique' for the first goal suggests he thinks Edmundson could've done better too...

If that is the case I sense Burgess will be back in next week.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 21:05 - Feb 3 with 1570 viewsGlasgowBlue

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 21:03 - Feb 3 by HalifaxBlue

I don't understand this at all with regards to the 2nd. He played it brilliantly, it wasn't even close, the guy was so far offside. That is not his fault.

As I said, regardless of him being offside, there was too much distance between the Preston player and Edmundson. He needed to be tighter to his man.

Iron Lion Zion

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 23:11 - Feb 3 with 1362 viewsScuzzer

Fridge was poor. End of.

Established 1968

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 23:36 - Feb 3 with 1308 viewsDubtractor

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 21:05 - Feb 3 by GlasgowBlue

As I said, regardless of him being offside, there was too much distance between the Preston player and Edmundson. He needed to be tighter to his man.

That doesn't make any sense. To get closer would mean not making him offside!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 06:39 - Feb 4 with 1073 viewsGlasgowBlue

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 23:36 - Feb 3 by Dubtractor

That doesn't make any sense. To get closer would mean not making him offside!

Not close enough width wise. If I was a sky pundit I’d freeze the frame then drag Edmundson a couple of yards closer horizontally to their player. Edmundson would still be playing him offside because he’s higher up the pitch. But he’d have a better starting position if the linesman doesn’t flag.

Iron Lion Zion

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 06:46 - Feb 4 with 1062 viewsPioneerBlue

Woolfy has been stand out defender for a while. Not sure on Edmundson, his decision making for and high positions have cost goals recently not reading the game? and not dropping back to nullify counter attacks? Whatever, the goals are being conceded.

Expect Burgess to come back next week, he knows he doesn’t have the pace and probably leaves us less susceptible to these goals.

First against non league that’s stupid, then against better opposition thats negligent. That’s only first reading, KMcK was happy he was pushing up and leaving the defender in an offside position except the Lino didn’t see it.

If others see it different that’s good! I don’t want to call Edmundson out on his own really as defending is a team game and you can’t legislate for poor officials.
[Post edited 4 Feb 6:57]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 07:51 - Feb 4 with 993 viewspennblue

I think central defence is still a concern for me, Axel is the only one that can play in the prem so why is he not playing? If his fitness still dodgy?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 08:59 - Feb 4 with 914 viewsHerbivore

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 07:51 - Feb 4 by pennblue

I think central defence is still a concern for me, Axel is the only one that can play in the prem so why is he not playing? If his fitness still dodgy?

Anyone who has seen both Tuanzebe and Woolf playing over the last few months will tell you exactly why Woolf is starting ahead of him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 09:03 - Feb 4 with 894 viewsGlasgowBlue

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 08:59 - Feb 4 by Herbivore

Anyone who has seen both Tuanzebe and Woolf playing over the last few months will tell you exactly why Woolf is starting ahead of him.

I was in favour of Tunazebe coming in fur Woolf every so often but I was completely wrong. Woolf has been consistently stand out defender.

Iron Lion Zion

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 09:32 - Feb 4 with 828 viewsDubtractor

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 07:51 - Feb 4 by pennblue

Tuanzebe hasn't looked near to the level of Woolfy when he has played.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 09:34 - Feb 4 with 820 viewsArnieM

OP: LOL!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 09:37 - Feb 4 with 804 viewsDJR

Other positives - thought Woolfy and Edmundson were excellent (n/t) on 09:32 - Feb 4 by Dubtractor

Tuanzebe hasn't looked near to the level of Woolfy when he has played.

If nothing else, he seems to lack the positional sense that Woolfy has in spades.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024