Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"That was utterly dreadful" 19:24 - Feb 3 with 1123 viewsMullet

Said someone near us at half time. Even the walk to and from the bogs didn't clear the feeling. McKenna may well defend his players publicly to the press after that, but I'd love to hear what is said behind closed doors. He will know that first 45 mins was probably as bad as anything he's served up since coming here.

It's clear Moore changed the game and will probably change our season. The electricity when he came on was nothing compared to when he first scored. There wasn't a man who started the game who can say they played well today, at best they played well in parts thanks to the reset.

Tactically and mentally it was all wrong for too long. You can't give a player with the quality of the Stockport Berbatov that sort of room, and his colleagues an extra yard whether you're the Fridge or the linesman. Turned out all we needed was an out ball thanks to PNE simply pressing us high and hard.

I liked the look of the new boys and can see them bringing a lot. Wes' new look seems to be fulfilling the Marshall prophecy as he shanked one off his foot in the 1st and showed his 50p head in the second when he should have done better.

We've been but not looked a 2nd place team for weeks and it's no surprise today cost us that as we were second best again. It's been a brilliant season/year/rum old time and that will continue. Today was just an accursed lesson that there's no magic in what we do, just that science and engineering wins all the time can't compete with people not following the instructions to the letter.

The fans were magnificent.
[Post edited 3 Feb 19:33]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"That was utterly dreadful" on 19:39 - Feb 3 with 997 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Worst first half I've seen us play under KM. Utterly dreadful and woeful only words to describe that. Introduction of Moore and Al Hamadi made a huge difference and turned the game on its head.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

"That was utterly dreadful" on 09:34 - Feb 4 with 449 viewsMullet

"That was utterly dreadful" on 19:39 - Feb 3 by BrettenhamBlue

Worst first half I've seen us play under KM. Utterly dreadful and woeful only words to describe that. Introduction of Moore and Al Hamadi made a huge difference and turned the game on its head.

Might be recency bias but I can't think of any 45 as bad as that. Not just because of the scoreline but the manner of it. The fact we started so weakly and didn't get going, none of our usual strengths were evident etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024