Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe 10:22 - Jan 31 with 8093 viewsnrb1985

was mentioned on the last podcast that some ITK posters were in your telegram chat.

Any update here or totally dead as per twitter news yesterday?

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:35 - Jan 31 with 6210 viewsITFCBlues

Phil posted yesterday - said that Blackburn are standing firm. Suspect we will have moved on.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:39 - Jan 31 with 6157 viewsitfcjoe

As per Phil's updates on the thread yesterday - they are still saying it's not happening. Guess all can change if they get a couple of targets in but didn't seem much of a glimmer of hope yesterday so guess we are having to pursue other options as things stand

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:39 - Jan 31 with 6129 viewsEastLondonBlue

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:35 - Jan 31 by ITFCBlues

Phil posted yesterday - said that Blackburn are standing firm. Suspect we will have moved on.

Isn’t it all hinging on Blackburn being able to bring in the guy from Orlando? Thought if that deal gets done we would get our transfer done
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:40 - Jan 31 with 6067 viewspointofblue

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:39 - Jan 31 by EastLondonBlue

Isn’t it all hinging on Blackburn being able to bring in the guy from Orlando? Thought if that deal gets done we would get our transfer done

Thought I read they were planning to send him back to Orlando for the MLS season. Though someone else mentioned their plan was to go with both him and Gallagher.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:42 - Jan 31 with 6002 viewsnrb1985

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:39 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

As per Phil's updates on the thread yesterday - they are still saying it's not happening. Guess all can change if they get a couple of targets in but didn't seem much of a glimmer of hope yesterday so guess we are having to pursue other options as things stand

Thanks - what a shame, looked the part the other night.
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:50 - Jan 31 with 5812 viewssmithy69

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:42 - Jan 31 by nrb1985

He looked good - it it was against league 2 opposition In fairness. He should be dominating those players I would think anyway
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:52 - Jan 31 with 5762 viewspointofblue

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:50 - Jan 31 by smithy69

He looked good - it it was against league 2 opposition In fairness. He should be dominating those players I would think anyway

Like Championship standard attacking players should be dominating sixth tier opposition… (says someone who made the League Two point last night )

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 11:18 - Jan 31 with 5374 viewsITFCBlues

They don't need to sell - they're selling Wharton for 18-22m so guess that would've helped somewhat.

I suspect/hope we would've moved on by now.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 11:18 - Jan 31 with 5380 viewsEastLondonBlue

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:42 - Jan 31 by nrb1985

I think it’s still on but annoyingly things will all fall into place via the domino effect at the last minute. Keep the faith!
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 11:34 - Jan 31 with 5051 viewsWestSussexBlue

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 11:18 - Jan 31 by ITFCBlues

They don't need to sell - they're selling Wharton for 18-22m so guess that would've helped somewhat.

I suspect/hope we would've moved on by now.

Unconfirmed reports that he fancied a move here so they’ll potentially have an unhappy player on their books I guess. Could be another one that is revisited in the summer depending on the division we find ourselves in.
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 11:38 - Jan 31 with 4956 viewsLankHenners

Believe that was the initial thought but quite a lot of chat from Blackburn fans that the club want to use both him and Gallagher to give them more firepower to pull away from the bottom end of the table.

If they get someone else in in addition to the US guy then maybe we can make a move.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 11:57 - Jan 31 with 4731 viewsitfcjoe

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 11:38 - Jan 31 by LankHenners

Believe that was the initial thought but quite a lot of chat from Blackburn fans that the club want to use both him and Gallagher to give them more firepower to pull away from the bottom end of the table.

If they get someone else in in addition to the US guy then maybe we can make a move.

Linked with Jerry Yates, but sounds as though they want a loan and Swans want a permanent departure

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 11:58 - Jan 31 with 4694 viewsStewart27

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 10:52 - Jan 31 by pointofblue

Like Championship standard attacking players should be dominating sixth tier opposition… (says someone who made the League Two point last night )

We don’t have any championship standard attackers available.
[Post edited 31 Jan 11:59]
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 12:28 - Jan 31 with 4295 viewsEastLondonBlue

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 11:58 - Jan 31 by Stewart27

We don’t have any championship standard attackers available.
[Post edited 31 Jan 11:59]

Maguire heading to Uk for Blackburn medical -Sam Gallagher will be with us soon i hope.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/01/31/blackburn-rovers-set-to-beat-sheffield-wednesday-
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 12:29 - Jan 31 with 4287 viewsPhilTWTD

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 11:38 - Jan 31 by LankHenners

From what I gather, they seem very concerned about getting drawn into the relegation fight.
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 12:39 - Jan 31 with 4105 viewsLankHenners

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 12:29 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

From what I gather, they seem very concerned about getting drawn into the relegation fight.

Understandable I guess, especially as they've just sold one of their best players. See they're also looking to sign McFadzean from Coventry which shows their intention to get/keep experienced heads in given their precarious situation.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 12:45 - Jan 31 with 3981 viewsitfckenty

Dead in the water according to Daily

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24087237.ipswich-town-latest-sam-gallagher-kieffer-
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 12:45 - Jan 31 with 3974 viewsHorsham

You don’t think their concerns are the type that would melt away if Town offered maybe a quarter of a million more pounds?

Edit. Balls. I give up.
[Post edited 31 Jan 12:46]
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 12:48 - Jan 31 with 3900 viewsPhilTWTD

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 12:45 - Jan 31 by Horsham

You don’t think their concerns are the type that would melt away if Town offered maybe a quarter of a million more pounds?

Edit. Balls. I give up.
[Post edited 31 Jan 12:46]

I don't think so. I had thought similar but unless they're deliberately dragging things on to the last minute in order to extract as much cash as possible, then I think they genuinely don't want to sell. I don't credit them with the organisation to be able to do that anyway.
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 13:02 - Jan 31 with 3565 viewsHorsham

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 12:48 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

I don't think so. I had thought similar but unless they're deliberately dragging things on to the last minute in order to extract as much cash as possible, then I think they genuinely don't want to sell. I don't credit them with the organisation to be able to do that anyway.

Yeah, I’d been of the opinion that there were a lot of logical reasons why this deal would happen in that we had made (given his contractual position) a good offer, there seemed to be a fairly decent indication the player was keen on the move and he seems a good fit for the way we play.

I do wonder about Blackburn’s wisdom is chucking £2m away to keep a player for 6 months who seemingly would rather be somewhere else. Time will tell on that I guess.
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 13:04 - Jan 31 with 3534 viewsMarkp68

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 12:48 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

So Phil, is it now either Moore, Ngankam or no one at all? In your opinion is it likely we’re talking to clubs about other players and have managed to keep their identities quiet?
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 13:06 - Jan 31 with 3458 viewsPhilTWTD

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 13:04 - Jan 31 by Markp68

So Phil, is it now either Moore, Ngankam or no one at all? In your opinion is it likely we’re talking to clubs about other players and have managed to keep their identities quiet?

I'm sure we're casting around to find potential bites anywhere, I'd imagine Ngankam is an illustration of that. May well be someone in that we've not heard about at all up to now.
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 13:07 - Jan 31 with 3434 viewsPhilTWTD

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 13:02 - Jan 31 by Horsham

Yeah, I’d been of the opinion that there were a lot of logical reasons why this deal would happen in that we had made (given his contractual position) a good offer, there seemed to be a fairly decent indication the player was keen on the move and he seems a good fit for the way we play.

I do wonder about Blackburn’s wisdom is chucking £2m away to keep a player for 6 months who seemingly would rather be somewhere else. Time will tell on that I guess.

From what I gather, we didn't offer as much as £2m, that report at the weekend wasn't true, but we were probably pushing towards that. Agree, looked a deal which made sense to all parties.
Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 13:30 - Jan 31 with 3076 viewspointofblue

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 13:07 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

From what I gather, we didn't offer as much as £2m, that report at the weekend wasn't true, but we were probably pushing towards that. Agree, looked a deal which made sense to all parties.

Do you think it may have happened had Palace not made the move for Wharton?

Sam Gallagher - FAO Joe on 13:46 - Jan 31 with 2891 viewstractorboy1978

It'd look even worse if they got relegated and we got promoted with Travis (after they've now sold Wharton too) and Gallagher. Logically they should sell but logic may go out the window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024