Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… 10:47 - Jan 29 with 4264 viewsITFC_Forever

…and his parents?

Something about them taking all his cash?!

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 10:49 - Jan 29 with 4187 viewsKieran_Knows

Wasn't he also going through a divorce last year which was why he was selling off loads of shirts?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Yeah, his cash was taken…. on 10:49 - Jan 29 with 4177 viewsBloots

….by his parents.

All of it.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 10:50 - Jan 29 with 4164 viewsSitfcB

Just call it Twitter ffs

Apparently his parents have taken his savings…

So was flogging this…

Has been flogging all his shirts as well, after going through a divorce.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Yeah, his cash was taken…. on 10:52 - Jan 29 with 4106 viewsSitfcB

Yeah, his cash was taken…. on 10:49 - Jan 29 by Bloots

….by his parents.

All of it.

Sounds fishy to me.

COYB

Yeah, his cash was taken…. on 10:56 - Jan 29 with 3996 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, his cash was taken…. on 10:49 - Jan 29 by Bloots

….by his parents.

All of it.

How would that have been possible?

Unless he transferred his savings over to them for some reason?!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 11:00 - Jan 29 with 3912 viewsITFC_Forever

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 10:50 - Jan 29 by SitfcB

Just call it Twitter ffs

So was flogging this…

Was going to, but wouldn’t fit the post header…

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

It’s a little known fact that…. on 11:02 - Jan 29 with 3872 viewsBloots

Yeah, his cash was taken…. on 10:56 - Jan 29 by Dubtractor

….David Norris refused to acknowledge any form of currency other than 50 pence coins. It was a nightmare when he was a footballer, as his wages had to be delivered personally by wheelbarrow every week.

He kept all his money in oil drums on his Dads allotment.

His Dad kept asking him to move them, but Norris refused.

It was just a matter of time really.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 11:03 - Jan 29 with 3847 viewsSitfcB

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 11:00 - Jan 29 by ITFC_Forever

Was going to, but wouldn’t fit the post header…

Damn character limit.

Twit may have worked

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Yeah, his cash was taken…. on 11:07 - Jan 29 with 3767 viewsBloomBlue

Maybe he kept all his savings in cash in a shoebox under the bed and they pinched it.
Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 11:10 - Jan 29 with 3703 viewschicoazul

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 10:50 - Jan 29 by SitfcB

Just call it Twitter ffs

So was flogging this…

I hate stuff like this and find it genuinely tragic that a sportsman would be so reduced by circumstances to having to sell their prizes and souvenirs so thank you so much for making me miserable I really appreciate it. Now I feel awful about calling Norris a poor man’s Westlake all those times.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 11:17 - Jan 29 with 3552 viewsSteve_M

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 11:10 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

I hate stuff like this and find it genuinely tragic that a sportsman would be so reduced by circumstances to having to sell their prizes and souvenirs so thank you so much for making me miserable I really appreciate it. Now I feel awful about calling Norris a poor man’s Westlake all those times.

A ridiculous suggestion really, he was a very expensive man's Westlake.

Edit: To add, I agree it really is quite miserable to see and whilst I didn't rate Norris much he never went missing unlike many of his contempories.
[Post edited 29 Jan 11:18]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 11:17 - Jan 29 with 3548 viewsSitfcB

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 11:10 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

Just over £3k has been raised for him in 24 hours though, hope that cheers you up.

COYB

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 11:18 - Jan 29 with 3515 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I don't think anyone could even compare the way Westlake and Norris played! His last season for us was probably his best and we let him go for free, as was the Ipswich way then.

Whatever the truth it is incredibly sad that a guy who spent a good number of years as a professional has come to the point where he's having to sell off everything he ever had to make ends meet.
Yeah, his cash was taken…. on 11:30 - Jan 29 with 3353 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think i see where you are going with this......
[Post edited 29 Jan 11:30]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 12:00 - Jan 29 with 3106 viewsIllinoisblue

Very odd. Assume police are involved?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 12:43 - Jan 29 with 2839 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 12:00 - Jan 29 by Illinoisblue

Very odd. Assume police are involved?

More likely to be a civil matter rather than a crime one, particularly if the money was put into the care and control of his parents

Poll: Our final position

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 12:47 - Jan 29 with 2779 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Just call it Twitter ffs

So was flogging this…

I obviously don’t know the facts but, stepping back, people are donating to an ex footballer who not so long ago was earning 10k plus a week, and is still perfectly capable of working and earning money? Seems odd to me, and there seems so many better causes. Perhaps I’m missing something.
Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 13:09 - Jan 29 with 2597 viewstextbackup

Lol imagine your mum robbing all your money off you

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 13:38 - Jan 29 with 2372 viewsReus30

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 13:09 - Jan 29 by textbackup

Lol imagine your mum robbing all your money off you

I don't understand how that's funny if that's the truth?

It sucks that he is in this predicament but he is able to work so not sure why people are donating.
Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 16:05 - Jan 29 with 2072 viewstextbackup

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 13:38 - Jan 29 by Reus30

I don't understand how that's funny if that's the truth?

It sucks that he is in this predicament but he is able to work so not sure why people are donating.

Seem to be forgetting he wanted to show solidarity with his drink driving mate who killed a child.

That’s why it’s funny

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 16:26 - Jan 29 with 1952 viewsMattinLondon

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 16:05 - Jan 29 by textbackup

Seem to be forgetting he wanted to show solidarity with his drink driving mate who killed a child.

That’s why it’s funny

You do know it’s possible for someone to condemn the behaviour of someone but still hope that they pull through prison or any other bad experiences.
It’s a little known fact that…. on 16:32 - Jan 29 with 1903 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a little known fact that…. on 11:02 - Jan 29 by Bloots

….David Norris refused to acknowledge any form of currency other than 50 pence coins. It was a nightmare when he was a footballer, as his wages had to be delivered personally by wheelbarrow every week.

He kept all his money in oil drums on his Dads allotment.

His Dad kept asking him to move them, but Norris refused.

It was just a matter of time really.

Blimey. I know some people only trust cash, but that's taking a bit far. No wonder he was slow getting round the pitch - probably knackered after carting all those wheelbarrows about.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 19:07 - Jan 29 with 1518 viewstextbackup

Further to the link Phil retweeted on X, what’s the story with David Norris… on 16:26 - Jan 29 by MattinLondon

You do know it’s possible for someone to condemn the behaviour of someone but still hope that they pull through prison or any other bad experiences.

I’m not anti I’m your opinion, you can leave me to mine

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024