Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gallagher 00:29 - Jan 29 with 5760 viewsPimsNumber1

According to the Sun we are offering nearly 2m and a 3 year contract to yhis old crock.
We must be desperate and I know we are but this is madness .Try the Iraq striker but this bloke is crazy money and if we go up we are stuck with him for 2.5 years
Gallagher on 08:26 - Jan 29 with 1427 viewsMetal_Hacker

Gallagher on 08:25 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

It's the 29th of January, any signing we make is going to need to be pretty imminent at this point.

Sorry Herbs my obvious attempt at humour went over your head

Poll: If it were one or the other

Gallagher on 08:29 - Jan 29 with 1411 viewsbournemouthblue

Gallagher on 02:39 - Jan 29 by ArchiRob

Only seen a limited sample of clips but his pressing and ball winning excites me, he also looks intelligent and cool headed with his choice of passing and shots. Some players stand out as too good and I would love to see him live.

The Womble fans absolutely love him from the comments I have read but most seem to believe he is too good for the league - big step up but some achieve it and I really feel optimistic about this one.

His first touch looks good and his finishing looks fairly composed which is encouraging

I would temper it with the fact that Kayden looked like an animal in League Two as well but there's elements of his play which look higher level, you can't really argue with that

He's still young too and looks pretty fast when carrying the ball, be it against League One defenders

Harry Clarke looked a yard faster in League One than he did in the Championship so who knows

He looks quicker than Hirst though I would say, he could be quite exciting

He really needs an experienced team mate coming in too, whether that's a Gallagher or a Moore etc, someone who offers more physicality potentially

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Gallagher on 08:29 - Jan 29 with 1401 viewsHerbivore

Gallagher on 08:26 - Jan 29 by Metal_Hacker

Sorry Herbs my obvious attempt at humour went over your head

As did mine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gallagher on 08:29 - Jan 29 with 1414 viewsPhilTWTD

Gallagher on 08:24 - Jan 29 by Metal_Hacker

As in “imminent” likely ?

Nothing like that, just that it looked like it definitely wasn't happening a few days ago.
Gallagher on 08:31 - Jan 29 with 1380 viewsHerbivore

Gallagher on 08:29 - Jan 29 by PhilTWTD

Nothing like that, just that it looked like it definitely wasn't happening a few days ago.

And now we're at probably not happening?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gallagher on 08:42 - Jan 29 with 1319 viewsitfcjoe

'Old crock' - he's 28 and has played at least 30 games a season for the last 7 years (bar one when he stayed in the PL at Southampton and didn't get much game time)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gallagher on 08:47 - Jan 29 with 1263 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I'd take him, he's not old, we need 2. He works v hard and as said above has been stuck out on the wing (remember when Mick was baffled that Freddy Sears, a striker, was not banging them in from the wing). He's never been prolific but he's similar to Hirst and has good experience.

Issue I see is Blackburn not selling and us needing him tk really throw his toys out of the pram to get it done

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Gallagher on 08:48 - Jan 29 with 1253 viewsMetal_Hacker

Gallagher on 08:29 - Jan 29 by PhilTWTD

Mind those splinters in your derrière Phillip

Login to get fewer ads

Gallagher on 08:51 - Jan 29 with 1223 viewsjayessess

I'd love to look back at some of the takes on Luongo's fitness/longevity and see how they've aged.

Not every signing can be a wonderkid, some of them have to be good, experienced guys for the level. Strikers of that ilk cost a decent whack.

If £2m+wages buys us three years of a striker who makes our team function better then it'll be well worth it. If it's the difference between promotion and not-promotion the money will be a drop in the ocean.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Gallagher on 09:02 - Jan 29 with 1165 viewsJimmy86

Gallagher on 08:47 - Jan 29 by BlueandTruesince82

I'd take him, he's not old, we need 2. He works v hard and as said above has been stuck out on the wing (remember when Mick was baffled that Freddy Sears, a striker, was not banging them in from the wing). He's never been prolific but he's similar to Hirst and has good experience.

Issue I see is Blackburn not selling and us needing him tk really throw his toys out of the pram to get it done

Dear old Mick was so baffled about Freddie Sears not scoring from the wing, that he played him there, for the majority of his town career!!

Hopefully we get 2 strikers in this week week, and get a positive result up at Preston on Sat!!
Gallagher on 09:07 - Jan 29 with 1129 viewsCityBlue

He is an upgraded version of Hirst. £3m would be at least market standard for a player at this point in the season. Check his footage over the past two seasons and you will see what I mean.

I T I D

Gallagher on 09:07 - Jan 29 with 1117 viewstractorboy1978

Gallagher on 09:07 - Jan 29 by CityBlue

He is an upgraded version of Hirst. £3m would be at least market standard for a player at this point in the season. Check his footage over the past two seasons and you will see what I mean.

He kept Hirst out of the team at Blackburn.
Gallagher on 09:39 - Jan 29 with 1005 viewsblueasfook

I wish i could give this post 2 downvotes.

1 for your sh1t take and another for reading The S*n

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Gallagher on 09:51 - Jan 29 with 967 viewscooperd5

Gallagher on 07:25 - Jan 29 by ITFC_Forever

Don’t buy The S*n.

Ever.
Gallagher on 09:55 - Jan 29 with 934 viewscooperd5

Gallagher on 08:47 - Jan 29 by BlueandTruesince82

Blackburn are in a world of financial pain, something about the money from India no longer a given. They are having to sell Wharton so I imagine anything is available with a bit of pressure...
Gallagher on 09:56 - Jan 29 with 917 viewsZapers

Gallagher on 08:21 - Jan 29 by PhilTWTD

To be more cheerful, I think there's more chance of it happening now than there was a couple of days ago.

Haha, that made me laugh!
Gallagher on 10:06 - Jan 29 with 857 viewsNthQldITFC

Gallagher on 07:25 - Jan 29 by ITFC_Forever

Don’t buy The S*n.

Their journalism isn't great, their morals and their politics are sh!t, but they do a knockout version in Braille.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Gallagher on 10:16 - Jan 29 with 807 viewsArchiRob

Gallagher on 10:06 - Jan 29 by NthQldITFC

Their journalism isn't great, their morals and their politics are sh!t, but they do a knockout version in Braille.

Is that in France or Belgium?
Gallagher on 10:31 - Jan 29 with 712 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Gallagher on 10:06 - Jan 29 by NthQldITFC

Didn't think they had page 3 any more

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Gallagher on 10:32 - Jan 29 with 695 viewsMetal_Hacker

Gallagher on 10:31 - Jan 29 by BlueandTruesince82

Didn't think they had page 3 any more

You’re just making a tít of yourself now

Gallagher on 10:37 - Jan 29 with 649 viewsBuffaloBill

Gallagher on 10:16 - Jan 29 by ArchiRob

Is that in France or Belgium?

Duh, it's the capital of Brasil, guess you are one of the Rio types

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Gallagher on 10:39 - Jan 29 with 624 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Gallagher has had one bad injury. He’s no Lee Evans on that front.

From what I can gather, think Hirst with bags more Championship experience.

Sounds like a good addition. 2 million will be peanuts if he helps us get promoted during his time here.

Poll: Our final position

Gallagher on 10:43 - Jan 29 with 587 viewsArchiRob

Gallagher on 10:37 - Jan 29 by BuffaloBill

Duh, it's the capital of Brasil, guess you are one of the Rio types

Whoosh it flew over your hat cowboy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024