Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) 20:22 - Jan 25 with 3041 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 20:23 - Jan 25 with 3014 viewsStewart27

No sh!t
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 20:27 - Jan 25 with 2958 viewspointofblue

It really is. How the heck is Al-Hamadi worth in excess of £2m???

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 20:30 - Jan 25 with 2925 viewsDarkBrandon

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 20:27 - Jan 25 by pointofblue

They have a player we want. It is possible others want him too. We have cash and are desperate.
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 20:53 - Jan 25 with 2761 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 20:27 - Jan 25 by pointofblue

High scoring striker. Not many around that aren't on crazy wages or cost the earth.

21 year old international. 2mill is a great price tbh.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 20:55 - Jan 25 with 2758 viewspointofblue

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 20:53 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

High scoring striker. Not many around that aren't on crazy wages or cost the earth.

21 year old international. 2mill is a great price tbh.

Hopefully we'll get a deal of £1.5m with appearance/goal/promotion add ons making up the rest.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 20:58 - Jan 25 with 2720 viewsGlasgowBlue

You'll never forgive him for sacking Paul Cook, will you?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 21:45 - Jan 25 with 2445 viewshomer_123

And?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 21:51 - Jan 25 with 2395 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s right.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 21:57 - Jan 25 with 2334 viewslizzibee

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 20:23 - Jan 25 by Stewart27

No sh!t

100% - always a difficult window as players mid contract and eyes firmly focussed on the games left and positions. But there are deals and getting a player from a lower league and coaching him is the way to go and what the Ipswich model has always been about
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 06:42 - Jan 26 with 1976 viewstextbackup

Think what he could be worth under a couple of seasons of KM coaching.
He’s made every single player better.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 07:46 - Jan 26 with 1849 viewsMetal_Hacker

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 06:42 - Jan 26 by textbackup

Could be another Ivan Toney ( in a footballing sense and not anything else )

Poll: If it were one or the other

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 07:59 - Jan 26 with 1778 viewsKeno

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 07:46 - Jan 26 by Metal_Hacker

Could be another Ivan Toney ( in a footballing sense and not anything else )

I wouldnt bet on it
[Post edited 26 Jan 8:00]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 08:02 - Jan 26 with 1757 viewsBseaBlue

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 07:59 - Jan 26 by Keno

I wouldnt bet on it

Certainly a gamble of a signing.
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 08:11 - Jan 26 with 1698 viewsSharkey

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 06:42 - Jan 26 by textbackup

He didn't make KVY better, sadly.
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 08:12 - Jan 26 with 1684 viewsChurchman

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 07:59 - Jan 26 by Keno

I wouldnt bet on it

Yes, transfers are always a bit of a gamble
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 08:14 - Jan 26 with 1661 viewsITFC_Forever

Indeed it is.

And like VAR, is a blight on the modern game.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 08:19 - Jan 26 with 1616 viewsBiGDonnie

Does he dapple in TWTD user sales? Few on here need a return home to wotb.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 08:59 - Jan 26 with 1448 viewsSWGF

Gassan Ahadme's on the phone. Wants a word.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 13:02 - Jan 26 with 1162 viewscressi

Well Mr Ashton you knew that in August so I don't want excuses down to you now.
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 15:11 - Jan 26 with 962 viewsNBVJohn

My first reaction to seeing this was that it took me back to the ludicrous sound bites that were trotted out by Ian Milne and that other mouthpiece for Evans’s failures - Lee someone or other?

Several years on and Ashton’s undeniable success in the transfer market lends a credibility to this sort of statement that neither of them could ever have had! How far we have come!
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 16:31 - Jan 26 with 836 viewsMK1

Do you ever post anything positive?
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 16:35 - Jan 26 with 827 viewsblueislander

Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 13:02 - Jan 26 by cressi

Well Mr Ashton you knew that in August so I don't want excuses down to you now.

Ah! Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Mark Ashton : "January is a seller's window" (n/t) on 16:38 - Jan 26 with 820 viewsOldFart71

Sometimes I wonder if people who comment on this forum are really Town fans. They continually moan either about players in the team such as Jackson and Hladky, they dispute the loan of Ladapo even though he wouldn't possibly have even been on the bench if Hirst and a another had been available. Now it's on to Ashton who has done a pretty good job of bringing in players. Last season we were a big fish in a small pond, this year we are a big fish in a bigger pond. Clubs either don't want to sell or what stupid money for players. It was unfortunate that Hirst got injured at a bad time really as if he'd been available the necessity to bring in another striker whilst needed wouldn't have been so urgent. But then I'm the last person who want's to see us buy a makeshift striker who isn't going to be on a par or better than Hirst who we then have to replace if we make the Premier League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024