Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester parking 08:33 - Jan 22 with 1682 viewsTractorCam

Where? Other than Gatwick obviously.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Leicester parking on 08:40 - Jan 22 with 1657 viewsHerbivore

East Midlands Airport.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leicester parking on 08:51 - Jan 22 with 1635 viewsLesta_Tractor

Plenty of terraced streets you can park on not too far from the stadium.

If you don't mind a bit of a trek then the John Lewis or St. Margaret's Pastures (Leicester City Hockey Club) car parks are ok.

Don't use the P&R in Enderby, it's close to the M1 but I think it closes at 8pm.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Leicester parking on 08:58 - Jan 22 with 1588 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Freemans Common would be my suggestion

Close to the allocated away pub as well ‘The local Hero’
Leicester parking on 09:14 - Jan 22 with 1526 viewsle2blue

Leicester parking on 08:51 - Jan 22 by Lesta_Tractor

Plenty of terraced streets you can park on not too far from the stadium.

If you don't mind a bit of a trek then the John Lewis or St. Margaret's Pastures (Leicester City Hockey Club) car parks are ok.

Don't use the P&R in Enderby, it's close to the M1 but I think it closes at 8pm.

I'd endorse street parking, clarendon park road area, 10 min stroll via freemans common to the stadium. If you're arriving early you can also head to Queens Road where there are some bars / pub (Bar Dos and The Clarendon are decent choices) and takeaways / restaurants (Halcyon, Pizza and Indian Kebab shop which is fab).
Leicester parking on 09:32 - Jan 22 with 1455 viewsTractorCam

Leicester parking on 09:14 - Jan 22 by le2blue

I'd endorse street parking, clarendon park road area, 10 min stroll via freemans common to the stadium. If you're arriving early you can also head to Queens Road where there are some bars / pub (Bar Dos and The Clarendon are decent choices) and takeaways / restaurants (Halcyon, Pizza and Indian Kebab shop which is fab).

Cheers all, the south areas look better so it's quicker access back to the main roads to Ipswich. I'll hopefully be there before 5 so would the business park be able to be used by that point if it's still in work hours?

For street parking it looks like there's lots of "residents only" areas.
[Post edited 22 Jan 9:33]

Leicester parking on 10:15 - Jan 22 with 1366 viewsle2blue

Leicester parking on 09:32 - Jan 22 by TractorCam

Cheers all, the south areas look better so it's quicker access back to the main roads to Ipswich. I'll hopefully be there before 5 so would the business park be able to be used by that point if it's still in work hours?

residents only is in the morning, no restrictions after 11am (its to stop Uni students parking in that area). After the game you then shoot down the A6 to Kettering, avoiding the m1 and the jams around Fosse Park.
Leicester parking on 10:15 - Jan 22 with 1365 viewsbluelagos

Leicester parking on 09:32 - Jan 22 by TractorCam

Just looked on google street view and the areas mentioned look fine. The parting restrictions on the signs (when the google camera went round) were in the morning only.

Obs need to check when there - but looks to be fine if you can bag a spot.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Leicester parking on 10:24 - Jan 22 with 1330 viewsTractorCam

Leicester parking on 10:15 - Jan 22 by bluelagos

Just looked on google street view and the areas mentioned look fine. The parting restrictions on the signs (when the google camera went round) were in the morning only.

Obs need to check when there - but looks to be fine if you can bag a spot.

Oh right, is that the 9.30-10.30 am signs? I did wonder what was happening there but makes sense if it's student related.

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester parking on 10:24 - Jan 22 with 1330 viewsyorkshireblue

Leicester parking on 10:15 - Jan 22 by le2blue

residents only is in the morning, no restrictions after 11am (its to stop Uni students parking in that area). After the game you then shoot down the A6 to Kettering, avoiding the m1 and the jams around Fosse Park.

As someone heading from Yorkshire down the M1 this doesn't fill me with confidence....

I was going to head to Freeman Common - is this not recommended if heading back Opp North?
Leicester parking on 11:00 - Jan 22 with 1246 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Leicester parking on 10:24 - Jan 22 by yorkshireblue

As someone heading from Yorkshire down the M1 this doesn't fill me with confidence....

I was going to head to Freeman Common - is this not recommended if heading back Opp North?

Similar road out, I think it's Groby Road which will lead you Glenfield, Anstey then A46 on to M1
Leicester parking on 11:07 - Jan 22 with 1210 views_clive_baker_

I'll do what I do whenever I drive to away games. Set my Sat nav for the stadium and once we're within about 0.7 miles I'll drop my car at the 1st appropriate and legal place I see.

I appreciate some have mobility considerations though. It also helps having a car that I don't particularly give a crap about.
Leicester parking on 11:09 - Jan 22 with 1192 views_clive_baker_

Leicester parking on 10:24 - Jan 22 by TractorCam

Oh right, is that the 9.30-10.30 am signs? I did wonder what was happening there but makes sense if it's student related.

Students are up and about before 10:30am? Guess that's the benefit of not drinking.

Changed a bit since my day.
Leicester parking on 11:28 - Jan 22 with 1101 viewsle2blue

Leicester parking on 10:24 - Jan 22 by yorkshireblue

You'll be fine. It'll be busy, but that time of night should move quickly.
Leicester parking on 11:51 - Jan 22 with 1020 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure if any time restrictions these days but Morrisons Car Park is handy and Local Hero ( GK pub) ,assume still accept away fans, is on your route to the ground.

Also McDonalds near by.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Leicester parking on 12:01 - Jan 22 with 984 viewsBluJu

Leicester parking on 11:51 - Jan 22 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure if any time restrictions these days but Morrisons Car Park is handy and Local Hero ( GK pub) ,assume still accept away fans, is on your route to the ground.

Also McDonalds near by.

I just looked at the Morrisons car park entrance on streetview, and although normally the restriction is 3 hours max stay, it states 90 mins max on match days. Might well be targetting Saturday matches of course, but probably not worth the risk.
Leicester parking on 12:23 - Jan 22 with 933 viewsJubba1975

I've got a park up your street which I can't use !!
Leicester parking on 09:13 - Jan 23 with 698 viewsTractorCam

Leicester parking on 10:15 - Jan 22 by le2blue

I parked on Howard Road and it definitely seemed like a kinder exit than the industrial estate, so thanks a lot!

Leicester parking on 10:06 - Jan 23 with 669 viewsbluelagos

Freeman's common area was a 'mare to get out of last night. Lagos levels of traffic!

Good run once I got on the A47 - but still quarter to one before I pulled on the drive.

What time did the coaches drop off anyone?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024