Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton 22:04 - Jan 21 with 4153 viewsketton_itfc

Great start for Freddie if true....
Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 22:22 - Jan 21 with 4024 viewscatch74

They’ve done a fair bit of business this window - think including Bakinson! - be odd to then sack the manager. I’d forgotten Camara was there too - think he’s due back from injury around now.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 22:39 - Jan 21 with 3909 viewsketton_itfc

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 22:22 - Jan 21 by catch74

They’ve done a fair bit of business this window - think including Bakinson! - be odd to then sack the manager. I’d forgotten Camara was there too - think he’s due back from injury around now.

Does seem odd but it's a basket case. I think the ex Sunderland owners or one of them are involved now. Of course I too forgot about Camara! Plenty of Town interest then.
Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 22:43 - Jan 21 with 3867 viewspointofblue

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 22:22 - Jan 21 by catch74

Three permanent signings in plus three loans. Now they're not going to be sure if the new manager will use them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 23:10 - Jan 21 with 3697 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Appleton will still be getting the managerial jobs in football and it's weird a bit.
Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 01:48 - Jan 22 with 3423 viewsIllinoisblue

Pretty fun for Freddie, playing for 3 managers in a month. Maybe 4 if they appoint a caretaker. What a mess Charlton are. They make the Evans era look almost acceptable.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 05:09 - Jan 22 with 3253 viewsMK1

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 01:48 - Jan 22 by Illinoisblue

Pretty fun for Freddie, playing for 3 managers in a month. Maybe 4 if they appoint a caretaker. What a mess Charlton are. They make the Evans era look almost acceptable.

I'm glad you said almost.
Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 07:26 - Jan 22 with 3004 viewsPlums

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 01:48 - Jan 22 by Illinoisblue

Their slide has been quite something. Slow and painful decline over a number of years. IIRC it all started because they weren't happy with a top ten PL finish. A warning to everyone.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 08:28 - Jan 22 with 2771 viewsSE1blue

Genuinely feel really sorry for the guy. Served us well and deserved something good having accepted being moved on.

I also thought he could have secured a team better (and more together) than Charlton.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Login to get fewer ads

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 08:45 - Jan 22 with 2659 viewsketton_itfc

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-athletic-miserable-decline-2865745 adds some context, behind a paywall. Jesus, that malaise all sounds a bit familiar.
Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 08:59 - Jan 22 with 2579 viewsfranz_tyson

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 08:28 - Jan 22 by SE1blue

Genuinely feel really sorry for the guy. Served us well and deserved something good having accepted being moved on.

I also thought he could have secured a team better (and more together) than Charlton.

He's not been forced there. He has a choice to stay here under contract or find another club. If he did his research and didn't like their setup..... he could say no and look elsewhere for another club.
It's early days.... it could work out a good move for him. I don't hear him complaining. Why get all upset on his behalf when we don't know what he's feeling.
Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 09:37 - Jan 22 with 2383 viewsgainsboroughblue

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 07:26 - Jan 22 by Plums

Their slide has been quite something. Slow and painful decline over a number of years. IIRC it all started because they weren't happy with a top ten PL finish. A warning to everyone.

10 Seasons in League One since relegation from the Prem too. The classic BCWYWF.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 10:23 - Jan 22 with 2133 viewsGuthrum

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 08:28 - Jan 22 by SE1blue

Probably not much to feel sorry for. Even should the rumours have substance, a player of his calibre is going to be in the plans of whoever replaced Appleton, too. Plus, if things really don't work out for some reason, it's only a half-season loan for now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 15:21 - Jan 22 with 1716 viewsBlueBadger

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 09:37 - Jan 22 by gainsboroughblue

10 Seasons in League One since relegation from the Prem too. The classic BCWYWF.

But how's the match day experience and the quality of the football?

I bet they're off the charts.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 15:28 - Jan 22 with 1694 viewshoppy

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 15:21 - Jan 22 by BlueBadger

But how's the match day experience and the quality of the football?

I bet they're off the charts.

And does he 'just get them'?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 23:18 - Jan 23 with 1278 viewscatch74

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 23:34 - Jan 23 with 1201 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Rumours Appleton sacked by Charlton on 09:37 - Jan 22 by gainsboroughblue

It’s worth noting that they still managed a League One promotion, something Evans couldn’t do despite his wonderful 5 point plans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024