Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Green Day album out today 19:35 - Jan 19 with 2172 viewsAYACCA

30years since Dookie and 20 since American idiot and they're still the best band in the world. Lovely stuff
New Green Day album out today on 19:39 - Jan 19 with 1574 viewsMullet

American Idiot was the end of them really. Terrible album, terrible shift and I don't blame them but bar the odd thing on Warning they've done nothing decent after Insomniac.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

New Green Day album out today on 19:49 - Jan 19 with 1534 viewsDubtractor

New Green Day album out today on 19:39 - Jan 19 by Mullet

American Idiot was the end of them really. Terrible album, terrible shift and I don't blame them but bar the odd thing on Warning they've done nothing decent after Insomniac.

I've got mixed feelings on Green Day.

Love Dookie, even now 30 years later, and had a lot of time for Kerplunk too (obviously discovered after Dookie, I wasn't ahead of the curve). Nothing after that really grabbed me in the same way though.

The slew of fooking terrible US pop punk bands were a direct result of Green Day though, as labels got the template and watered it down.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

New Green Day album out today on 19:52 - Jan 19 with 1518 viewsdickie

New Green Day album out today on 19:49 - Jan 19 by Dubtractor

Love Dookie, even now 30 years later, and had a lot of time for Kerplunk too (obviously discovered after Dookie, I wasn't ahead of the curve). Nothing after that really grabbed me in the same way though.

The slew of fooking terrible US pop punk bands were a direct result of Green Day though, as labels got the template and watered it down.

I love Insomniac and Nimrod as well
New Green Day album out today on 19:53 - Jan 19 with 1511 viewsMullet

New Green Day album out today on 19:49 - Jan 19 by Dubtractor

Yeah, but that's not really Green Day's fault they weren't exactly hiding their influences or being anything than a bunch of snot-nosed kids who hit the sweet spot at the right time.

Billie-Joe's side project showed he was definitely a decent songwriter.

Also, despite people revising them the fact they came up with Operation Ivy et al. means they were being authentic. Nimrod was massive when I was in my early teens so it meant I can overlook the radio courting sheen on it.

New Green Day album out today on 19:56 - Jan 19 with 1483 viewsgtsb1966

Green Day were a great band in their early years but the band who should've got the plaudits in the American so called punk scene were Rancid. So much better.
New Green Day album out today on 19:58 - Jan 19 with 1464 viewsThisIsMyUsername

They can't be the best band in the world because Red Hot Chili Peppers exist.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

New Green Day album out today on 20:00 - Jan 19 with 1455 viewsMullet

New Green Day album out today on 19:56 - Jan 19 by gtsb1966

Green Day were a great band in their early years but the band who should've got the plaudits in the American so called punk scene were Rancid. So much better.

Rancid were huge and Tim Armstrong collaborated with Blink 182 etc. It was the shagging a 17 year old and making her famous when he was in his 30's that really curtailed the mega stardom.

New Green Day album out today on 20:02 - Jan 19 with 1428 viewsBlueschev

Going to see them at Wembley. £125 a ticket, punk’s not dead!
Login to get fewer ads

New Green Day album out today on 20:04 - Jan 19 with 1419 viewsDubtractor

New Green Day album out today on 19:56 - Jan 19 by gtsb1966

Best US punk band of that era for me, were Bad Religion.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

New Green Day album out today on 20:05 - Jan 19 with 1408 viewsBlueschev

New Green Day album out today on 20:04 - Jan 19 by Dubtractor

Best US punk band of that era for me, were Bad Religion.

Is the correct answer. Absolutely love them.
New Green Day album out today on 20:07 - Jan 19 with 1394 viewsDubtractor

New Green Day album out today on 19:58 - Jan 19 by ThisIsMyUsername

Ha.

Good one.

New Green Day album out today on 20:11 - Jan 19 with 1363 viewsgtsb1966

New Green Day album out today on 20:00 - Jan 19 by Mullet

Rancid were huge and Tim Armstrong collaborated with Blink 182 etc. It was the shagging a 17 year old and making her famous when he was in his 30's that really curtailed the mega stardom.

He started Hellcat Records. One of the bands who started there were The Interrupters. I saw them in London in 2020 just before covid broke. If you like American Ska/Punk then go along and see them next time. They are superb.
New Green Day album out today on 20:37 - Jan 19 with 1290 viewsAYACCA

New Green Day album out today on 20:02 - Jan 19 by Blueschev

Saw them 22 on the Hella mega tour with Weezer, still the best concert was Milton Keynes 2005.

Also saw blink in September in Stockholm, they were excellent and their new album is fantastic
New Green Day album out today on 21:00 - Jan 19 with 1238 viewsDecageBruce

Green Day are one of my favourite bands ever and the soundtrack to my mid teens (along with Nirvana, Wildhearts, Rancid, Operation Ivy, NOFX, Bad Religion, Symposium and others) however, they became about as Punk as U2 with American Idiot. I’d love to have seen them back in the day and appreciate everything changes but give me their early stuff any day.

Edit: just seen other’s comments and there’s some good music taste on here, or we were all mates from Felixstowe in the mid/late 90s and I’ve not seen through the User Names 👍🏻
[Post edited 19 Jan 21:02]
New Green Day album out today on 21:06 - Jan 19 with 1217 viewsDubtractor

New Green Day album out today on 21:00 - Jan 19 by DecageBruce

Green Day are one of my favourite bands ever and the soundtrack to my mid teens (along with Nirvana, Wildhearts, Rancid, Operation Ivy, NOFX, Bad Religion, Symposium and others) however, they became about as Punk as U2 with American Idiot. I’d love to have seen them back in the day and appreciate everything changes but give me their early stuff any day.

Edit: just seen other’s comments and there’s some good music taste on here, or we were all mates from Felixstowe in the mid/late 90s and I’ve not seen through the User Names 👍🏻
[Post edited 19 Jan 21:02]

Earth vs The Wildhearts is a brilliant album.

New Green Day album out today on 21:19 - Jan 19 with 1190 viewsGlasgowBlue

New Green Day album out today on 20:02 - Jan 19 by Blueschev

If Green Day are touring the UK this summer then wake me up when September ends.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

New Green Day album out today on 21:24 - Jan 19 with 1173 viewsTVRBlue

New Green Day album out today on 19:58 - Jan 19 by ThisIsMyUsername

They can't be the best band in the world because the Foo Fighters exist.

Corrected that for ya!
New Green Day album out today on 21:30 - Jan 19 with 1147 viewsDecageBruce

New Green Day album out today on 21:24 - Jan 19 by TVRBlue

Corrected that for ya!

Loved the RHCP back in the day but struggle now as don’t feel their 90s stuff has aged too well (personal preference). Also, big fan of FF and will always be up there for me and Dave G has to be one of the best people to have lived. Some of the vids of him with fans, on stage, off stage, volunteering, BBQing, just a pure dude with a pure heart

Edit (again), after a crap week and kids in bed. Down the music rabbit hole I go with a nice bottle of red. Cheers, COYB
[Post edited 19 Jan 21:38]
New Green Day album out today on 21:38 - Jan 19 with 1122 viewsGlasgowBlue

New Green Day album out today on 21:24 - Jan 19 by TVRBlue

Corrected that for ya!

I'll raise you Mansun and The Manic Street Preachers.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

New Green Day album out today on 21:41 - Jan 19 with 1106 viewsDecageBruce

New Green Day album out today on 21:38 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Mansun I liked. MSP I was late too, heard their ‘commercial’ stuff which I didn’t mind but when I listen to their other other stuff I did/do like but (prob to my detriment) not a band that I call a go too. What I do know is I have a 3 hour drive tomorrow and this is all adding to a great playlist
New Green Day album out today on 21:42 - Jan 19 with 1100 viewsDubtractor

New Green Day album out today on 21:41 - Jan 19 by DecageBruce

Mansun I liked. MSP I was late too, heard their ‘commercial’ stuff which I didn’t mind but when I listen to their other other stuff I did/do like but (prob to my detriment) not a band that I call a go too. What I do know is I have a 3 hour drive tomorrow and this is all adding to a great playlist

Generation Terrorists and (especially) The Holy Bible are top albums. Otherwise I can take or leave MSP, at least in terms of albums.

Anyway, lets get to the point.

Greatest band in the world is/was Monster Magnet.
[Post edited 19 Jan 21:45]

New Green Day album out today on 21:43 - Jan 19 with 1098 viewsTVRBlue

New Green Day album out today on 21:30 - Jan 19 by DecageBruce

Loved the RHCP back in the day but struggle now as don’t feel their 90s stuff has aged too well (personal preference). Also, big fan of FF and will always be up there for me and Dave G has to be one of the best people to have lived. Some of the vids of him with fans, on stage, off stage, volunteering, BBQing, just a pure dude with a pure heart

Edit (again), after a crap week and kids in bed. Down the music rabbit hole I go with a nice bottle of red. Cheers, COYB
[Post edited 19 Jan 21:38]

Firstly, apologies to the OP - the thread has evolved and.....well, apologies - didn't mean to hijack it.

Saw the Chilli Peps at Portman Road back in the day - early/mid 2000's? Enjoyed their performance/show.

Have seen Foo Fighters several times and am going to see them again at the Olympic Stadium this coming June.

Was also fortunate to get tickets for the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert at Wembley - what a day!

Dave Grohl - legend. When he accepted Nandi Bushell's challenge during lockdown it was fun and showed an endearing human side to him. And then, of course, she joined them on stage at one of their shows.

Edited to add Nandi Bushell from Ipswich....in case people didn't know.

[Post edited 19 Jan 21:46]
New Green Day album out today on 21:47 - Jan 19 with 1081 viewsTVRBlue

New Green Day album out today on 21:38 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Good shout!
New Green Day album out today on 22:06 - Jan 19 with 1047 viewsDecageBruce

New Green Day album out today on 21:43 - Jan 19 by TVRBlue

Firstly, apologies to the OP - the thread has evolved and.....well, apologies - didn't mean to hijack it.

Saw the Chilli Peps at Portman Road back in the day - early/mid 2000's? Enjoyed their performance/show.

Have seen Foo Fighters several times and am going to see them again at the Olympic Stadium this coming June.

Was also fortunate to get tickets for the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert at Wembley - what a day!

Dave Grohl - legend. When he accepted Nandi Bushell's challenge during lockdown it was fun and showed an endearing human side to him. And then, of course, she joined them on stage at one of their shows.

Edited to add Nandi Bushell from Ipswich....in case people didn't know.

[Post edited 19 Jan 21:46]

I’ve never worked out how to post links on here and sure you’ve seen it but if not please look up Foo Fighter Kiss Guy’ (full vids about 9 minutes long and is the pre talk before getting him on stage)
[Post edited 19 Jan 22:07]
New Green Day album out today on 23:51 - Jan 19 with 976 viewsBlueschev

New Green Day album out today on 21:06 - Jan 19 by Dubtractor

Earth vs The Wildhearts is a brilliant album.

Listened to that and Troublegum tonight, proper teenage nostalgia! Even got my guitar out!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024