Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher 18:36 - Jan 16 with 14704 viewsitfcjoe

According to the Express

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:28 - Jan 16 with 2510 viewsMK1

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:07 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

Indeed it is and the manager will be expecting his recruitment team to deliver.

Managers are indeed judged in their results.. very often chairman etc don't care about the whys...if results don't go the way they want they make a decision.

For KM he's rightful to feel the same. He can't go out and sign players himself we have a structure. That structure is set up to find players for him to manage. It doesn't matter that it's real life not football manager. It's how it works and KM would have been clear in the summer about what he needs. What he didn't get. What he wanted and what he expected.

No he won't throw toys of pram like I've done before.
That's just the fun of being a fan and being able to. But any manager wants players. He needs them to help him to achieve what he wants.

But disclaimer.. let's see where we are at the end of the window. It just bugs me when I see people saying there's not much out there like we've tried the 3 stickers in the world.
[Post edited 16 Jan 19:32]

Frim lad. Let the window shut before you say things like this. If on the 1st of Feb we haven't got anyone in, then by all means throw your toys, but not now. Please learn.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:30 - Jan 16 with 2485 viewsVegtablue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:04 - Jan 16 by Xatticus

I’m sure they have been, but it makes little difference when the deadline is etched in stone. If they believe their leverage will improve by waiting until closer to that deadline, then they will wait.

Surely we have an evaluation and if the costs exceed that evaluation, then we will move on. There is no circumstance that justifies a bad decision.

The only caveat to this I can think of is if we have a promotion gamble pot running concurrently with player valuations this window. Let's say our valuation of Gallagher is ÂŁ1M, but we're unable to attract others and were closest to his deal financially. If the perceived cost to our promotion hopes is deemed too great without a new striker, we may decide to offer more than we think the player should be worth. Hopefully we don't need to consider it, especially with FFP constraints as they are should we not go up.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:31 - Jan 16 with 2467 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:28 - Jan 16 by MK1

Frim lad. Let the window shut before you say things like this. If on the 1st of Feb we haven't got anyone in, then by all means throw your toys, but not now. Please learn.

Oh no no I'm all good I'm not at that stage yet, I was just explaining that I agree with herbz about it being real life.

Ah I see. I put I am.. my bad. Amended.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:33 - Jan 16 with 2464 viewsPhilTWTD

I heard earlier it had stalled, although didn't know why. Am guessing if that's the case that it's a negotiation tactic on their behalf, but we'll see.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:34 - Jan 16 with 2389 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:33 - Jan 16 by PhilTWTD

I heard earlier it had stalled, although didn't know why. Am guessing if that's the case that it's a negotiation tactic on their behalf, but we'll see.

Phil is this kinda like the time you said the takeover had stalled and then tomorrow....

Waka waka eh eh

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:43 - Jan 16 with 2320 viewsbournemouthblue

What did we do when we didn't get Hirst in summer 2022 out of interest, I assume we signed Ladapo?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:44 - Jan 16 with 2297 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:51 - Jan 16 with 2193 viewsPhilTWTD

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:34 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

Phil is this kinda like the time you said the takeover had stalled and then tomorrow....

May well be, although there were a few weeks between those two events and there isn't that kind of time now. We'll see whether they're just negotiating and the next offer cracks it.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:51 - Jan 16 with 2164 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:43 - Jan 16 by bournemouthblue

What did we do when we didn't get Hirst in summer 2022 out of interest, I assume we signed Ladapo?

Freddie was an early signing. End of May

We signed ahadme instead of hirst.

Waka waka eh eh

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:52 - Jan 16 with 2154 viewsChurchman

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 18:48 - Jan 16 by bournemouthblue

We'll sign him in the summer for less, that's normally how it goes

I can see that happening,

So Blackburn could wind up with a disgruntled player who leaves for nothing at seasons end. Smart.

The club should not allow itself to be mugged off.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:54 - Jan 16 with 2116 viewsPhilTWTD

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:43 - Jan 16 by bournemouthblue

We went after Will Keane and then signed Gassan Ahadme on deadline day.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:00 - Jan 16 with 2046 viewsChurchman

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 18:53 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

Yes but we've only had 6 months to plan for this.

Plan for what? Today he’s Blackburn’s player. We want him, player wants the move, club wringing the lemon for more money. ITFC not taking it up the old whizzway from Blackburn, so it all stalls. Blackburn’s problem.

Yes we need a Hirst replacement. But not at any price. There will be more twists to this. We’ve brought in a couple of players so far, we have a good sized squad. Let’s be patient and see what it looks like at the end of the window.
If we were in danger of the drop I’d be nervous. We are building. I’m not. Just chill.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:04 - Jan 16 with 1999 viewsParky

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 18:53 - Jan 16 by Stu_boy

If this doesn't happen, how about brandon asante-Thomas from wba?

Wonder how much it would take to get him, sure West Brom had some financial troubles.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:14 - Jan 16 with 1907 viewscbower

It feels like a negotiating tactic to me. If, as has been reported, the player wants the move, then that's vital. The Rovers fan on Blue Monday post the Travis deal said they wanted his wages off the books most of all. If Gallagher is on top whack as claimed, they'll want his wages off too I guess. However, could it be they are waiting for someone to offer them big money for Szmodics and that's why they're playing a bit of hardball over Gallagher?

bluescouser

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:17 - Jan 16 with 1860 viewsLeoMuff

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 18:54 - Jan 16 by BlueOura

Blackburn playing hardball I suspect. I doubt this is the end of it, especially if the player wants the move.

Think is the most likely scenario, seems crazy for them to be turning down £1-1.5m for a player they aren’t renewing his contract when realistically they aren’t going up or down this season, binning that sort of cash sounds unlikely.
They know we are desperate and think can hold out for more or start a bidding war.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:21 - Jan 16 with 1824 viewsbournemouthblue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:51 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

Freddie was an early signing. End of May

We signed ahadme instead of hirst.

Crikey, let's hope that's not an outlier for alternatives!

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:23 - Jan 16 with 1804 viewsbournemouthblue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:17 - Jan 16 by LeoMuff

Think is the most likely scenario, seems crazy for them to be turning down £1-1.5m for a player they aren’t renewing his contract when realistically they aren’t going up or down this season, binning that sort of cash sounds unlikely.
They know we are desperate and think can hold out for more or start a bidding war.

Sunderland are allegedly interested but that might just be an agent rumour to encourage more interest

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:23 - Jan 16 with 1805 viewsMetal_Hacker

If the player wants the move as the story implies I’m sure his agent is offering ITFC some “inside info” in terms of what’s happening at the other end and the player’s intentions.

If we know he wants to come we’ll pursue and get him. Can’t see BRFC wanting to keep a player who’s pişşed off rotting on the bench picking up a large wedge when we’d take him off their hands

My prediction is they’ll mess around another 24/48 hours , maybe even the weekend and it’ll be announced thereafter

Poll: If it were one or the other

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:27 - Jan 16 with 1770 viewstextbackup

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 18:48 - Jan 16 by bournemouthblue

We'll sign him in the summer for less, that's normally how it goes

Will he be good enough for the prem?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:33 - Jan 16 with 1698 viewstractorboy1978

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:23 - Jan 16 by Metal_Hacker

If the player wants the move as the story implies I’m sure his agent is offering ITFC some “inside info” in terms of what’s happening at the other end and the player’s intentions.

If we know he wants to come we’ll pursue and get him. Can’t see BRFC wanting to keep a player who’s pişşed off rotting on the bench picking up a large wedge when we’d take him off their hands

My prediction is they’ll mess around another 24/48 hours , maybe even the weekend and it’ll be announced thereafter

He’s very good mates with Lewis Travis so we will definitely know that Gallagher is keen on the move!
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:35 - Jan 16 with 1678 viewsSheffordBlue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 20:23 - Jan 16 by Metal_Hacker

According to Transfermarkt he uses the same, rather small, agency that Christian Walton uses so agent wise they should be used to dealing with Town.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Yes!! Get in!! (n/t) on 20:51 - Jan 16 with 1535 viewsBloots

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:54 - Jan 16 by PhilTWTD

We went after Will Keane and then signed Gassan Ahadme on deadline day.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 21:15 - Jan 16 with 1397 viewspennblue

No point in panic buying we need to build a prem capable squad and that will take time

Based on last performance you might even find it galvanises those in the building to he trusted to do the job

Monday night will be interesting

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 21:15 - Jan 16 with 1390 viewsPaulYoungs

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 18:53 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

Yes but we've only had 6 months to plan for this.

You really are a melt.
I have never known anyone as stupid as you
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 21:20 - Jan 16 with 1343 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

He’s worth roughly what we’re offering and has an injury history, they’re not likely to do better do move on I say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024