Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budgies sanctioned by FA 09:22 - Jan 16 with 2413 viewsBlueDouglas

For some offensive chants about their own team:

https://www.thefa.com/news/2024/jan/10/norwich-city-sanctioned-100124
Budgies sanctioned by FA on 09:32 - Jan 16 with 2295 viewsStewart27

Kings Lynn v Norwich. I wonder how many 6 fingered people were conceived that day.

Must have been quite nice for the players to actually hear their fans for once.
Budgies sanctioned by FA on 10:07 - Jan 16 with 2104 viewsNthQldITFC

I like your implication, naughty as it may be.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 10:08 - Jan 16 with 2095 viewsNthQldITFC

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 09:32 - Jan 16 by Stewart27

Kings Lynn v Norwich. I wonder how many 6 fingered people were conceived that day.

Must have been quite nice for the players to actually hear their fans for once.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't result in 7 (seven) fingers though? Someone better at genetics than me might know.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 10:34 - Jan 16 with 1961 viewsArnieM

ncfc are a Tin pot club

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 13:42 - Jan 16 with 1587 viewsIllinoisblue

Even by Norfolk standards that’s very very odd. Were the Kings Lynn fans calling them the s-word and the Norwich fans adopted it about themselves?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 14:31 - Jan 16 with 1436 viewsBYRNE_16

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 13:42 - Jan 16 by Illinoisblue

Even by Norfolk standards that’s very very odd. Were the Kings Lynn fans calling them the s-word and the Norwich fans adopted it about themselves?

Correct.. check this report out 🫣

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/discipline-cases
Budgies sanctioned by FA on 14:39 - Jan 16 with 1375 viewssotd78

This is FA sanctions gone mad. Has anyone seen the length of this report. I may or may not think much of NCFC but perhaps the FA can award Norwich a £10K prize for the excellent Mental Health Video they produced.
Good Lord whatever next . Shedloads of East German Stasi grassing up everyone.

Be careful boys when you sing the Delia song or the Poor little budgie. We'll be accused of insulting birds!

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 14:41 - Jan 16 with 1367 viewsZx1988

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 14:31 - Jan 16 by BYRNE_16

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/discipline-cases

It seems pretty ambiguous to me.

I see from the report that Norwich raised the point that it would have made no sense for their fans to have sung both sets of chants yet, at the same time, the FA doesn't seem to have levied any charges against King's Lynn.

It wouldn't surprise me one jot if the intelligence of the average NCFC fan would lead them to end up singing all of the chants.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Login to get fewer ads

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 15:06 - Jan 16 with 1252 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 14:41 - Jan 16 by Zx1988

I see from the report that Norwich raised the point that it would have made no sense for their fans to have sung both sets of chants yet, at the same time, the FA doesn't seem to have levied any charges against King's Lynn.

It wouldn't surprise me one jot if the intelligence of the average NCFC fan would lead them to end up singing all of the chants.

Is that a nickname they gave themselves or? What...

The bit that amused me in terms of the report and fine is they apparently had no idea which fans even sung it. Makes a bit of a mockery of the case, especially in a smart phone and CCTV era. It could have been 3 people.
[Post edited 16 Jan 16:26]
Budgies sanctioned by FA on 15:25 - Jan 16 with 1161 viewsPinewoodblue

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 15:06 - Jan 16 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Is that a nickname they gave themselves or? What...

The bit that amused me in terms of the report and fine is they apparently had no idea which fans even sung it. Makes a bit of a mockery of the case, especially in a smart phone and CCTV era. It could have been 3 people.
[Post edited 16 Jan 16:26]

Thought norwich admitted the charge

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 15:38 - Jan 16 with 1107 viewsGeoffSentence

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 15:25 - Jan 16 by Pinewoodblue

Thought norwich admitted the charge

They did, but that seems to be in an effort to co-operate because no-one has a clue who was responsible, what with the contradictory nature of the chants and the fact fans were't separated.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 16:25 - Jan 16 with 1019 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 15:38 - Jan 16 by GeoffSentence

They did, but that seems to be in an effort to co-operate because no-one has a clue who was responsible, what with the contradictory nature of the chants and the fact fans were't separated.

There's no video evidence either by phone (from the person reporting the issue),nor CCTV that can identify it, the stewards reported nothing, and yet a 10k fine got dished out.

I don't honestly think they should have been fined at all based on that little evidence, I mean how can Norwich verify it was their own fans themselves, let alone the Lynn fans. It could have been a handful of idiots and those are the ones who should cough up, not the football club.

A bit witch trial rather than evidence based that. Quite worrying how little evidence was needed.
Budgies sanctioned by FA on 16:29 - Jan 16 with 990 viewsredrickstuhaart

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 14:41 - Jan 16 by Zx1988

We all know exactly how this works. It was the same back in the day with tractor boys. The opposition sing it to taunt you, and you re-claim it and sing it back when you are winning.

Must have started with Kings Lynn, though one doubts there was segregation at such a game in any event?
Budgies sanctioned by FA on 16:38 - Jan 16 with 971 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 16:29 - Jan 16 by redrickstuhaart

We all know exactly how this works. It was the same back in the day with tractor boys. The opposition sing it to taunt you, and you re-claim it and sing it back when you are winning.

Must have started with Kings Lynn, though one doubts there was segregation at such a game in any event?

I have asked the Nodger in the office who says it was "plastic boys" and Lynn started it and it was sung back as you described by a handful of people, says a problematic fan who reports everything (apparently well known on Twitter) stirred to pot after his own fans gave him grief over his online meltdowns.

Modern football.
Budgies sanctioned by FA on 16:48 - Jan 16 with 920 viewsWoolfenthen

Did they get a public apology?
Budgies sanctioned by FA on 17:00 - Jan 16 with 875 viewsPlums

Budgies sanctioned by FA on 14:31 - Jan 16 by BYRNE_16

I know Norfolk is behind the times but I hadn't realised it was still 1983 there.
I didn't even realise that word was still in use.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024