Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates 12:57 - Jan 15 with 1671 viewsHitchin_ITFC

This will affect Avanti West Coast services for the Preston match on Saturday 3rd Feb.

Dates/routes affected are:

Tuesday 30 January: Southeastern, Southern, Gatwick Express, Great Northern, Thameslink, South Western Railway and SWR Island Line

Wednesday 31 January: Northern Trains, Transpennine Express

Friday 2 February: Greater Anglia, C2C, LNER

Saturday 3 February: West Midlands Trains, Avanti West Coast, East Midlands Railway

Monday 5 February: Great Western, Cross Country, Chiltern
ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 13:20 - Jan 15 with 1599 viewsDJR

Thanks for that.
ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 13:22 - Jan 15 with 1592 viewsITFC_Forever

Was thinking of doing Swansea on the train, hopefully 17th Feb will be unaffected.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 13:39 - Jan 15 with 1532 viewsSitfcB

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 13:22 - Jan 15 by ITFC_Forever

Was thinking of doing Swansea on the train, hopefully 17th Feb will be unaffected.

1hr 10min bus replacement between Ipswich and London though.

Put me off that did.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

They can’t be expected to live on…. on 13:42 - Jan 15 with 1518 viewsBloots

….£65k a year, for a 4 day week can they!!??!

Even with the overtime they probably don’t take home much more than £75k a year!

They must struggle to make ends meet.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 13:42 - Jan 15 with 1512 viewsITFC_Forever

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 13:39 - Jan 15 by SitfcB

Put me off that did.

Yeah, that's not helpful to be fair.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 14:33 - Jan 15 with 1434 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any idea if this will affect the Leeds to Preston line?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 15:12 - Jan 15 with 1357 viewsTractorCam

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 13:39 - Jan 15 by SitfcB

Put me off that did.

Won't take that long, probably more like 45 minutes.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

They can’t be expected to live on…. on 17:13 - Jan 15 with 1267 viewsbluebudgie

They can’t be expected to live on…. on 13:42 - Jan 15 by Bloots

Even with the overtime they probably don’t take home much more than £75k a year!

Blue Badger and his mates on here will still be supporting them!
Login to get fewer ads

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 17:15 - Jan 15 with 1262 viewsHitchin_ITFC

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 14:33 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Leeds to Preston line should be running ok on 3rd Feb.
ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 1238 viewsJamestownPrince

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 14:33 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

No. its run by Northern BUT its a 1 hour 45 journey hourly so you need to be on the 1157 at the latest... and incase its cancelled ideally the one before
ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 18:34 - Jan 15 with 1183 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 17:25 - Jan 15 by JamestownPrince

No. its run by Northern BUT its a 1 hour 45 journey hourly so you need to be on the 1157 at the latest... and incase its cancelled ideally the one before

Thanks for that. Took your advice about the earlier train and it cost twice as much but oh well.
That's one slow train for 70 miles.

They can’t be expected to live on…. on 18:37 - Jan 15 with 1168 viewsDJR

They can’t be expected to live on…. on 13:42 - Jan 15 by Bloots

Yes, far better for the money to go the the operating companies in dividends.
No, it should be reinvested into.... on 18:42 - Jan 15 with 1131 viewsBloots

They can’t be expected to live on…. on 18:37 - Jan 15 by DJR

Yes, far better for the money to go the the operating companies in dividends.

....the business, rolling stock, infrastructure, etc.

But ultimately we don't live in a communist state, so the train drivers may have to survive on their meagre earnings for a bit longer.

My heart bleeds for them.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

No, it should be reinvested into.... on 18:57 - Jan 15 with 1086 viewsSwansea_Blue

No, it should be reinvested into.... on 18:42 - Jan 15 by Bloots

But ultimately we don't live in a communist state, so the train drivers may have to survive on their meagre earnings for a bit longer.

I can well understand they’re pissed off with year on year real terms pay cuts. I’m not happy with my year on year cut either, but I wouldn’t mind people in other industries striking to try to improve their own pay. The irony is that the government intervening to fix their pay and your opposition to the workers’ attempts to increase their pay is something you’d expect to see in a “communist state”.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 19:08 - Jan 15 with 1046 viewsjasondozzell

Ta for the info.

Does this mean it's likely there will be no trains at all or just a reduced service? Currently not showing any fares for 3rd Feb.
ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 19:50 - Jan 15 with 1006 viewsDJR

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 19:08 - Jan 15 by jasondozzell

Ta for the info.

Does this mean it's likely there will be no trains at all or just a reduced service? Currently not showing any fares for 3rd Feb.

When it happened a month ago, there were no trains on Avanti or South Eastern (who I think are pretty militant), but I can't vouch for other operators.
[Post edited 15 Jan 19:50]
ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 21:24 - Jan 15 with 931 viewsjasondozzell

ASLEF (train drivers) strike - Saturday 3rd Feb plus some other dates on 19:50 - Jan 15 by DJR

When it happened a month ago, there were no trains on Avanti or South Eastern (who I think are pretty militant), but I can't vouch for other operators.
[Post edited 15 Jan 19:50]

Thanks. Might have to be the coach then!
No, it should be reinvested into.... on 15:12 - Jan 16 with 787 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No, it should be reinvested into.... on 18:42 - Jan 15 by Bloots

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/jan/16/free-money-avanti-west-coast-bo

No, it should be reinvested into.... on 15:48 - Jan 16 with 735 viewsDJR

No, it should be reinvested into.... on 15:12 - Jan 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/jan/16/free-money-avanti-west-coast-bo

This from the article is worth highlighting when considering the rail operators' parsimony regarding the pay of train drivers, who haven't had a pay increase since 2019.

Avanti West Coast managers joked about receiving “free money” from government and performance-related payments being “too good to be true” in an internal presentation at the notoriously unreliable train operator, it has emerged.

One slide, entitled “Roll up, roll-up get your free money here!” described how the Treasury and Department for Transport supported the firm with taxpayers’ money, provided third-party suppliers and inspections, and then paid Avanti fees on top.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024