Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC related really random things you remember 23:06 - Jan 12 with 2574 viewsgainsboroughblue

1. The referee who postponed our match at Hull in December 1989 due to a waterlogged pitch was A. Flood.

2. The Town mascot for our home game v Southampton, captained by Kevin Keegan, was a lad by the name of Kevin Keagan.

Any more for any more?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:09 - Jan 12 with 1992 viewsFrimleyBlue

In Jan 2023 we needed a striker to help us to promotion to the championship. We brought in hirst.

In Jan 2024 hirst is fked and we need a striker to get us promoted to the prem.

Footballs a fked sport ain't it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:13 - Jan 12 with 1974 viewsrgp1

Sat in the away end at Burnley when some bloke jumped out of an aeroplane and crashed through the roof!
ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:30 - Jan 12 with 1916 viewsZx1988

Tranmere having to wear ITFC training kit at Portman Road in the late 90s, having not brought with them a non-clashing TRFC kit.

Simpler times, eh?!

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:32 - Jan 12 with 1910 viewsIllinoisblue

Alan Flood is impossible to forget as I was at Grantham services when it was called off. Went back, I think for the rearranged end of season game and we lost 3-4.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:38 - Jan 12 with 1892 viewsFixed_It

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:13 - Jan 12 by rgp1

Sat in the away end at Burnley when some bloke jumped out of an aeroplane and crashed through the roof!

Wasn't he meant to be delivering the match ball to the centre-circle?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:45 - Jan 12 with 1879 viewsgainsboroughblue

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:32 - Jan 12 by Illinoisblue

Alan Flood is impossible to forget as I was at Grantham services when it was called off. Went back, I think for the rearranged end of season game and we lost 3-4.

From memory, we literally used Grantham to turn around as we knew the game had gone about half an hour or so beforehand.

Good old Radio 5 (may even have been the old radio 2 back then) told us. No Twitter or Facebook rolling news!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:48 - Jan 12 with 1867 viewsDarkBrandon

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:30 - Jan 12 by Zx1988

Tranmere having to wear ITFC training kit at Portman Road in the late 90s, having not brought with them a non-clashing TRFC kit.

Simpler times, eh?!

Sure was. I remember that.

I also remember an away game (Millwall??) where for some reason John Walk was wearing blue socks and the rest of the team wore white.

I remember the chant “Walky, where are your white socks”
ITFC related really random things you remember on 00:13 - Jan 13 with 1805 viewsrgp1

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:38 - Jan 12 by Fixed_It

Wasn't he meant to be delivering the match ball to the centre-circle?

Yes he was and the kick off was delayed nearly an hour so the fire service could rescue him. 3-0 win on the opening day though. Trotter scored a couple.
Login to get fewer ads

ITFC related really random things you remember on 00:29 - Jan 13 with 1756 viewsEatonBlue

Referee from the 1960s/70s Maurice Fussey. He could run backwards really fast. Crowd loved him.
ITFC related really random things you remember on 00:52 - Jan 13 with 1704 viewsstonojnr

ITFC related really random things you remember on 23:30 - Jan 12 by Zx1988

Simpler times, eh?!

inspiring the "Youre not fit to wear our kit" chant iirc
ITFC related really random things you remember on 01:01 - Jan 13 with 1694 viewsGarv

When Danny Haynes fell into the photographer's pit just off the pitch at PR.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

ITFC related really random things you remember on 04:28 - Jan 13 with 1574 viewsFrankMarshall

Signing Toure and Coke right at the deadline day

Frank Marshall

ITFC related really random things you remember on 06:15 - Jan 13 with 1517 viewsEastTownBlue

ITFC related really random things you remember on 00:52 - Jan 13 by stonojnr

inspiring the "Youre not fit to wear our kit" chant iirc

Yes. It was the usual 0-0 draw against Tranmere.
ITFC related really random things you remember on 08:12 - Jan 13 with 1438 views_clive_baker_

I remember us playing Reading (I think) in the 90’s and they had about 8 debutants in the side. It wasn’t the opening day either, I’m pretty sure it was mid season and they had literally signed all these in the past few days and cobbled a team together. Unsurprisingly we best them pretty comfortably.
ITFC related really random things you remember on 08:17 - Jan 13 with 1419 viewsMenton

I remember a cat getting into the pitch versus I think Crewe c 1999?

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

ITFC related really random things you remember on 09:51 - Jan 13 with 1325 viewsKeno

Didn’t Colin Viljeon have a thing about not kicking a ball in the warm in case he got injured but then pull a hamstring or something doing his stretching exercises

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

ITFC related really random things you remember on 09:57 - Jan 13 with 1316 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

Doncaster away in the league cup, game was 1-1 after 90 minutes. Larsen Toure gave his shirt to a fan in the crowd, before having to ask for it back to play extra time.
ITFC related really random things you remember on 10:03 - Jan 13 with 1292 viewsbluesym

In the 80s,the old boy who used to walk round the perimeter ofc the pitch selling Golden Goal tickets

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

ITFC related really random things you remember on 10:05 - Jan 13 with 1284 viewsSharkey

More serious, sorry, but for some reason I remember the Anfield stewards applauding the Town fans for respecting the minute’s silence for Jamie Bulger, as if the respect wasn’t a given.
ITFC related really random things you remember on 10:05 - Jan 13 with 1275 viewshoppy

ITFC related really random things you remember on 08:17 - Jan 13 by Menton

I remember a cat getting into the pitch versus I think Crewe c 1999?

The original Tabby?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

ITFC related really random things you remember on 10:14 - Jan 13 with 1244 viewsChurchman

Those little blue electric cars by the side of the pitch (they were called Invacars)

The St John Ambulance guys. One was very small, one a lot bigger. Peril for the poor bloke on the stretcher

Letters for the half time scores at other games. Rarely right, often not bothered with.

The Opera singer belting out a few good tunes before the FA Cup Semi Final at Highbury

Snow covered pitch and an orange ball.

Those were the days.
ITFC related really random things you remember on 10:19 - Jan 13 with 1234 views_clive_baker_

ITFC related really random things you remember on 10:05 - Jan 13 by Sharkey

More serious, sorry, but for some reason I remember the Anfield stewards applauding the Town fans for respecting the minute’s silence for Jamie Bulger, as if the respect wasn’t a given.

Sadly, it probably wasn’t among some fans. Never ceases to amaze me the level of tw@t you see at football matches.

On a similar theme the standing ovation for Billy Sharp in 2011 when he put Doncaster 2-0 up at PR a few days after losing his baby. Choked me up a bit then and I didn’t have kids, think it would finish me off nowadays.
ITFC related really random things you remember on 10:32 - Jan 13 with 1200 viewspatrickswell

ITFC related really random things you remember on 10:19 - Jan 13 by _clive_baker_

Sadly, it probably wasn’t among some fans. Never ceases to amaze me the level of tw@t you see at football matches.

On a similar theme the standing ovation for Billy Sharp in 2011 when he put Doncaster 2-0 up at PR a few days after losing his baby. Choked me up a bit then and I didn’t have kids, think it would finish me off nowadays.

The applause inspired a belief among some fans that Sharp would sign for us one day, given that he was moved to thank the crowd for it in a post match interview.

37 years old and just moved to Hull City. If Evans still owned us, we’d probably be making enquiries about him this month.
[Post edited 13 Jan 11:00]
ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:03 - Jan 13 with 1138 viewsFBI

The insane game against Manchester United with our six goals, retaken penalties and, if I remember right, a hilarious Martin Buchan handball.

Allan Hunter having to change his ripped shorts on the pitch, mid match.

"Ipswich, Ipswich, you'll get a kick out of Ipswich, Ipswich..." on the tannoy.

The old boy who used to shout, "Play the whistle, Towen!" to collective bemusement behind the goal in Churchman's.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

ITFC related really random things you remember on 11:08 - Jan 13 with 1106 viewsSuperblue95

Adam McDonnell not being able to play for us for absolutely ages due to a ‘fifa red tape issue’ with Mick saying on occasions he’d have been in the squad for matches if he could pick him.

Then once he was finally eligible, never getting anywhere near a match day squad and being binned off to Aldershot.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024