Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? 16:03 - Jan 12 with 3130 viewsford6600

Can we finally salt out which of the 'Big 2' flavour crisps is TWTD'ers favourite. Let's assume Walkers crisps rather than get embroiled with Kettle etc.Which is your 'go to' at present? No sitting on the fence 'Ready Salted' or 'complicated' other flavours. Are you a Cheese & Onion or Salt & Vinegar person? A simple choice for some a difficult choice for others...
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 19:22 - Jan 12 with 1363 viewsChurchman

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 19:06 - Jan 12 by ford6600

Walkers Cheese and Onion have always come in a blue pack and Salt and Vinegar in green pack. Unlike some other brands which have them the other way round. The crisp packets are inflated with Nitrogen to exclude air and keep the crisps fresh. Also helps to prevent crushing by having a slightly pressurized bag. Nitrogen of course gives a satisfying pop when bag squeezed open..

Whatever happened to the crisp choice of my yoof Golden Wonder? They were the best! And S&V came in a blue bag, C&O in green. Ahhh, where did it all go wrong?
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 19:24 - Jan 12 with 1357 viewsWicklowBlue

Salt and Vinegar and thus ends the debate.
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 19:41 - Jan 12 with 1340 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 19:24 - Jan 12 by WicklowBlue

Salt and Vinegar and thus ends the debate.

Cheese and Onion and so the debate starts again.
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 19:45 - Jan 12 with 1328 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes.

(It’s pickled onion by the way)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 19:46 - Jan 12 with 1328 viewsMK1

Cheese and Onion out of those 2.
Smokey Bacon is obviously the best flavored crisp though.
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 22:26 - Jan 12 with 1290 viewshoppy

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 16:23 - Jan 12 by homer_123

Incorrect Hoppy, Brannigans Beef & Mustard...or at least they were.....

They were indeed a king amongst crisps. I also quite liked the smoked ham and pickle flavour too, even the roast lamb and mint I had a strange liking for.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 22:32 - Jan 12 with 1283 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No ifs no buts ceasefire now.....

...oh cheese and onion. This voting business is easy!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 22:51 - Jan 12 with 1261 viewsBLUEBEAT

S&V is an Anglo Saxon conception and as such, we should live and die by the sharpest of crisp swordery.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Login to get fewer ads

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 23:12 - Jan 12 with 1253 viewsgainsboroughblue

I always felt Cheese and Onion would notice too much on the breath if you were at the pub on/before a night out and started chatting to somebody of the opposite sex you were attempting to go home with. Obviously, this didn't prevent me from drinking lager and brandy chasers and smoking 20 Marlboro.

I'm going to say Salt n Vinegar. I love a good salt hit. It's why I'm always happy to see Discos in the Tesco meal deal.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 00:01 - Jan 13 with 1233 viewsChurchman

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 22:51 - Jan 12 by BLUEBEAT

S&V is an Anglo Saxon conception and as such, we should live and die by the sharpest of crisp swordery.

Can’t argue with that. And talking of the Anglo Saxons, I gather they found a bag of unopened Walkers Salt & Vinegar in with the Sutton Hoo burial. Raedwald often enjoyed a bag of those before a bit of pillage and plunder.

I also gather the missing bit of the Bayeux Tapestry contained a scene of Harold’s mob being tempted off the hill at Hastings by a family bag of said S&V. Ahh, if only those sneaky Normans had brought Walkers plain or those rubbish vege things instead. The whole history of England would have changed…..
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 00:40 - Jan 13 with 1223 viewsredrickstuhaart

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 19:06 - Jan 12 by ford6600

Walkers Cheese and Onion have always come in a blue pack and Salt and Vinegar in green pack. Unlike some other brands which have them the other way round. The crisp packets are inflated with Nitrogen to exclude air and keep the crisps fresh. Also helps to prevent crushing by having a slightly pressurized bag. Nitrogen of course gives a satisfying pop when bag squeezed open..

They tried to be clever and change the colours when they took over the other original proper crisp makers.

Hate them for it. Salted dark blue. Salt and vinegar light blue. Cheese and onion green. Simple.

Long live Smiths, KP et al.
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 08:50 - Jan 13 with 1178 viewsVegtablue

Walkers crisps are bad except for Paprika Max

A better crisp and S&V if that's the menu please.
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 09:02 - Jan 13 with 1166 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

If cheese and onion is all that's left from the multipack, I won't complain, but if I'm taking my pick then salt and vinegar wins every time.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 09:47 - Jan 13 with 1145 viewsford6600

Crisp packets can take 70 to 80 years to degrade!
Last year during a litter pick in Kesgrave a 1968 packet of Golden Wonder chicken flavour crisps (6d) was found under a tree. No, not with crisps still in situ..Just think if you don't recycle your crisp bag it will outlive you.
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 10:16 - Jan 13 with 1125 viewsChurchman

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 09:47 - Jan 13 by ford6600

Crisp packets can take 70 to 80 years to degrade!
Last year during a litter pick in Kesgrave a 1968 packet of Golden Wonder chicken flavour crisps (6d) was found under a tree. No, not with crisps still in situ..Just think if you don't recycle your crisp bag it will outlive you.

Not if you eat the bag. Perhaps it’s the secret of a long life
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 11:45 - Jan 13 with 1101 viewsDJR

I used to be Salt & Vinegar but for the last 20 or so years have been Cheese & Onion.
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 11:54 - Jan 13 with 1093 viewsford6600

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 10:16 - Jan 13 by Churchman

Not if you eat the bag. Perhaps it’s the secret of a long life

"Pint please and packet of Cheese and Onion, bin the crisps, just eating the bag, cheers".
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 12:24 - Jan 13 with 1079 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 11:54 - Jan 13 by ford6600

"Pint please and packet of Cheese and Onion, bin the crisps, just eating the bag, cheers".

Of course the correct order is, "Pint of best bitter please. Oh and a packet of chesse and onion crisps. Pop a pickled egg in those crisps would you?"

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 13:30 - Jan 13 with 1049 viewsquirkie

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 16:23 - Jan 12 by homer_123

Incorrect Hoppy, Brannigans Beef & Mustard...or at least they were.....

Absolutely, sadly Brannigans have been discontinued.

Was also partial to their Ham & Pickle, and Lamb & Mint flavours too, but the Roast Beef & Mustard where by far the best flavour crisp ever.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 13:51 - Jan 13 with 1043 viewsNutkins_Return

Cheese and Onion. (After Ready Salted).
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 13:55 - Jan 13 with 1043 viewsTrequartista

Half and half scarf for me.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 22:40 - Jan 14 with 949 viewsford6600

Town supporters when it comes to choosing between Cheese & Onion or Salt & Vinegar crisps have chosen
CHEESE & ONION as their 'go to' favourite flavour.
58% chose Cheese & Onion, 42% chose Salt & Vinegar.This concludes this thread, enjoy a packet of C & O with your next pint and perhaps pop a pickled egg into the pack to...cheers
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 00:25 - Jan 15 with 924 viewsChurchman

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 22:40 - Jan 14 by ford6600

Town supporters when it comes to choosing between Cheese & Onion or Salt & Vinegar crisps have chosen
CHEESE & ONION as their 'go to' favourite flavour.
58% chose Cheese & Onion, 42% chose Salt & Vinegar.This concludes this thread, enjoy a packet of C & O with your next pint and perhaps pop a pickled egg into the pack to...cheers

I am disappointed. But as a democrat I’ll live with the result.

As it goes I like C&O nearly as much so the hardship isn’t a great one.
Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 10:48 - Jan 15 with 869 viewsleitrimblue

Cheese & Onion? or Salt & Vinegar? on 00:01 - Jan 13 by Churchman

Can’t argue with that. And talking of the Anglo Saxons, I gather they found a bag of unopened Walkers Salt & Vinegar in with the Sutton Hoo burial. Raedwald often enjoyed a bag of those before a bit of pillage and plunder.

I also gather the missing bit of the Bayeux Tapestry contained a scene of Harold’s mob being tempted off the hill at Hastings by a family bag of said S&V. Ahh, if only those sneaky Normans had brought Walkers plain or those rubbish vege things instead. The whole history of England would have changed…..

Though a pack of Cheese and Onion Tayto have recently been discovered during excavations under newgrange.
Apparently they still tasted excellent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024