Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing 13:56 - Jan 9 with 11738 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

rumours and the like.

I’ve never known so little ‘official’ rumour.

For the greater good I know so fair play, but we all like a little nibble on some ‘def info’ just to pass the time 🕰️

Poll: Is Billm….

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 13:58 - Jan 9 with 6746 viewsZx1988

Def info, you say?

Water is wet - def info.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:07 - Jan 9 with 6615 viewsemergencylime

Is Maria Flores banned from ITFC pressers for leaking that photo of Jezza (being intervied in a Town top) an hour before ITFC
[Post edited 9 Jan 14:07]

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:11 - Jan 9 with 6549 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I kind of hope they start throwing out some fake news just to unsettle other teams and throw people off the scent.

“Town in advanced talks regarding a move for Che Adams”
“talks regarding Bamford loan switch progressing well”
I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:14 - Jan 9 with 6498 viewschicoazul

In what way is lack of speculation for “the greater good”? It’s all very well at the moment while things are going beautifully but this perceived muzzling of the local press is not a good thing really.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:19 - Jan 9 with 6419 viewsFrimleyBlue

Still don't like the gagging of local press tbh.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:22 - Jan 9 with 6403 viewsnrb1985

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:14 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

In what way is lack of speculation for “the greater good”? It’s all very well at the moment while things are going beautifully but this perceived muzzling of the local press is not a good thing really.

Sort of agree with this, benefits Ashton and the club but doesn't really help the local press or media whose lifeblood is generating clicks etc.

However, you could easily make the argument that we have a higher probability of getting signings over the line if they aren't leaked, which hopefully leads to more on field success which then benefits everyone including TWTD, EADT etc etc.
I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:38 - Jan 9 with 6214 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:22 - Jan 9 by nrb1985

Sort of agree with this, benefits Ashton and the club but doesn't really help the local press or media whose lifeblood is generating clicks etc.

However, you could easily make the argument that we have a higher probability of getting signings over the line if they aren't leaked, which hopefully leads to more on field success which then benefits everyone including TWTD, EADT etc etc.

Pretty sure the press will be promised exclusives, scoops and interviews for keeping schtum on things which should balance out and make up for any lost clicks!
I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:39 - Jan 9 with 6190 viewsBlueBadger

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:19 - Jan 9 by FrimleyBlue

How do you feel about a greater level of professionalism at the club that means rumours and leaks are a lot more well controlled and not allowed to influence transfer negotiations?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:39 - Jan 9 with 6191 viewsNeedhamChris

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:22 - Jan 9 by nrb1985

Ignoring the issue itself as has been well debated previously - I think your second paragraph is based on a flawed assumption.

I doubt Phil/Gav would necessarily want to share - but I'd be shocked if engagement with forum/news comments was not higher after a defeat than a win. Same with when things are going badly - attendances at the ground fell off a cliff but I'm not sure engagement with TWTD and others would have suffered that.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:43 - Jan 9 with 6149 views_clive_baker_

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:19 - Jan 9 by FrimleyBlue

Ever thought about getting a job at EADT?

Asking for a friend.
I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:47 - Jan 9 with 6049 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:14 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

If it stops other clubs knowing our business and transfer deals falling through, then it's 100% a good thing.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:47 - Jan 9 with 6049 viewsNeedhamChris

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:39 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

How do you feel about a greater level of professionalism at the club that means rumours and leaks are a lot more well controlled and not allowed to influence transfer negotiations?

Irrespective of views on the issue...if the rumours/leaks were no longer an issue, there wouldn't be a debate about whether journos should publish them.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:47 - Jan 9 with 6045 viewsIllinoisblue

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:43 - Jan 9 by _clive_baker_

Ever thought about getting a job at EADT?

Asking for a friend.

Does anyone recall that fan column in the Green Un, around the early 00s? Don’t remember the name of who wrote it - and apologies if they post on here - but it was one of worst columns in the history of publishing. Never really got beyond “me and my mates went to the game and I reckon, right” analysis.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:47 - Jan 9 with 6056 viewsNthQldITFC

It's not like it's information that needs to be out there for the public good is it? It's sensitive information which does everybody who has an interest in it (ITFC fans) more good by it staying under wraps to protect the interests of the club.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:49 - Jan 9 with 5976 viewsBlueBadger

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:47 - Jan 9 by NeedhamChris

Irrespective of views on the issue...if the rumours/leaks were no longer an issue, there wouldn't be a debate about whether journos should publish them.

No-one outside the club are actually saying they shouldn't are they?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:50 - Jan 9 with 5979 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:47 - Jan 9 by NthQldITFC

It's not like it's information that needs to be out there for the public good is it? It's sensitive information which does everybody who has an interest in it (ITFC fans) more good by it staying under wraps to protect the interests of the club.

Frimmers is the king of shooting himself in the foot, though.

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:54 - Jan 9 with 5929 viewsSitfcB

“The gagging of the local press”

Town Closing in On Loan Signing of Blackburn Skipper Travis 5th Jan 2024 09:21
TWTD understands Town are in advanced talks regarding the loan signing of Blackburn Rovers captain Lewis Travis with the deal expected to be confirmed today. 67

Brighton Winger Sarmiento Set For Town Loan 2nd Jan 2024 10:26
Brighton winger Jeremy Sarmiento is set to join the Blues on loan having been recalled from a loan spell at West Brom, according to a report in Ecuador which TWTD can confirm. 70

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 15:03 - Jan 9 with 5791 viewsFrimleyBlue

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:54 - Jan 9 by SitfcB

“The gagging of the local press”

Town Closing in On Loan Signing of Blackburn Skipper Travis 5th Jan 2024 09:21
TWTD understands Town are in advanced talks regarding the loan signing of Blackburn Rovers captain Lewis Travis with the deal expected to be confirmed today. 67

Brighton Winger Sarmiento Set For Town Loan 2nd Jan 2024 10:26
Brighton winger Jeremy Sarmiento is set to join the Blues on loan having been recalled from a loan spell at West Brom, according to a report in Ecuador which TWTD can confirm. 70

2 stories about players who joined that day. Not close to allowing press freedom. If a random guy on a ship can tell me about the signing of sarmiento. There's no way the local press didn't know.

Anyway. I get the benefits of it. And as a town fan I agree with it to a point. But I'm also a supporter of local journos and I feel its not right to stop them.

Waka waka eh eh

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 15:04 - Jan 9 with 5791 viewsDarkBrandon

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 15:03 - Jan 9 by FrimleyBlue

2 stories about players who joined that day. Not close to allowing press freedom. If a random guy on a ship can tell me about the signing of sarmiento. There's no way the local press didn't know.

Anyway. I get the benefits of it. And as a town fan I agree with it to a point. But I'm also a supporter of local journos and I feel its not right to stop them.

They aren’t stopping them though, are they?
I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 15:08 - Jan 9 with 5738 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 15:03 - Jan 9 by FrimleyBlue

Would you be happy with a local journo releasing news early and it scuppering the deal?

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 15:10 - Jan 9 with 5702 viewsSitfcB

I prefer the way it’s done now and we don’t get wind of deals early as they’re usually long and drawn out sometimes.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 15:15 - Jan 9 with 5636 viewsJon_456

No one is stopping them from doing anything.

TWTD and EADT are free to publish whatever stories they like. However if they’ve agreed on a certain arrangement with the club then that’s up to them.

You also have the freedom to create your own platform to post your drivel on if you’re that against ‘stopping journalism’
I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 15:26 - Jan 9 with 5383 viewsnrb1985

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:39 - Jan 9 by NeedhamChris

Ignoring the issue itself as has been well debated previously - I think your second paragraph is based on a flawed assumption.

I doubt Phil/Gav would necessarily want to share - but I'd be shocked if engagement with forum/news comments was not higher after a defeat than a win. Same with when things are going badly - attendances at the ground fell off a cliff but I'm not sure engagement with TWTD and others would have suffered that.

That's definitely true and well documented about Arsenal Fan TV, can you extrapolate that to a much smaller club though like us?

Arsenal fans rage mostly came from a sense of entitlement that they should be winning leagues, ticket prices were the highest in the league and that the current crop weren't up to much compared to Petit, Vieira, Henry et al.

Not sure that was ever the mindset here, was just total apathy tbh - I certainly wasn't as engaged and I certainly wasn't excitedly looking forward to BM and KOA podcasts. I would have a guess that engagement, downloads and traffic have all gone up in that respect.
I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 16:25 - Jan 9 with 4954 viewsBlueBadger

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 14:50 - Jan 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Frimmers is the king of shooting himself in the foot, though.

Strictly speaking, Frimmers is the king of sh1tting his own pants then blaming ITFC for it.

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 16:54 - Jan 9 with 4738 viewsFrimleyBlue

I must say, the local press are doing well biting their lip on publishing on 15:08 - Jan 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Would you be happy with a local journo releasing news early and it scuppering the deal?

I don't really agree that they do lead to deals being scuppered.

With the volume of Football insiders etc, a deal imo won't be scuppered because a club saw a news story in local media. I personally feel Ashton came up with that to cover the failures of some attempts.. if I'm wrong I apologise... but I can't remember any previous chairman. Ceo or any other member of the club bemoaning media stories for scuppering transfers.. if a club jumps in to grab a player from our grasps. Its because they've found out themselves, not through local media. It's too easy within football to know what's happening and where.

But... as said as a town fan and ignoring my beliefs, then of course I'll support what they decide to do.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024