Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More sky games to be announced tomorrow 12:40 - Jan 4 with 3532 viewsStevieH

https://efl.com/how-to-watch/tv-game-selection-process
More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 12:43 - Jan 4 with 3080 viewsTractorCam

Thanks for this, I feel like the club should now announce these even if we don't have any selected.

"Confirmed kick off times for Rotherham and Preston" even if they are just 3pm Saturdays for example. Be helpful for booking things.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 12:46 - Jan 4 with 3051 viewsSitfcB

Or later today

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 12:49 - Jan 4 with 3015 viewsZx1988

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 12:43 - Jan 4 by TractorCam

Thanks for this, I feel like the club should now announce these even if we don't have any selected.

"Confirmed kick off times for Rotherham and Preston" even if they are just 3pm Saturdays for example. Be helpful for booking things.

That's where the German system works so well (or not, depending on your point of view).

When the fixture list is released, it only states that the match will be played on a particular matchday.

As the season progresses, blocks of 6/8 games become scheduled, with the schedule being confirmed about six weeks before the first game, and the dates/times being set in conjunction with broadcasters and other influencing factors such as cup competitions.

That way, once a date/time for a game has been set, it doesn't then get moved again for TV.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 13:14 - Jan 4 with 2840 viewsSaleAway

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 12:43 - Jan 4 by TractorCam

Rotherham is dependent on whether or not we win on saturday, as its FA CUp 4th round weekend, which is, I presume why they haven't announced tickets for sale.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 13:20 - Jan 4 with 2795 viewsibbleobble

FK Sky games. I hope they never televise us again. What about a fan base whip around to cover the revenue to not be on Sky? They’re a curse.
More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 13:22 - Jan 4 with 2774 viewspointofblue

Not sure if any of the games between 10th and 24th February being tempting to television. Maybe West Brom at home but the aired the away game.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 13:29 - Jan 4 with 2713 viewshoppy

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 13:20 - Jan 4 by ibbleobble

FK Sky games. I hope they never televise us again. What about a fan base whip around to cover the revenue to not be on Sky? They’re a curse.

A curse? You still think so?

Town on TV thread by hoppy 28 Dec 2023 12:31
Update... in our last 11 TV matches, we've had 6 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats.

https://thefullerflavour.files.wordpress.com/2023/12/itfc-live-on-tv-5.pdf

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 14:54 - Jan 4 with 2361 viewsIllinoisblue

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 13:20 - Jan 4 by ibbleobble

We have rather embarrassed ourselves at times this season on the telly. Time for us to fly under the radar again

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 15:35 - Jan 4 with 2230 viewsITFC_Forever

Other than the WBA game, there doesn't look like anything interesting to show involving us until the Southampton game on 1st April.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 15:37 - Jan 4 with 2191 viewsblueasfook

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 14:54 - Jan 4 by Illinoisblue

We have rather embarrassed ourselves at times this season on the telly. Time for us to fly under the radar again

I saw you crying on the telly. Crying on the teeeeeeelly. Saw you crying on the telly

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 2024 viewsSitfcB

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/january/04/baggies-clash-and-millwall-trip-sele

West Brom at home now a 12:30KO

Millwall away now 8pm.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 17:32 - Jan 4 with 1956 viewsMattinLondon

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 17:07 - Jan 4 by SitfcB

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/january/04/baggies-clash-and-millwall-trip-sele

West Brom at home now a 12:30KO

Millwall away now 8pm.

If the dump that is Bermondsey wasn’t bad enough to visit - it’s now going to be at night time with their crybaby supporters banging on that nobody likes them.
More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 18:01 - Jan 4 with 1870 viewshoppy

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 17:32 - Jan 4 by MattinLondon

If the dump that is Bermondsey wasn’t bad enough to visit - it’s now going to be at night time with their crybaby supporters banging on that nobody likes them.

It's only moved back by 15 minutes from the original scheduled time.

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 21:01 - Jan 4 with 1727 viewsibbleobble

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 13:29 - Jan 4 by hoppy

A curse? You still think so?

Town on TV thread by hoppy 28 Dec 2023 12:31
Update... in our last 11 TV matches, we've had 6 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats.

https://thefullerflavour.files.wordpress.com/2023/12/itfc-live-on-tv-5.pdf

10 wins in 50 games? No matter the up turn, yes.
More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 22:29 - Jan 4 with 1661 viewshoppy

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 21:01 - Jan 4 by ibbleobble

10 wins in 50 games? No matter the up turn, yes.

Shame your glass looks quite empty, had you noticed?

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 06:45 - Jan 5 with 1532 viewsibbleobble

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 22:29 - Jan 4 by hoppy

Shame your glass looks quite empty, had you noticed?

Wasn’t the point about how we have historically faired on Sky not just since McKenna took over? Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism, just a historical data fact check going back long enough not to have bias based on just recent history alone.
[Post edited 5 Jan 7:17]
More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 07:21 - Jan 5 with 1497 viewshoppy

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 06:45 - Jan 5 by ibbleobble

Wasn’t the point about how we have historically faired on Sky not just since McKenna took over? Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism, just a historical data fact check going back long enough not to have bias based on just recent history alone.

Your point , if I read it correctly, was that ‘they’re a curse.’

I simply pointed out that in our last 11 TV matches, we've had 6 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats, which doesn’t sound like there’s much of a curse there. Just facts. Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism either.

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 07:25 - Jan 5 with 1482 viewsBuhrer

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 06:45 - Jan 5 by ibbleobble

Wasn't his point that it's improved recently, so to try to be positive rather than pessimistic, based on that. You disagree. I don't, because how can there be such a thing as a sky hoodoo? Taking a time frame for mckenna/this squad makes sense to me. How do they cope playing on sky. Better than previous teams. Perspectives.
More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 07:42 - Jan 5 with 1458 viewstextbackup

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 17:32 - Jan 4 by MattinLondon

Says the cry baby that’s crying over a 15min difference in KO time

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 08:34 - Jan 5 with 1401 viewsibbleobble

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 07:21 - Jan 5 by hoppy

Your point , if I read it correctly, was that ‘they’re a curse.’

I simply pointed out that in our last 11 TV matches, we've had 6 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats, which doesn’t sound like there’s much of a curse there. Just facts. Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism either.

Why are you only looking at the last 10 games to frame your debate when the history of Sky is infinitely longer? Kind of defeats the point of the discussion.
More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 08:36 - Jan 5 with 1398 viewsibbleobble

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 07:25 - Jan 5 by Buhrer

Wasn't his point that it's improved recently, so to try to be positive rather than pessimistic, based on that. You disagree. I don't, because how can there be such a thing as a sky hoodoo? Taking a time frame for mckenna/this squad makes sense to me. How do they cope playing on sky. Better than previous teams. Perspectives.

No, the point was about our history on Sky not whether we’ve won a few in recent times. I found equally say we’ve only won one of five to frame the debate in another way.
More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 08:55 - Jan 5 with 1348 viewshoppy

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 08:34 - Jan 5 by ibbleobble

Why are you only looking at the last 10 games to frame your debate when the history of Sky is infinitely longer? Kind of defeats the point of the discussion.

So, we’re still under some kind of absurd ‘curse’ despite winning 6 and only losing 2 of the last 11, are we? Should we still have the same squad and lineup that we used in 1996, for example, or do you think perhaps a more recent look at things might actually be relevant?

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 10:33 - Jan 5 with 1268 viewsibbleobble

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 08:55 - Jan 5 by hoppy

So, we’re still under some kind of absurd ‘curse’ despite winning 6 and only losing 2 of the last 11, are we? Should we still have the same squad and lineup that we used in 1996, for example, or do you think perhaps a more recent look at things might actually be relevant?

Forget it. Sky games aren’t just McKenna, they’re historic, that was my point. Historically in the last 50 games we’ve had a win ratio of 20% as a club which is far worse than any manager’s average win ratio (bar Hurst). That was the point but if you just want to focus on the near term, all good but it wasn’t the point made.
More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 11:54 - Jan 5 with 1222 viewshoppy

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 10:33 - Jan 5 by ibbleobble

Forget it. Sky games aren’t just McKenna, they’re historic, that was my point. Historically in the last 50 games we’ve had a win ratio of 20% as a club which is far worse than any manager’s average win ratio (bar Hurst). That was the point but if you just want to focus on the near term, all good but it wasn’t the point made.

"What about a fan base whip around to cover the revenue to not be on Sky? They’re a curse."

How much revenue would we need to cover? It will have been a lot less money in the earlier days than it is currently, so where do we start?

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 18:33 - Jan 5 with 1099 viewsibbleobble

More sky games to be announced tomorrow on 11:54 - Jan 5 by hoppy

"What about a fan base whip around to cover the revenue to not be on Sky? They’re a curse."

How much revenue would we need to cover? It will have been a lot less money in the earlier days than it is currently, so where do we start?

😂

You really want to spin this out don’t you? Well, the simple answer is about 3 million, which is what we currently get, to the best of my knowledge. Why would it be any different than the present day value? Not sure you really thought that one through did you?
[Post edited 5 Jan 18:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024