Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarmiento.... 09:57 - Jan 2 with 3648 viewsITFCBlues

Being reported by EADT now as well...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24021649.jeremy-sarmiento-set-join-ipswich-town-loa

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Sarmiento.... on 10:05 - Jan 2 with 2985 viewsGuthrum

Give us even more pace down the left and comes match-ready for the Championship.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sarmiento.... on 10:07 - Jan 2 with 2948 viewsKieran_Knows

He's magic, you knowwwwww, Jeremy Sarmiento.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sarmiento.... on 10:07 - Jan 2 with 2912 viewsitfcsuth

Lovely footballer, excited for this one.

Can operate anywhere behind the no.9.
We should sign him…. on 10:08 - Jan 2 with 2882 viewsBloots

Sarmiento.... on 10:07 - Jan 2 by Kieran_Knows

….purely for the song.

It’s a yes from me.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Sarmiento.... on 10:11 - Jan 2 with 2805 viewsSomethingBlue

Lovely mover with the ball and ripped Arsenal apart in the Carabao at the Emirates last season. Wouldn't have been surprised to see him come back and get minutes at Brighton, he's far from being on the scrapheap there. Also by all accounts a mature & grounded lad. Would be well onboard with this one, think he would suit our style very well and much better than West Brom's, only question marks are over his durability and whether we'd really be able to offer enough starts.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sarmiento.... on 10:11 - Jan 2 with 2786 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Why would they recall him to send him on loan to a different Champs club (it’s not like West Brom are going badly). Is he not getting game time?

Don’t good me wrong - he’d be a great addition, just not sure what’s in it for Brighton (unless perhaps we are offering a bigger loan fee).
Our playing style is… on 10:13 - Jan 2 with 2697 viewsBloots

Sarmiento.... on 10:11 - Jan 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Why would they recall him to send him on loan to a different Champs club (it’s not like West Brom are going badly). Is he not getting game time?

Don’t good me wrong - he’d be a great addition, just not sure what’s in it for Brighton (unless perhaps we are offering a bigger loan fee).

….essentially “Brighton Lite”.

They probably think it’s better for his development to be playing for us.

Sarmiento.... on 10:14 - Jan 2 with 2665 views_clive_baker_

Money.
Login to get fewer ads

Sarmiento.... on 10:14 - Jan 2 with 2640 viewstractorboy1978

Playing in a team that plays the same style of football as them under a manager they obviously rate. And no doubt money probably comes into it too.
Sarmiento.... on 10:16 - Jan 2 with 2615 viewsParky

I fully trust McKenna to bring it the right men, but just concerned about loans. I think Phil has reported that Stansfield will be a loan too, I thought being in this position would have been an ideal time to sign permanent players and put us in a better position for next season, should we not go up.

If we don’t go up, all our loans go back and we’re back to square one again, looking for players. That said, McKenna must like Sarmiento, so I’m hoping it pays off!
According to the report…. on 10:19 - Jan 2 with 2509 viewsBloots

Sarmiento.... on 10:16 - Jan 2 by Parky

I fully trust McKenna to bring it the right men, but just concerned about loans. I think Phil has reported that Stansfield will be a loan too, I thought being in this position would have been an ideal time to sign permanent players and put us in a better position for next season, should we not go up.

If we don’t go up, all our loans go back and we’re back to square one again, looking for players. That said, McKenna must like Sarmiento, so I’m hoping it pays off!

….when we get promoted we will keep him for next season too.

So it’s basically an 18 month deal.

Not ideal, agreed, but better than a standard 6 month job.

Sarmiento.... on 10:19 - Jan 2 with 2507 viewsITFCBlues

And how much do you think players like Sarmiento and Stansfield would cost? 10m+ each?

Where do we get 20m+ to sign players like this whilst sticking to FFP?

The loan market is where sides like us will be able to get an edge - see Boro last season when they signed Archer on loan from Villa. Top prem loans will help push us on.

Sarmiento.... on 10:19 - Jan 2 with 2497 viewsgeg1992

Sadly, if we just relied on permanent players in this league, it will be difficult against the teams with parachute money.

Loans enable us to get a higher caliber of player than we could get on a permanent.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Sarmiento.... on 10:21 - Jan 2 with 2435 viewsSitfcB

Sarmiento.... on 10:07 - Jan 2 by Kieran_Knows

How are we pronouncing that in the Suffolk accent?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sarmiento.... on 10:23 - Jan 2 with 2379 viewsHelp

because EADT read the TWTD message boards
Sarmiento.... on 10:27 - Jan 2 with 2248 viewsemergencylime

Sarmiento.... on 10:21 - Jan 2 by SitfcB

How are we pronouncing that in the Suffolk accent?

Sarnamentoo

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Sarmiento.... on 10:31 - Jan 2 with 2156 viewsParky

Sarmiento.... on 10:19 - Jan 2 by ITFCBlues

And how much do you think players like Sarmiento and Stansfield would cost? 10m+ each?

Where do we get 20m+ to sign players like this whilst sticking to FFP?

The loan market is where sides like us will be able to get an edge - see Boro last season when they signed Archer on loan from Villa. Top prem loans will help push us on.

I’m not against loans as a whole to help us out, but thought our current position would have been a good opportunity to plan for next year, should we not go up.

Should we not go up, it’s likely that: Hutchinson, Williams, Sarmiento(*) & Stansfield(*) plus any more loans will all return in the Summer and we’re then back to square 1 looking to replace them.

Fingers crossed it’s not a problem and we go up and can sign them permanently.

(*) - Expected to sign on loan.
[Post edited 2 Jan 10:35]
Sarmiento.... on 10:34 - Jan 2 with 2102 viewsITFCBlues

Sarmiento.... on 10:31 - Jan 2 by Parky

I’m not against loans as a whole to help us out, but thought our current position would have been a good opportunity to plan for next year, should we not go up.

Should we not go up, it’s likely that: Hutchinson, Williams, Sarmiento(*) & Stansfield(*) plus any more loans will all return in the Summer and we’re then back to square 1 looking to replace them.

Fingers crossed it’s not a problem and we go up and can sign them permanently.

(*) - Expected to sign on loan.
[Post edited 2 Jan 10:35]

and i guess that's the risk you take. You either get in better quality players on loan with a view to really pushing towards the top 2 - or you sign players further down the pyramid with less quality and look towards a longer term plan.

For me, we're in such a great position - we really need to be pushing on and trying everything we can to get a top 2 spot.

Sarmiento.... on 10:37 - Jan 2 with 2028 views_clive_baker_

We only have Williams & Hutchinson currently to be fair, what with Scarlett going back to Spuds, and neither of them are starting regularly.

In principle I agree with you but there's certainly an opportunity to bring in 2 or 3 more on loan in this window I would say to bring it up to 4 or 5 loanees. They're much easier deals to do, ones we probably couldn't do financially otherwise, and I would think it's unlikely we'll ever see more than 3 starting in the same game when you consider the positions and profile of them.
Sarmiento.... on 10:38 - Jan 2 with 1994 viewstextbackup

As competition to push broadhead/Chaplin?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sarmiento.... on 10:40 - Jan 2 with 1943 viewsDJR

Someone posted a Spanish language Tweet which had this passage.

"El Brighton interrumpió el préstamo de Jeremy Sarmiento por los pocos minutos que ha tenido con el West Bromwich."

My Spanish interprets this as saying Brighton have terminated his loan because he hasn't had enough minutes at West Brom.

If we sign him, sufficient minutes may well be a condition, or perhaps they think he will just get better development with McKenna.
[Post edited 2 Jan 10:43]
Sarmiento.... on 10:42 - Jan 2 with 1902 viewsJakeITFC

Sarmiento.... on 10:38 - Jan 2 by textbackup

As competition to push broadhead/Chaplin?

Has to be - but seems to be more of a left sided winger than a number ten.
Sarmiento.... on 10:45 - Jan 2 with 1857 viewsPhilTWTD

There's a practical element to the situation in that FFP limits our ability to sign players on a permanent basis. Also, as Kieran said a week or so ago, we can get in better players via loans.

McKenna: This Will Be an Important Window 21st Dec 2023 15:38
Town boss Kieran McKenna has spoken about the club’s plans for the January transfer window. 9

Our playing style is… on 10:47 - Jan 2 with 1787 viewsGlasgowBlue

Our playing style is… on 10:13 - Jan 2 by Bloots

….essentially “Brighton Lite”.

They probably think it’s better for his development to be playing for us.

Letting their next manager work with their young players init.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sarmiento.... on 10:59 - Jan 2 with 1622 viewstractorboy1978

Sarmiento.... on 10:42 - Jan 2 by JakeITFC

Has to be - but seems to be more of a left sided winger than a number ten.

Could cover Leif possibly too? He essentially plays as a winger!

Edit - just seen he's right footed so maybe not.
[Post edited 2 Jan 11:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024