Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No idea what the second yellow was for 16:33 - Jan 1 with 2084 viewsTractorWood

Absolute gift. Hopefully we can win from here.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:35 - Jan 1 with 2009 viewsbluefunk

Said something to the ref didn’t he?
No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:37 - Jan 1 with 1933 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I sadly can’t see us scoring at all today.

I am hoping now I’ve said that we can score and I be derided for it, but we’re absolutely toothless up front.
No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:38 - Jan 1 with 1900 viewsTractorWood

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:37 - Jan 1 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I am hoping now I’ve said that we can score and I be derided for it, but we’re absolutely toothless up front.

Agree. This game could be played until valentine's day and there won't be a goal.

That said, I'm sure it will be a goal fest now.

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:41 - Jan 1 with 1849 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:38 - Jan 1 by TractorWood

Agree. This game could be played until valentine's day and there won't be a goal.

That said, I'm sure it will be a goal fest now.

We need some inspiration from someone!
No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:42 - Jan 1 with 1811 viewsbournemouthblue

TownTV seems to think he was asking for Chaplin to be booked and you can't do that any more

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:44 - Jan 1 with 1769 viewsWallingford_Boy

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:37 - Jan 1 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Jacko is off, our chances of scoring have improved somewhat.

RIP Sir Bobby

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:45 - Jan 1 with 1744 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:44 - Jan 1 by Wallingford_Boy

Jacko is off, our chances of scoring have improved somewhat.

Really?
No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:58 - Jan 1 with 1631 views_clive_baker_

Not a gift particularly. Perhaps in terms of us not losing the game but they’ve sat in completely for the final 20 minutes and killed the game.
Login to get fewer ads

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:00 - Jan 1 with 1582 viewsTractorWood

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:58 - Jan 1 by _clive_baker_

Not a gift particularly. Perhaps in terms of us not losing the game but they’ve sat in completely for the final 20 minutes and killed the game.

That's kind on us. We offered nothing in the last 20 against a dire 10 men Stoke. Absolutely no cutting edge.
[Post edited 1 Jan 17:00]

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:00 - Jan 1 with 1579 viewsHerbivore

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:58 - Jan 1 by _clive_baker_

Red card was terrible for us. We clearly don't do practice games playing against ten men because we're absolutely hopeless at it. Ref spent the rest of the match trying to level it up after the red as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:01 - Jan 1 with 1528 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:35 - Jan 1 by bluefunk

Must have done but looked surprised. I wonder if the ref misheard something he said.

It was difficult to break them down with 11 men and they just defended even more intensely with 10.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:02 - Jan 1 with 1513 viewsLankHenners

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:00 - Jan 1 by TractorWood

That's kind on us. We offered nothing in the last 20 against a dire 10 men Stoke. Absolutely no cutting edge.
[Post edited 1 Jan 17:00]

Slow when we needed to be quick and rushed when we needed to be patient. We got that final 20 completely wrong frustratingly.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:02 - Jan 1 with 1493 viewsHalifaxBlue

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:42 - Jan 1 by bournemouthblue

TownTV seems to think he was asking for Chaplin to be booked and you can't do that any more

This I reckon. You could literally see the referee say "sorry" to him as he sent him off, so it was obviously something he had no choice over.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 1469 views44_not_out

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:00 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

Red card was terrible for us. We clearly don't do practice games playing against ten men because we're absolutely hopeless at it. Ref spent the rest of the match trying to level it up after the red as well.

Oh, how come you get access to the training ground. Do you know someone?

Does K Mc ask for your advice?
No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:06 - Jan 1 with 1398 viewsWallingford_Boy

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:03 - Jan 1 by 44_not_out

Oh, how come you get access to the training ground. Do you know someone?

Does K Mc ask for your advice?

Anything Herbie says is fact, don’t ever question him!

RIP Sir Bobby

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:07 - Jan 1 with 1380 viewsHalifaxBlue

They just showed the replay, he clearly asks for a yellow. I think the ref even asked him if he did so before sending him off

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:26 - Jan 1 with 1265 views_clive_baker_

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:00 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

The way we managed that period was a bit perplexing to be honest. It’s hard when they park 10 men behind the ball and kill any momentum at every opportunity, but I thought we were a bit impatient. Humping hopeful balls into the box expecting Burns, Broadhead, Hutchinson to be winning aerial battles didn’t make much sense. A bit too predictable before Chaplin went off as well, trying to find him in half a yard of space at every opportunity. It felt a little rushed and without much thought. Morsy was out most creative player which tells you something.

Still, a point on the road, it’s hard to argue we deserved much more when you consider the lack of chances we created and their disallowed goal that looked marginal.

Matched Southampton, so not the worst day.
Definite second yellow; Stoke can have no complaints on 17:30 - Jan 1 with 1217 viewsunstableblue

Interesting to see how Schumacher responds
[Post edited 1 Jan 17:30]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Definite second yellow; Stoke can have no complaints on 18:10 - Jan 1 with 1097 viewsHalifaxBlue

Definite second yellow; Stoke can have no complaints on 17:30 - Jan 1 by unstableblue

Interesting to see how Schumacher responds
[Post edited 1 Jan 17:30]

Don't know how he did, but there's not really anything to respond to. It's not controversial, just stupid. Ref didn't want to do it but it's automatic.

No idea what the second yellow was for on 18:42 - Jan 1 with 1009 viewsCrawfordsboot

He very clearly waved an imaginary card at the ref. Madness - that’s an automatic card. I was sitting amongst the Stoke fans (I live locally) and even they were calling him dumb.

Also he was lucky not to get a straight red in the first half
No idea what the second yellow was for on 18:47 - Jan 1 with 984 viewspointofblue

No idea what the second yellow was for on 18:42 - Jan 1 by Crawfordsboot

He very clearly waved an imaginary card at the ref. Madness - that’s an automatic card. I was sitting amongst the Stoke fans (I live locally) and even they were calling him dumb.

Thank goodness he didn't get a straight red. The match would have been even worse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

No idea what the second yellow was for on 18:50 - Jan 1 with 961 viewsRadlett_blue

No idea what the second yellow was for on 17:02 - Jan 1 by HalifaxBlue

This I reckon. You could literally see the referee say "sorry" to him as he sent him off, so it was obviously something he had no choice over.

Referees always have a choice & why apologise to a player for enforcing the laws?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

No idea what the second yellow was for on 21:02 - Jan 1 with 839 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No idea what the second yellow was for on 18:42 - Jan 1 by Crawfordsboot

Schumacher's response was that he was unlucky as he didn't mean to accidentally wave an imaginary card (twice) but was simply throwing his hands up in frustration! He also added that the first booking was harsh!

Specsavers are offering him an appointment for this week.

No idea what the second yellow was for on 22:05 - Jan 1 with 761 viewsFreddies_Ears

No idea what the second yellow was for on 16:35 - Jan 1 by bluefunk

Put his hand up to indicate a yellow for (?) Chappers. That is itself a yellow card offence.
No idea what the second yellow was for on 22:09 - Jan 1 with 749 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No idea what the second yellow was for on 22:05 - Jan 1 by Freddies_Ears

Put his hand up to indicate a yellow for (?) Chappers. That is itself a yellow card offence.

Apparently did so twice and then confirmed to the ref that he had done it too!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024