Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight 22:46 - Dec 29 with 1752 viewsSitfcB

Probably the MOTM for me.

He’s obviously no Leif Davis and big shoes to fill but thought he put in a shift, some good balls into the box and neat and tidy passing most of the time.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:00 - Dec 29 with 1677 viewspointofblue

Thought he struggled in the first half, but that may have been down to McKenna instructing him to be defensive and protect the ball first and foremost to ease him into the position. Very good in the second half. Personally, think Woolfenden was man of the match.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:06 - Dec 29 with 1618 viewsGeoffSentence

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:00 - Dec 29 by pointofblue

Thought he struggled in the first half, but that may have been down to McKenna instructing him to be defensive and protect the ball first and foremost to ease him into the position. Very good in the second half. Personally, think Woolfenden was man of the match.

Woolfy for me too, the only one of our players who stood out tonight. Agree with your thoughts on Humpreys first half performance as well. We've been spoilt by three lungs Leif charging up and down that flank, so might have been a bit unfair to expect the same from Cam. Looked like he got forward a bit more second half though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:13 - Dec 29 with 1558 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:06 - Dec 29 by GeoffSentence

Woolfy for me too, the only one of our players who stood out tonight. Agree with your thoughts on Humpreys first half performance as well. We've been spoilt by three lungs Leif charging up and down that flank, so might have been a bit unfair to expect the same from Cam. Looked like he got forward a bit more second half though.

Harness gave absolutely everything tonight, as well as those two. They were the players who had something in the "Plus" Column, in my opinion.
Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:21 - Dec 29 with 1498 viewsITFC_Forever

Really???

I agree he put a 100% shift in, but he wasn’t that great in the first half. Improved in the second, but I’d put Woolfy and Burgess, and probably a couple of others ahead of him.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:41 - Dec 29 with 1376 viewsArnieM

MOTM on second half efforts definitely. But first half he barely crossed the half way line . We had no attacking outlet down the left at all in the first half.
Harness I thought did quite well on a very disappointing night. What the hell has happened to Williams??

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:47 - Dec 29 with 1332 viewsBloomBlue

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:00 - Dec 29 by pointofblue

To be fair to Humphreys nearly every ball played to him in that first half when he looked to break was played behind him, forced to run back towards our goal. MK obviously told the other players at half time, especially the midfield, to play the ball in front of Humphreys as that always helps when attacking.

But for me Wolf was MOTM
Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:49 - Dec 29 with 1309 viewsSitfcB

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:21 - Dec 29 by ITFC_Forever

Really???

I agree he put a 100% shift in, but he wasn’t that great in the first half. Improved in the second, but I’d put Woolfy and Burgess, and probably a couple of others ahead of him.

True, maybe the 2nd half performance blinded me seeing as he was right in front of me that half

Did say on the way home Woolfenden was very good, makes it look easy and always clam and collected.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 10:27 - Dec 30 with 1084 viewsDJR

I thought Humphreys was excellent in the second half, and to me he did have shades of Davis with some pinpoint crosses, and generally always finding his man.

As regards the first half, I agree about the ball often being passed behind him, but it also has to be remembered that he was playing at full back (not his usual position) in a team which struggled to gel given all the changes.

When it comes to MoM, I would put him second to Woolfy, who excelled in each half.
Login to get fewer ads

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 10:28 - Dec 30 with 1075 viewsDJR

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 23:49 - Dec 29 by SitfcB

True, maybe the 2nd half performance blinded me seeing as he was right in front of me that half

Did say on the way home Woolfenden was very good, makes it look easy and always clam and collected.

Not just calm and collected last night, but an increased physicality given the player he was up against.
Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 10:36 - Dec 30 with 1036 viewsSteve_M

Really???

I thought he grew into the game, started to be braver in the second half. First half he was much more cautious, understandable after so little football this year.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 10:45 - Dec 30 with 991 viewscbower

Really???

Strangely I thought Burgess was relatively poor. His distribution was really off at times. A 6/10 for me. Wolf was far and away our best player and Humphreys had a very decent game, especially 2nd half. He looked shot by the end.

bluescouser

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 10:47 - Dec 30 with 977 viewsnorfsufblue

CH is a very good footballer and given the circumstances he had a decent game and really stepped up second half..... however he is wasted at left back ..his eye for a pass was really what we needed in Central midfield last night and it's a shame we couldn't find a way to utilise him there.

Although a disappointing result we definitely would have found a way to lose that in previous years, Mark Ashton now has to do his bit and find KMs targets pdq to get us through what is going to be a tough start to this calender year.
Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 13:09 - Dec 30 with 852 viewsPilgrimblue

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 10:47 - Dec 30 by norfsufblue

CH is a very good footballer and given the circumstances he had a decent game and really stepped up second half..... however he is wasted at left back ..his eye for a pass was really what we needed in Central midfield last night and it's a shame we couldn't find a way to utilise him there.

Although a disappointing result we definitely would have found a way to lose that in previous years, Mark Ashton now has to do his bit and find KMs targets pdq to get us through what is going to be a tough start to this calender year.

He is and stood out as exiting player last seasons. He needs more games and will perhaps get more with cup coming up etc.
Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 13:12 - Dec 30 with 836 viewsPhilTWTD

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 10:47 - Dec 30 by norfsufblue

Kieron Dyer started playing him at left-back in the U23s a couple of years ago under Paul Cook as he thought it was the quickest route for him into the first team at that stage.
Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 13:35 - Dec 30 with 780 viewsGlasgowBlue

I don't think he was MOTM but he certainly grew into the game the longer it went on and started to make things happen in the last twenty.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 13:47 - Dec 30 with 716 viewsTonytown

Shout out to Cameron Humphreys tonight on 13:35 - Dec 30 by GlasgowBlue

I don't think he was MOTM but he certainly grew into the game the longer it went on and started to make things happen in the last twenty.

He’s one that should find his way onto the bench more often now he has shown the ability to cover a few positions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024