Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had 11:34 - Dec 27 with 3824 viewsTrequartista

But Harness not being sent off seems to have been swept under the carpet. His first yellow was soft, but the second was nailed on. Got away with one there.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:37 - Dec 27 with 2838 viewsHerbivore

They got some decisions in their favour too, think the decisions largely evened themselves out over the course of the game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:39 - Dec 27 with 2834 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

His 2nd foul was more ‘cardworthy’ than his 1st yellow. Definitely dodged one there..

As for the Penalty I think it would have been soft, I think he’s looking for it as he dangles his foot back anticipating the contact. Wouldn’t have argued if it was given as it would probably be given as a foul anywhere on the pitch.

I think that’s the difference between Champ & Prem, you get those in the Prem, especially with VAR but that said I still maintain the ball struck Coady’s hand in the 1st half. It was minimal & never a pen but in the Prem VAR would have looked at it & probably (and wrongly) suggested we get a penalty for it.. similar to Leif being clattered by Coady, not a Oen, but could see that given in the Prem
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:43 - Dec 27 with 2790 viewsTMWWNGAS

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:39 - Dec 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

His 2nd foul was more ‘cardworthy’ than his 1st yellow. Definitely dodged one there..

As for the Penalty I think it would have been soft, I think he’s looking for it as he dangles his foot back anticipating the contact. Wouldn’t have argued if it was given as it would probably be given as a foul anywhere on the pitch.

I think that’s the difference between Champ & Prem, you get those in the Prem, especially with VAR but that said I still maintain the ball struck Coady’s hand in the 1st half. It was minimal & never a pen but in the Prem VAR would have looked at it & probably (and wrongly) suggested we get a penalty for it.. similar to Leif being clattered by Coady, not a Oen, but could see that given in the Prem

I thought the same.. shows his awareness though as leif and chappers were both down and Leicester looking to break. The pace to get there and put the challenge in was fantastic though didn't look like he was ever looking to make a fair tackle which on a yellow is a hell of a risk.
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:44 - Dec 27 with 2783 viewsTrequartista

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:37 - Dec 27 by Herbivore

They got some decisions in their favour too, think the decisions largely evened themselves out over the course of the game.

Not any big decisions that i can remember. I always find it strange that when there are mistakes on big decisions that go against us there endless heat on the referee, but not much talk when they go in our favour. Applies to managers as much as fans i would add. It's no wonder referees are always thought of as nearly all rubbish rather than many being identified as good.

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:45 - Dec 27 with 2768 viewsEastTownBlue

That Harness second one was straight after appeals for fouls against Davis and Chaplin which probably helped his cause. Don't recall seeing replays for either of those other incidents.
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:47 - Dec 27 with 2739 viewsHerbivore

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:44 - Dec 27 by Trequartista

Not any big decisions that i can remember. I always find it strange that when there are mistakes on big decisions that go against us there endless heat on the referee, but not much talk when they go in our favour. Applies to managers as much as fans i would add. It's no wonder referees are always thought of as nearly all rubbish rather than many being identified as good.

Davis got wiped out in the box and nothing was given, I'd say that's a pretty big decision to be honest. I actually think our fans tend to overplay decisions that aren't given against us more than the ones we don't get. There's been loads of chat about Burgess on Dewsbury-Hall, as you yourself allude to yourself.

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:47 - Dec 27 with 2743 viewsPhilTWTD

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:39 - Dec 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Leif one looked a penalty from where I was, was a late and high challenge well after the ball had gone. If it had been in the centre circle it would have been a foul, I'm sure. Agree re the handball and their penalty claim. He was never going to get the ball and tried to make a lot out of Burgess stepping across him as he knew he was getting nowhere.
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:48 - Dec 27 with 2719 viewsTrequartista

Don't think it hit Coady's hand? He pulled it away and the ball hit his ribs i thought.

In real time for their penalty, i did think 50/50 and that Burgess was using his strength to shield the ball, but looked like a penalty on replay.

I agree with you about the difference in the application of the laws of the game between Premier League and Championship.

Login to get fewer ads

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:49 - Dec 27 with 2710 viewsFtnfwest

The ref appeared to be unsighted which is no doubt why we got away with it. KDH doing an extra swan/flop dive on the way down probably swayed it our way. It is one of those that the more you see it the more it doesn't look that bad but pretty sure it would have been given normally.
As for Harness, i missed the first one, but actually thought the second one he was making a genuine attempt to scoop the ball back. If it had been a deliberate trip then yes no question.
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:51 - Dec 27 with 2687 viewsSitfcB

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:47 - Dec 27 by PhilTWTD

Leif one looked a penalty from where I was, was a late and high challenge well after the ball had gone. If it had been in the centre circle it would have been a foul, I'm sure. Agree re the handball and their penalty claim. He was never going to get the ball and tried to make a lot out of Burgess stepping across him as he knew he was getting nowhere.

I admire that you’ve credited Morsy with the goal in your stories by the way

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:52 - Dec 27 with 2678 viewsRonFearonsHair

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:45 - Dec 27 by EastTownBlue

That Harness second one was straight after appeals for fouls against Davis and Chaplin which probably helped his cause. Don't recall seeing replays for either of those other incidents.

Agreed. I think Harness received leniency because the ref was not certain he had made the right call on the foul on Chaplin.
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:52 - Dec 27 with 2671 viewsSitfcB

Their penalty shout wasn’t as stonewall as I thought after watching it back, would’ve been a harsh award.

Don’t think Harness’ ‘second yellow’ challenge would’ve been worthy of a card, player was hit as he was at speed and that always make it look worse.

COYB

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:53 - Dec 27 with 2667 viewsPhilTWTD

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:51 - Dec 27 by SitfcB

I admire that you’ve credited Morsy with the goal in your stories by the way

Think he'll probably get it eventually, won't he? His original shot seemed to be on target even if it took two deflections. Not sure where they stand on two deflections in terms of crediting goals.
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:54 - Dec 27 with 2625 viewsHerbivore

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:53 - Dec 27 by PhilTWTD

Think he'll probably get it eventually, won't he? His original shot seemed to be on target even if it took two deflections. Not sure where they stand on two deflections in terms of crediting goals.

Would have flown in top bins without the deflections. He was robbed of a worldie, def info.

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:55 - Dec 27 with 2615 viewsTrequartista

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:47 - Dec 27 by Herbivore

Davis got wiped out in the box and nothing was given, I'd say that's a pretty big decision to be honest. I actually think our fans tend to overplay decisions that aren't given against us more than the ones we don't get. There's been loads of chat about Burgess on Dewsbury-Hall, as you yourself allude to yourself.

I don't remember the Davis one, but from what you and others say, will take it as being a big one that went against us.

I think there might be some fans who overplay decisions against us, perhaps those who are trying to make things fit their narratives about certain players, but i would disagree that they are in the majority. I think if, for example, the Harness incident was an opposition player, it would have been brought up a lot more.

Edit - from other posts i can see the Davis incident led directly to the Harness incident. I do remember thinking it was a foul (hence why i labelled Harness' challenge a red mist challenge) but didn't realise it was in the area.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 12:05]

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:56 - Dec 27 with 2609 viewsScuzzer

The reason is...the ref knew he got it wrong not blowing up for two fouls in quick succession on our defenders. So when the ball broke to them and Harness made that challenge, the ref knew he had better give him some slack. Refs are human after all?
Mind you...it's not been swept under the carpet by the LC fans...go onto the comments on the BBC match report and see.
Still if they want to rely on disputable ref decisions than actually playing sparkling attacking football that's fine.

Established 1968

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:58 - Dec 27 with 2561 viewsTrequartista

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:45 - Dec 27 by EastTownBlue

Yes, I think Harness got that quite common footballer red mist when fouls haven't been given, to just pile in as if to say "so fouling is alright now is it?"

I was thinking more the ref realised the first yellow was soft so didn't give the second.

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:59 - Dec 27 with 2558 viewsGeoffSentence

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:53 - Dec 27 by PhilTWTD

If justice prevails they will look at it closely and give him 2 points for a canon, as in billiards, and award us the win to boot

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:59 - Dec 27 with 2544 viewsSitfcB

I thought it was his goal, but that’s when I thought it was only one deflection from watching it live.

But as soon as I saw it back I understood why it was down as an OG

Absolute comedy goal really.

The initial deflection was taking it wide I think, until the head of Vestergaard diverted it in.

COYB

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 12:00 - Dec 27 with 2538 viewsbournemouthblue

It was getting to a stage where I thought we need to sub Harness, the ref was very pernickety

That said, the ref did hold back going for a second yellow, where others may have choked. You see it in the Prem sometimes where players get sent off for two absolute nothing fouls and it always looks pretty wrong.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 12:02 - Dec 27 with 2496 viewsNutkins_Return

It was a weird period of play. Ref got in the way with helped us in the middle. Then we attacked. Was Davis taken out in the area...he was never going to give us anything at that point. And then after that Harness made that challenge and I think the Ref just wanted a reset. Stupid by Harness but he was excellent otherwise. (He even then did another silly challenge after that but would have been soft.
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 12:03 - Dec 27 with 2503 viewsTrequartista

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:52 - Dec 27 by SitfcB

Their penalty shout wasn’t as stonewall as I thought after watching it back, would’ve been a harsh award.

Don’t think Harness’ ‘second yellow’ challenge would’ve been worthy of a card, player was hit as he was at speed and that always make it look worse.

Think you've got the blue tinted glasses on there if i may be so bold. And that's ok, that's traditionally how football support works.

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 12:03 - Dec 27 with 2488 viewsPhilTWTD

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:59 - Dec 27 by SitfcB

I thought it was his goal, but that’s when I thought it was only one deflection from watching it live.

But as soon as I saw it back I understood why it was down as an OG

Absolute comedy goal really.

The initial deflection was taking it wide I think, until the head of Vestergaard diverted it in.

But if it was on target initially, shouldn't it still be Morsy's goal? I don't know where they stand when there have been two deflections like that. I would guess if it had caught a defender and the keeper had then got a hand to it it would have gone down as Morsy's goal, so the same ought to apply if it was two outfield players.
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 12:04 - Dec 27 with 2465 viewsPhilTWTD

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:59 - Dec 27 by GeoffSentence

If justice prevails they will look at it closely and give him 2 points for a canon, as in billiards, and award us the win to boot

A cannon and an in-off!
sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 12:06 - Dec 27 with 2419 viewsPhilTWTD

sky made a lot of the penalty Leicester should have had on 11:47 - Dec 27 by PhilTWTD

Hadn't realised the Harness possible second booking incident was in the same passage of play, in fact hadn't seen it as that area of the field is obscured by analysts, TV cameras and stanchions from the press box. Probably should have been a yellow, but the ref probably felt he might have been a little harsh with the first yellow, which looked awkward more than malicious. Was luckier for the challenge soon afterwards which he could also have booked him for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024