Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside 15:05 - Dec 24 with 2427 viewsthatbdude

Currently 14° according to BBC weather. The only thing that seems wintery weather wise is the wind

Poll: Who going down?

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 15:43 - Dec 24 with 2073 viewsIllinoisblue

Agreed. Was in Colchester earlier. Windy as fook. Had a steak bake from Greggs so all is good.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:05 - Dec 24 with 2037 viewsSitfcB

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 15:43 - Dec 24 by Illinoisblue

Agreed. Was in Colchester earlier. Windy as fook. Had a steak bake from Greggs so all is good.

I’m enjoying your little back in Blighty updates, can we get a thread now and then, Warky style report

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:13 - Dec 24 with 2028 viewsIllinoisblue

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:05 - Dec 24 by SitfcB

I’m enjoying your little back in Blighty updates, can we get a thread now and then, Warky style report

It’ll just be me expressing disbelief at how much things cost. Example: was just looking at train fares. Lovely off peak day return travelcard. I recall that being about 20 quid not so long ago. FIFTY SIX QUID. And the joy of a bus between Witham and Billericay. Over 200 quid for a family of four. Amazing.

And I still can’t get over the 75 quid turkey crown. Game’s gone.

62 - 78 - 81

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:25 - Dec 24 with 1973 viewsgainsboroughblue

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:13 - Dec 24 by Illinoisblue

It’ll just be me expressing disbelief at how much things cost. Example: was just looking at train fares. Lovely off peak day return travelcard. I recall that being about 20 quid not so long ago. FIFTY SIX QUID. And the joy of a bus between Witham and Billericay. Over 200 quid for a family of four. Amazing.

Not to mention your bemusement at the addition of 'Hedgehog' to the Swan.

Did you venture out into the town last night?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:32 - Dec 24 with 1952 viewsKeno

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 15:43 - Dec 24 by Illinoisblue

Good luck trying to make Colchester feel Christmassy? You’ll struggle to find 3 wise men let alone a virgin

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:34 - Dec 24 with 1954 viewsIllinoisblue

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:25 - Dec 24 by gainsboroughblue

Not to mention your bemusement at the addition of 'Hedgehog' to the Swan.

Did you venture out into the town last night?

Quick pint in Mannings (liked the ITFC mural on the wall out back) then a few more in Arcade Tavern . Got chatting to some bloke who played American Football at uni in Loughborough. He wanted to chat in depth about NFL. Not gonna lie, don’t really care that much. Also talked to a French bloke - a debt collector for eon energy - and a guy who was ex military, now a teacher. All in all a good night.

Didn’t go in swan; some loud band playing, and there were a bunch of motorbike people in there.

62 - 78 - 81

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:47 - Dec 24 with 1898 viewsSitfcB

Can get a group save from Ipswich £29 each (ask to split at Colchester, don’t have to get off the train) then just tap debit cards for tubes and stuff that’s capped for the day, sometimes £8 or sometimes £13 depending on how many zones you go in.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:56 - Dec 24 with 1857 viewsIllinoisblue

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:47 - Dec 24 by SitfcB

Can get a group save from Ipswich £29 each (ask to split at Colchester, don’t have to get off the train) then just tap debit cards for tubes and stuff that’s capped for the day, sometimes £8 or sometimes £13 depending on how many zones you go in.

See, you’ve given me better information than the Trainline did. I’m sure their app said it gives the best split fares. Lying bastards

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 17:16 - Dec 24 with 1815 viewsle2blue

They’re gangsters, if you hold your nerve there are bargains to be had. Just got a turkey crown from M&S for £18, was reduced from £82. Train costs here are outrageous, I’ve been working in Germany for last few months and trains are insanely cheap.
It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 17:20 - Dec 24 with 1790 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:56 - Dec 24 by Illinoisblue

See, you’ve given me better information than the Trainline did. I’m sure their app said it gives the best split fares. Lying bastards

Ever feel like you've been mugged...Merry Christmas.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 17:29 - Dec 24 with 1734 viewsfactual_blue

The wind will be worse tomorrow. Mainly because of the over-consumption of sprouts.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 17:33 - Dec 24 with 1717 viewsRyorry

Definitely doesn’t feel like Christmas here - my Lab pup is right now having an endoscopy in vet hospital to try & retrieve 14 x12 inch micro fibre towel he took off radiator and ate overnight. Might need surgery if they can’t pull it out that way.

Signed - Emotional dog parent

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 17:59 - Dec 24 with 1649 viewsblueislander

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 17:33 - Dec 24 by Ryorry

Definitely doesn’t feel like Christmas here - my Lab pup is right now having an endoscopy in vet hospital to try & retrieve 14 x12 inch micro fibre towel he took off radiator and ate overnight. Might need surgery if they can’t pull it out that way.

Signed - Emotional dog parent

That’s not good. Typical lab;sh-t for brains, but lovely. Hope he’s OK.
It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 18:05 - Dec 24 with 1645 viewsMK1

I was in the Apple shop (the company, not a shop full of apples) earlier and I said to the woman who served me.
"Terrible weather outside"
She said "Snowing"
I said "Is it"
She said "Yes, English snow".

Made me chuckle anyway.
It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 18:09 - Dec 24 with 1630 viewsfactual_blue

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 17:59 - Dec 24 by blueislander

That’s not good. Typical lab;sh-t for brains, but lovely. Hope he’s OK.

You wouldn't get a cat doing something so daft.

I'm sure he'll pull through.

Hmmm....possibly not the right way to put things.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 18:17 - Dec 24 with 1604 viewsLord_Lucan

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 16:56 - Dec 24 by Illinoisblue

trip.com will split tickets automatically for you.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 18:20 - Dec 24 with 1600 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 18:17 - Dec 24 by Lord_Lucan

Merry Christmas Allan hope the hedge didn't die yet.

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 18:40 - Dec 24 with 1571 viewsLord_Lucan

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 18:20 - Dec 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Merry Christmas Allan hope the hedge didn't die yet.

Merry Christmas Stevie.

Everthing is hedgetastic.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 19:03 - Dec 24 with 1543 viewsstrikalite

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 18:40 - Dec 24 by Lord_Lucan

Merry Christmas Stevie.

Everthing is hedgetastic.

LL what was that site you put a link up for a few months ago for last minute train ticket bargains? Or unsold tickets I think..?
It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 20:07 - Dec 24 with 1483 viewsIllinoisblue

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 18:17 - Dec 24 by Lord_Lucan

Cheers, will check that out

62 - 78 - 81

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 20:39 - Dec 24 with 1435 viewslowhouseblue

this weather is unfestive. i can't run the wood burner low enough to avoid overheating the house. it's christmas and i want flames.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 21:17 - Dec 24 with 1352 viewsDubtractor

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 20:39 - Dec 24 by lowhouseblue

this weather is unfestive. i can't run the wood burner low enough to avoid overheating the house. it's christmas and i want flames.

We moved housed earlier in the year, and have a lovely log burner in the lounge. Like you, we thought it would be lovely spending Christmas in front of flames, but the balmy weather has spoiled it.

Thanks, global warming.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 21:40 - Dec 24 with 1297 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 21:17 - Dec 24 by Dubtractor

We moved housed earlier in the year, and have a lovely log burner in the lounge. Like you, we thought it would be lovely spending Christmas in front of flames, but the balmy weather has spoiled it.

Thanks, global warming.

But you will always have your ride on mower!

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 22:01 - Dec 24 with 1249 viewsDubtractor

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 21:40 - Dec 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

But you will always have your ride on mower!

It's a bit soft underfoot for that at the mo!

Merry Christmas to you 3 btw.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 22:01]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 22:32 - Dec 24 with 1211 viewsLord_Lucan

It really doesn't seem like Christmas outside on 19:03 - Dec 24 by strikalite

LL what was that site you put a link up for a few months ago for last minute train ticket bargains? Or unsold tickets I think..?

It was auctioning 1st class upgrades. I got one Peterborough to Edinburgh for £20

Don't think they cover Greater Anglia

Seatfrog

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024