Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? 13:20 - Dec 24 with 2152 viewsjasondozzell

So many to choose from and for so many different reasons.

Lots of obvious candidates in terms of the quality of the moves and finishes.

Chappers at Derby last season still my favourite. My favourite thing about it? Broady's little skip to adjust his footing so he can hit the crossfield ball quickly.

Also Hirst at Bolton. Tight game. First league goal. Shut up the bloke behind who was moaning. Started that run of supreme away performances.
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:23 - Dec 24 with 1768 viewsFrimleyBlue

Morsy away. Was it Fleetwood?

Town fans so far away. It flew in but took about 20 seconds before anyone celebrated.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:25 - Dec 24 with 1761 viewsBLUEBEAT

The one with about 100 passes beforehand.

Poll: W or W

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:28 - Dec 24 with 1750 viewsStu_boy

Hirst away to barnsley, the way he shrugged their defender off on the halfway line and powered through to make it 2 0, that was the moment I genuinely felt we were up
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:29 - Dec 24 with 1747 viewsChurchman

There’s a ridiculous number to choose from but I have to say the best goal for me was Burns’ v Coventry the other week takes some beating. Everything about it was exquisite.

The one I enjoyed the most? Probably Hirst’s v Barnsley. It was a real stake through the heart, game over, goodnight Vienna job.
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:36 - Dec 24 with 1718 viewsWhos_blue

Tough choice.

Chappers' against Derby away must be up there.

Counter attacking football at its very best.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:42 - Dec 24 with 1695 viewsjayessess

I think it's Hirst at Barnsley for most of us, but how about some under-appreciated ones?

This move to make it 1-0 in McKenna's 2nd game is pretty neat

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:44 - Dec 24 with 1691 viewsJimmy86

My top 3 are:-

1. Burns Vs Coventry, surely has to be a goal of the season contender!
2. Taylor Vs Wolves, absolute thunder bolt
3. Chaplin Vs Preston, the corner routine, hit true as you like on the bounce, great technique

Been so many to chose from! What a couple of years it's been under McKenna!
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:45 - Dec 24 with 1684 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Hirst at Barnsley for me - that’s when even the pessimist me knew we were going up.
Login to get fewer ads

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:46 - Dec 24 with 1680 viewsEastTownBlue

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:28 - Dec 24 by Stu_boy

Hirst away to barnsley, the way he shrugged their defender off on the halfway line and powered through to make it 2 0, that was the moment I genuinely felt we were up

Likewise. A special moment as the supporters had only just stopped celebrating the first goal. Although the first goal didn't quite have the "limbs" effect as it was a struggle to see what happened at the other end leading to a delayed cheer.
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:52 - Dec 24 with 1657 viewsJimmy86

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:46 - Dec 24 by EastTownBlue

Likewise. A special moment as the supporters had only just stopped celebrating the first goal. Although the first goal didn't quite have the "limbs" effect as it was a struggle to see what happened at the other end leading to a delayed cheer.

I'd go further and say that for me, his goal against Sunderland in our first game back in the championship was better than the goal against Barnsley... Put us 2 nil up away against a team who were playing at home in front of a big crowd, having finished in the playoffs last season.. question marks over whether he could do it at championship level too
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 14:49 - Dec 24 with 1592 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hirst at Barnsley.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 15:05 - Dec 24 with 1559 viewsGarv

Chaplin at Derby and Chaplin against Exeter to start the party.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 18:11 - Dec 24 with 1459 viewsford6600

Burns 'worldie', great build up and finish..

Chaplin at Derby great cross from Broadhead and neat header from Burns to set it up..

Hirst at Barnsley holding off defender then readjusting before blasting in shot...

Jackson screamer against Wolves..

Kyle Edward's wonder goal against Cambridge. l was
in Cobbold and had close up of this tremendous cross
which turned into fantastic goal in top left..his face told it all, he was shocked at the outcome..as we were.
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 18:44 - Dec 24 with 1428 viewsBluespeed225

Yes! That Broady adjustment, but also that Walton saw him going and started it before Derby could adjust.
Hirst at Bolton, another flowing break and superb finish,
Hirst at Barnsley, it’s on!
Broady x2 V Port Vale, pressure times of game.
Mass V Exeter, it’s done.
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 18:55 - Dec 24 with 1414 viewsRonFearonsHair

My picks have already been mentioned so my next highest is Ladapo’s first away at Port Vale. It was the first time I appreciated how good an attacking outlet Leif Davis was. It felt like I had waited so long to see an Ipswich player cross the ball like that.
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 20:50 - Dec 24 with 1333 viewsTractorgirlforever

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:36 - Dec 24 by Whos_blue

Tough choice.

Chappers' against Derby away must be up there.

Counter attacking football at its very best.

Absolutely agree
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 20:55 - Dec 24 with 1323 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

We've all heard the expression "Hobson's Choice" which is defined as "the choice of taking either that which is offered or nothing; the absence of a real alternative."

Perhaps we should have a term for a choice which is impossible to make because the options are far, far too numerous............. and maybe call it "Robson's Choice".

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 22:05 - Dec 24 with 1243 viewsStewart27

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:29 - Dec 24 by Churchman

There’s a ridiculous number to choose from but I have to say the best goal for me was Burns’ v Coventry the other week takes some beating. Everything about it was exquisite.

The one I enjoyed the most? Probably Hirst’s v Barnsley. It was a real stake through the heart, game over, goodnight Vienna job.

This x100

For the reasons you stated
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 22:16 - Dec 24 with 1231 viewsBigCommon

Most of my fav's have had a mention already... But there is one other goal from last season that is etched on the memory, alongside all of the others... Really simple old fashioned header from a set piece by Cam Burgess, away at Bolton to make it 0-2.. Strength, bravery, the will to power through and win the header and bullet it past the keeper.
At the time, it was a huge emotional pressure release for me, in what was a hard fought , tight game. And that victory gave us a lot of belief heading into the difficult home straight for promotion....
I really enjoyed that goal.
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 22:34 - Dec 24 with 1211 viewsGavTWTD

There's a lack of youtube footage to back these up so here's my favourite, the Chaplin goal.at Derby. 2 mins into this vid

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 22:43 - Dec 24 with 1179 viewsJ2BLUE

Burns vs Coventry

Hirst vs Barnsley

Broadhead vs Sheff Wed

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 22:55 - Dec 24 with 1151 viewsmarvellous

The two that stand out for me are the Chaplin goal vs Derby (for the same reasons as the OP) and the Taylor goal against Swansea because I there to witness it.

The Hirst vs Barnsley and the Burns vs Cov deserve a mention too.
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 00:17 - Dec 25 with 1089 viewsEpiphone

I agree with you jasondozell Chaplin’s against Derby was almost perfect football!
Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 10:59 - Dec 25 with 943 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Gotta be Chappers at Derby as I was there, and when that went in, we just knew we were gonna do it. Hirst at Barnsley - I didn't see it 1st hand, but what a goal that was. That was when we knew George was the centre forward we needed more than anyone else. Burns Trivela, well that was just showing off wasn't it.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 13:21]

Poll: would you rather

Xmas fun - what's your favourite goal under McKenna? on 13:16 - Dec 25 with 888 viewstractordownsouth

Technically our best goal is Chaplin's at Derby.

Emotionally, it's Hirst at Barnsley.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024