Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' 11:26 - Dec 13 with 2062 viewsBiGDonnie

What, since the start of the season?

B'end. He'll be sacked soon.

We really are getting under our oppositions skin aren't we, fans, players and managers alike. Long may it continue.

COYBs

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:29 - Dec 13 with 2021 viewsGavTWTD

I saw that and had the same reaction. Jealousy init.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:31 - Dec 13 with 2010 viewsMattinLondon

I don’t think he meant anything negative about that phrase at all. He complimented some of our play and acknowledged that they too had changes to win - which they did.

Think it’s just a case of an overseas coach using a phrase in a rather clumsy way rather than being derogatory. Nothing to see really.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 11:32]
Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:33 - Dec 13 with 1970 viewsWalkyWonderland

I didn't see it as a dig. probably the wrong choice of words but he summed it up well otherwise. Delighted with the win but I doubt any of us would have felt hard done by with a point. End to end game. Not the highest quality but an enjoyable championship match with two sides going for it.
Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:42 - Dec 13 with 1874 viewsBiGDonnie

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:29 - Dec 13 by GavTWTD

I saw that and had the same reaction. Jealousy init.

I think so.

Would be so refreshing for an opposition manager to come out after we'd beat them and say 'you know what, fair play, these are a quality team with a quality manager and they deserved the win'. Has that happened yet? Maybe Wagner will be the first Saturday?

COYBs

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:43 - Dec 13 with 1861 viewsBiGDonnie

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:33 - Dec 13 by WalkyWonderland

I didn't see it as a dig. probably the wrong choice of words but he summed it up well otherwise. Delighted with the win but I doubt any of us would have felt hard done by with a point. End to end game. Not the highest quality but an enjoyable championship match with two sides going for it.

I think we had them under control for the most part without really getting out of second gear.

COYBs

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:45 - Dec 13 with 1831 viewsWalkyWonderland

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:43 - Dec 13 by BiGDonnie

I think we had them under control for the most part without really getting out of second gear.

We were the better team but both sides were tiring. If the mistake from their centre half never happened and it ends 1-1, it wouldn't be like they got a jammy point. they were always in the game.
Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:45 - Dec 13 with 1831 viewsPhilTWTD

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:42 - Dec 13 by BiGDonnie

I think so.

Would be so refreshing for an opposition manager to come out after we'd beat them and say 'you know what, fair play, these are a quality team with a quality manager and they deserved the win'. Has that happened yet? Maybe Wagner will be the first Saturday?

Pretty much every week managers have said that lately. Thought Ismael was complimentary, don't think there was any slight intended.
Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 12:46 - Dec 13 with 1614 viewsPinewoodblue

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:45 - Dec 13 by WalkyWonderland

We were the better team but both sides were tiring. If the mistake from their centre half never happened and it ends 1-1, it wouldn't be like they got a jammy point. they were always in the game.

Putting our second goal down to a defensive error is an injustice to the skill, and quick reaction, from Morsy.

He created the chance by his pressure and took it well.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 12:58 - Dec 13 with 1563 viewsBiGDonnie

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:45 - Dec 13 by PhilTWTD

Pretty much every week managers have said that lately. Thought Ismael was complimentary, don't think there was any slight intended.

He should have referred to us as flavour of the last calendar year!

COYBs

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 13:03 - Dec 13 with 1530 viewsNthQldITFC

He'd been having a whale of a time, until we came along and harpooned his chances of a play off place. Now he's just being a dick.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 13:05 - Dec 13 with 1520 viewsWalkyWonderland

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 12:46 - Dec 13 by Pinewoodblue

Putting our second goal down to a defensive error is an injustice to the skill, and quick reaction, from Morsy.

Excellent finish reactions. press etc. Without the poor touch, it's highly unlikely that chance comes about. A different one, possibly. Taking the game overall, if we don't score that goal or a different one, my point is that 1-1 would have been a fairly reflective score line of the game as a whole and I don't think many of is would have been disappointed or felt Watford were lucky with that.
Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 13:11 - Dec 13 with 1430 viewsjayessess

Good chance it's just a language error, isn't it? Easy to mis-use or mis-understand idioms in your second language and the usual meaning doesn't make sense with the rest of the sentence.

Probably thinks "flavour of the month" means something akin to "in good form".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 13:56 - Dec 13 with 1271 viewsNutkins_Return

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 12:58 - Dec 13 by BiGDonnie

He should have referred to us as flavour of the last calendar year!

I think you have to appreciate that other managers aren't particularly interested in what we are doing until in and around the time we play. He's not invested in your last 12 months.

Thought he was really fair in the assessment saying a 50/50 game. You can imagine a lot of manages saying it was a smash and grab or whatever which it wasn't.

Also think he didnt mean anything negative.
Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 14:09 - Dec 13 with 1224 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Who is their manager this week? Maybe he can go on to get Luton promoted as well once their insane board sack him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-ipswich-win-marred-by-dyer-s-broken

Also I remember that side of donkeys they had in the late 90s breaking Dyers leg which was a big part of costing us promotion (to their benefit as they were promoted) so long may they rot. Dyer always struggled with injury after that as well.
Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 14:22 - Dec 13 with 1195 viewswkj

I didn't see much in it. Burns' goal (vs Cov) was very widespread and was probably one of the 'flavour of the month' moments in terms of footie news. That could be what he meant in terms of our exposure.

Either way, the Watford fans were very unflattering before and after the game, so, if it was sour grapes I fully appreciate his imploded butthole by virtue of sour grape induced puckering.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 14:24]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 14:29 - Dec 13 with 1139 viewsSomethingBlue

He's just slightly misusing a phrase in his second language there, to be fair to him. Can't see he meant anything untoward from it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 15:04 - Dec 13 with 1041 viewsBigCommon

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:42 - Dec 13 by BiGDonnie

I think so.

Pretty sure Rosenior did.... But, realistically, he had no choice after we completely out played Hull..
Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 15:32 - Dec 13 with 978 viewsBloomBlue

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 12:46 - Dec 13 by Pinewoodblue

True, but if one of our CHs had done that and Watford had scored Town fans would be moaning about it being a mistake by the CH.

Great reaction by Sam, but it was a mistake by the Watford player.

However wasn't it Sir Alex who said with every goal conceded you can highlight a mistake by the team who conceded.
Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 19:11 - Dec 13 with 784 viewsDubtractor

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 11:31 - Dec 13 by MattinLondon

I don’t think he meant anything negative about that phrase at all. He complimented some of our play and acknowledged that they too had changes to win - which they did.

Think it’s just a case of an overseas coach using a phrase in a rather clumsy way rather than being derogatory. Nothing to see really.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 11:32]

That's exactly as I read it - just saying that we are a team having a moment (which we are), and that the game was a 50/50 that landed in our favour (which it was).

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 19:13 - Dec 13 with 777 viewsredrickstuhaart

Watford gaffer - 'flavour of the month' on 19:11 - Dec 13 by Dubtractor

That's exactly as I read it - just saying that we are a team having a moment (which we are), and that the game was a 50/50 that landed in our favour (which it was).

It was 3-1 by an reasonable calculation, but Watford had a threat at time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024