Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Burgess 21:55 - Dec 12 with 2091 viewsBrianTablet

Was immense.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Cameron Burgess on 21:56 - Dec 12 with 2073 viewsBent_double

PoTS

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Cameron Burgess on 21:57 - Dec 12 with 2054 viewsCuffy81

Defensively flawless
Distribution excellent

We are going to miss him in the new year
Cameron Burgess on 21:58 - Dec 12 with 1995 viewsGlasgowBlue

Indeed. Also has a great understanding with Hladky. Big miss when he goes away in January, regardless of who we have in reserve.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cameron Burgess on 21:59 - Dec 12 with 1968 viewsFrimleyBlue

He was

Think we missed Wolfenden tonight too. Tuenzebe didn't do anything wrong as such but I felt wolfy has that understanding around the box with hladky and Burgess for the ball playing.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

His runs up the pitch really helped us, Axel also excellent (n/t) on 22:00 - Dec 12 with 1962 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Cameron Burgess on 22:03 - Dec 12 with 1881 viewscbower

Superb all round from him. I was so concerned about him being exposed at this level but not a bit of it. He is playing magnificently well. He will be a huge miss, huge in the New Year. Likewise Mass.

bluescouser

Cameron Burgess on 22:05 - Dec 12 with 1821 viewsFrimleyBlue

Cameron Burgess on 22:03 - Dec 12 by cbower

Superb all round from him. I was so concerned about him being exposed at this level but not a bit of it. He is playing magnificently well. He will be a huge miss, huge in the New Year. Likewise Mass.

We need a left footed cb as cover

Tuenzebe showed at times as did emundson when he played being right footed there really reduces your passing angles.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Cameron Burgess on 22:06 - Dec 12 with 1808 viewshomer_123

Cameron Burgess on 21:59 - Dec 12 by FrimleyBlue

He was

Think we missed Wolfenden tonight too. Tuenzebe didn't do anything wrong as such but I felt wolfy has that understanding around the box with hladky and Burgess for the ball playing.

Well, he should do given he's played significantly more than AT.

However, AT is beginning to look a cut above our other CBs. You watch his positional play and the way he's already organising the defence.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 22:07]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Cameron Burgess on 22:09 - Dec 12 with 1742 viewsNutkins_Return

He was but Tuanzebe was imperious as well. Axel is so composed and the pace on him is ridiculous. Wouldn't be a bad shout to play him right back against Watford just to nullify their only threat next time.
Cameron Burgess on 22:12 - Dec 12 with 1661 viewsbournemouthblue

Cameron Burgess on 22:09 - Dec 12 by Nutkins_Return

He was but Tuanzebe was imperious as well. Axel is so composed and the pace on him is ridiculous. Wouldn't be a bad shout to play him right back against Watford just to nullify their only threat next time.

You do wonder if he could play there, he's an athlete

I wonder if we have a plan for when Burgess is gone? Baggot is alright but it's a big ask for him to step into that role, Edmundson could and we might get away with it but 'getting away with it' isn't really how gamechanger operate

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Cameron Burgess on 22:17 - Dec 12 with 1580 viewsBigCommon

Cameron Burgess on 22:12 - Dec 12 by bournemouthblue

I wonder if we have a plan for when Burgess is gone? Baggot is alright but it's a big ask for him to step into that role, Edmundson could and we might get away with it but 'getting away with it' isn't really how gamechanger operate

KM will have a plan in place... As we could just as easily lose him to injury at any time....
I can't believe how well we are doing. Another KM masterclass tonight, what with the rotation..
Cameron Burgess on 22:51 - Dec 12 with 1462 viewsVic

Cameron Burgess on 22:03 - Dec 12 by cbower

But then we have Woolf and Axel to play together - not that much of a drop off is there

Likewise in midfield - I give you that Taylor isn’t quite Mass yet - but again, he’s not far off. We’ll be OK.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Cameron Burgess on 23:02 - Dec 12 with 1406 viewsnorfsufblue

He has so much more responsibility on the ball when paired with Axel..... I don't know why but the whole passing out from the back is so much calmer when Wolfie plays..... but Tuanzebe adds steel in those pressurised moments.... its almost like the manager knows exactly what he is doing!
Cameron Burgess on 23:47 - Dec 12 with 1291 viewsReus30

I'm pretty sure that the original CB pairing in 2021 was going to be Wolf and Fridge. People were often saying that his passing and movement was his weak point.

How incorrect was that thought. His passing is off the scale, some of his through balls are absolutely ridiculous. Composure on the ball, his tracking back the other way.

Credit goes to the coaching staff because they have moulded him into a top modern day, international centre back. I know we had mcAuley and JDV over the last twenty years but surely Cam is up there already?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 23:48]
Cameron Burgess on 08:07 - Dec 13 with 924 viewsyorkshireblue

Cameron Burgess on 22:12 - Dec 12 by bournemouthblue

Baggott will also be at the Asia Cup.
Cameron Burgess on 08:19 - Dec 13 with 887 viewsHerbivore

Burgess has had a tremendous season. I was one of many who questioned whether he could step up and thought we might look to upgrade, but he's probably had about two slightly below par performances all season and has been excellent otherwise. Another who has improved massively under McKenna, especially with his use of the ball.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cameron Burgess on 08:25 - Dec 13 with 860 viewsKieran_Knows

Rolls Royce.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cameron Burgess on 09:25 - Dec 13 with 750 viewsbournemouthblue

Cameron Burgess on 22:51 - Dec 12 by Vic

But then we have Woolf and Axel to play together - not that much of a drop off is there

Likewise in midfield - I give you that Taylor isn’t quite Mass yet - but again, he’s not far off. We’ll be OK.

I like Taylor but we are no way near as good defensively when Mass and Morsy are together

In time he might become better at this side of the game but it's not an ideal situation in my opinion

I think he's better suited to the number 10 role away from home, offering a bit more defensively than Chaplin but not asked to do the donkey work, screening the defence etc

Could Ball do it or are we likely to replace him in January with a Matete type signing?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Cameron Burgess on 09:26 - Dec 13 with 745 viewsHerbivore

Cameron Burgess on 09:25 - Dec 13 by bournemouthblue

I like Taylor but we are no way near as good defensively when Mass and Morsy are together

In time he might become better at this side of the game but it's not an ideal situation in my opinion

I think he's better suited to the number 10 role away from home, offering a bit more defensively than Chaplin but not asked to do the donkey work, screening the defence etc

Could Ball do it or are we likely to replace him in January with a Matete type signing?

Taylor did fine at the weekend against Boro. We kept a clean sheet against a dangerous side with him in the middle of the park.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cameron Burgess on 09:27 - Dec 13 with 739 views_clive_baker_

He was, so was Tuanzebe. He's an absolute Rolls Royce of a football, we need to keep him fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024