Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? (n/t) 20:29 - Dec 12 with 4065 viewsNthQldITFC

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 20:32 - Dec 12 with 4018 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Beat me to it!! I need to know, sounds great.

Blue army in fantastic voice tonight - sounds like a home game.
Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 20:34 - Dec 12 with 4004 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Town are scoring.
All around us,
Ipswich playing, having fun,
It’s the season,
Back to back promotions,
Merry Christmas,
Norwich Scum.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 20:35 - Dec 12 with 3948 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 20:34 - Dec 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Town are scoring.
All around us,
It’s the season,
Back to back promotions,
Merry Christmas,
Norwich Scum.

In the words of Katherine Tate, "I like it".

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 22:21 - Dec 12 with 3669 viewsBlueForYou

Rather good that..!!
Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 20:57 - Dec 13 with 3266 viewspennblue

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 20:34 - Dec 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Town are scoring.
All around us,
It’s the season,
Back to back promotions,
Merry Christmas,
Norwich Scum.

Seems to be a question around the 1st line, is it:

"Town are scoring"

or is it

"The Barclays falling"

?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 21:03 - Dec 13 with 3218 viewsParky

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 20:57 - Dec 13 by pennblue

"Town are scoring"

or is it

"The Barclays falling"

?

Town are scoring, for me. We’ve already got the Carrow Road is falling down one
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 21:04]
Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 21:33 - Dec 13 with 3054 viewsJackNorthStand

Whatever the first line is or isn't, I want to hear 28,000 Ipswich fans singing this at Portman road Saturday
Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 21:56 - Dec 13 with 2972 viewsSouperJim

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 20:57 - Dec 13 by pennblue

"Town are scoring"

or is it

"The Barclays falling"

?

It is:-

The Barclays falling
All around them...

Which imho is better and makes more sense given the song is merry Christmas Norwich scum, i.e. aimed at them

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 22:02 - Dec 13 with 2927 viewsWallingford_Boy

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 21:56 - Dec 13 by SouperJim

The Barclays falling
All around them...

Which imho is better and makes more sense given the song is merry Christmas Norwich scum, i.e. aimed at them

No, no, no… doesn’t scan for starters!

Definitely the “Town are scoring” line, miles better.

RIP Sir Bobby

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 09:31 - Dec 14 with 2531 viewslizzibee

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 21:56 - Dec 13 by SouperJim

The Barclays falling
All around them...

these are the lyrics blue action posted
Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 09:43 - Dec 14 with 2499 viewsBluedandy

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 09:31 - Dec 14 by lizzibee

these are the lyrics blue action posted

Lyrics are ... "Barclay's falling ... " much better, highlights the overdue collapse of Norwich City Football Club which we should unconditionally celebrate.

"Ipswich scoring all around us" is a bit meh and happy clappy ....

Regarding Singin' The Blues if we must have that played over the tannoy can we please revert back to the original lyrics "when Ipswich win and Norwich lose" ....

The watered down "when others lose" is so bland and meaningless and makes us sound rather dull and petty.
Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 09:47 - Dec 14 with 2477 viewsSteve_M

Town are scoring.
All around us,
It’s the season,
Back to back promotions,
Merry Christmas,
Norwich Scum.

This is definitely better than the Barclay's falling first line.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 12:01 - Dec 14 with 2362 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 09:43 - Dec 14 by Bluedandy

Lyrics are ... "Barclay's falling ... " much better, highlights the overdue collapse of Norwich City Football Club which we should unconditionally celebrate.

"Ipswich scoring all around us" is a bit meh and happy clappy ....

Regarding Singin' The Blues if we must have that played over the tannoy can we please revert back to the original lyrics "when Ipswich win and Norwich lose" ....

The watered down "when others lose" is so bland and meaningless and makes us sound rather dull and petty.

I know they blast out 'others lose' over the tannoy, but they kind of have to. No one sings that though. Everyone sings 'and Norwich lose'.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 12:22 - Dec 14 with 2302 viewsNthQldITFC

I absolutely defer to the people with the IP here, namely Blue Action, but I'd like to add another potential option here:

Delia's snoring,
In the library,
Ipswich playing,
Having fun,
It's the season,
Back to back promotions,
Merry Christmas,
Norwich scum.

While the Blue Action original does have one syllable too many, and there will be quite a few who don't know what The Barclay is (I thought it was rhyming slang until a couple of months ago), I do appreciate that it honours the 'all around...' part of Mr Stevens' original.

Agreed on 12:26 - Dec 14 with 2274 viewsDyland

Anyone tell me words to the "...Merry Christmas, N*rwich sc*m" chant? on 09:47 - Dec 14 by Steve_M

This is definitely better than the Barclay's falling first line.

Scans better and is more inclusive (for want of a better word)) and positive to boot.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024