Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another thing that annoys me 13:24 - Dec 11 with 2889 views_clive_baker_

Delivery drivers who knock, then give you approximately 2.7 seconds to open the door before the scarper. I know they're on a tight schedule but strewth, give me a chance.
Another thing that annoys me on 13:26 - Dec 11 with 2011 viewshype313

Not as annoying as being used as an Evri Hub by the driver as they know you wfh and so can take parcels for neighbours.

Without wanting to sound like Keane, "That's your job"

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Another thing that annoys me on 13:26 - Dec 11 with 2005 viewsHorsham

People who get in lifts and immediately push button that closes the door. That actually annoys me more than it should.

They should be taken to the top floor and chucked down the lift shaft.
Another thing that annoys me on 13:33 - Dec 11 with 1944 viewsgiant_stow

Oddly enough I just had one turn up late and very flustered. He was late cos he'd been given a 7 min window to deliver 20 crates of food to a school with a long driveway - 4 round trips with his trolley - took him 30 mins apparently, poor old sod. Their system should allow for sh1t like that. None of this excuses your situ - just felt for the fella.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Another thing that annoys me on 13:35 - Dec 11 with 1912 viewsexeterblue10

Another thing that annoys me on 13:26 - Dec 11 by Horsham

People who get in lifts and immediately push button that closes the door. That actually annoys me more than it should.

In a similar vein, people who stop at the top or bottom of escalators to get their bearings. Duh!
Another thing that annoys me on 13:37 - Dec 11 with 1900 viewsLord_Lucan

Another thing that annoys me on 13:26 - Dec 11 by Horsham

I always do this

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Another thing that annoys me on 13:38 - Dec 11 with 1894 views_clive_baker_

Another thing that annoys me on 13:37 - Dec 11 by Lord_Lucan

I always do this

Me too, didn't realise it was a faux pas. What am I meant to do, stand there waiting incase someone turns up?
Another thing that annoys me on 13:40 - Dec 11 with 1873 viewsJimmyJazz

Delivery drivers who knock, when you clearly have a doorbell which would be heard more clearly

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Another thing that annoys me on 13:40 - Dec 11 with 1872 viewsHorsham

Another thing that annoys me on 13:38 - Dec 11 by _clive_baker_

Me too, didn't realise it was a faux pas. What am I meant to do, stand there waiting incase someone turns up?

It’s ok if the coast is clear but when there are people clearly following you towards the lift then a sanction should be applied.

Or maybe just me then.
Login to get fewer ads

Another thing that annoys me on 13:42 - Dec 11 with 1864 viewsVanSaParody

People who don't answer the door after 2.6 seconds to accept delivery
Another thing that annoys me on 13:46 - Dec 11 with 1836 viewshomer_123

Another thing that annoys me on 13:40 - Dec 11 by Horsham

It’s ok if the coast is clear but when there are people clearly following you towards the lift then a sanction should be applied.

Or maybe just me then.

Depends, surely, on who's trying to get in?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Another thing that annoys me on 13:48 - Dec 11 with 1817 views_clive_baker_

Another thing that annoys me on 13:40 - Dec 11 by Horsham

Or maybe just me then.

Ahh got you, yeah that's a little tight. Similar category to not holding a door open IMO.
Another thing that annoys me on 13:49 - Dec 11 with 1807 viewsVanSaParody

Another thing that annoys me on 13:33 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

Oddly enough I just had one turn up late and very flustered. He was late cos he'd been given a 7 min window to deliver 20 crates of food to a school with a long driveway - 4 round trips with his trolley - took him 30 mins apparently, poor old sod. Their system should allow for sh1t like that. None of this excuses your situ - just felt for the fella.

I do p/t grocery deliveries...
Appreciate your sympathy...
The amount of times there's no answer (nor on the phone/mobile listed) when I'm within the delivery time slot THEY booked

Delivered to actor Daniel Day Lewis last wk, there were no subs, but I told him he was lucky to get the coconut bakery product he ordered as they were the Last Of The Macaroons
Another thing that annoys me on 13:58 - Dec 11 with 1766 viewsNthQldITFC

Another thing that annoys me on 13:37 - Dec 11 by Lord_Lucan

I always do this

Which? You always push the button, or you always chuck people down lift shafts?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Another thing that annoys me on 14:03 - Dec 11 with 1720 viewsCoastalblue

On a similar theme, Royal Mail don't deliver to the building I live in on a Saturday, everybody else does but they don't, no idea why. I've learned to live with it, but it still infuriates me when I get an email at 7-30AM from them telling me they are going to attempt to deliver my parcel today, followed by another about 10 minutes later telling me that they attempted to deliver my parcel but were unable to.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Another thing that annoys me on 14:05 - Dec 11 with 1697 views_clive_baker_

Another thing that annoys me on 14:03 - Dec 11 by Coastalblue

On a similar theme, Royal Mail don't deliver to the building I live in on a Saturday, everybody else does but they don't, no idea why. I've learned to live with it, but it still infuriates me when I get an email at 7-30AM from them telling me they are going to attempt to deliver my parcel today, followed by another about 10 minutes later telling me that they attempted to deliver my parcel but were unable to.

I'm impressed that you have a specific building to live in on a Saturday? Do you have a different house for every day of the week?
Another thing that annoys me on 14:09 - Dec 11 with 1674 viewsFixed_It

I have a regular delivery from Yodel. I get an email to tell me that they have my parcel, and I can track my parcel by entering my postcode. When I do so, it is still at the depot. 10 minutes later I get a message to say it is out for delivery, and gives me a two hour time slot - which started 50 minutes ago. This is also very annoying!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 14:10]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Another thing that annoys me on 14:12 - Dec 11 with 1642 viewsCoastalblue

Another thing that annoys me on 14:05 - Dec 11 by _clive_baker_

I'm impressed that you have a specific building to live in on a Saturday? Do you have a different house for every day of the week?

Doesn't everybody?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Another thing that annoys me on 14:16 - Dec 11 with 1618 viewsFtnfwest

People who get on tube trains, don't hold onto a grab rail and then look disbelievingly as the train moves off and they fall over. Presumably they didn't think it would actually have to move in order to get them to their destination...
Another thing that annoys me on 14:16 - Dec 11 with 1611 viewshoppy

Another thing that annoys me on 14:12 - Dec 11 by Coastalblue

Doesn't everybody?

I thought so.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Another thing that annoys me on 14:17 - Dec 11 with 1604 viewsgiant_stow

Another thing that annoys me on 13:49 - Dec 11 by VanSaParody

I do p/t grocery deliveries...
Appreciate your sympathy...
The amount of times there's no answer (nor on the phone/mobile listed) when I'm within the delivery time slot THEY booked

Delivered to actor Daniel Day Lewis last wk, there were no subs, but I told him he was lucky to get the coconut bakery product he ordered as they were the Last Of The Macaroons

I can well believe that. I've done a bit of delivery work before (not groceries) and its a proper thankless, stressful and often disrespected gig.

Edit: not aimed at the gent known as Clive!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 14:17]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Another thing that annoys me on 14:19 - Dec 11 with 1575 viewsexeterblue10

Another thing that annoys me on 14:16 - Dec 11 by Ftnfwest

People who get on tube trains, don't hold onto a grab rail and then look disbelievingly as the train moves off and they fall over. Presumably they didn't think it would actually have to move in order to get them to their destination...

That's me that is
Another thing that annoys me on 14:25 - Dec 11 with 1550 views_clive_baker_

Another thing that annoys me on 14:12 - Dec 11 by Coastalblue

Doesn't everybody?

You Coastal folk, more homes than I've had hot dinners.
Another thing that annoys me on 14:27 - Dec 11 with 1523 viewsblueasfook

Another thing that annoys me on 14:09 - Dec 11 by Fixed_It

I have a regular delivery from Yodel. I get an email to tell me that they have my parcel, and I can track my parcel by entering my postcode. When I do so, it is still at the depot. 10 minutes later I get a message to say it is out for delivery, and gives me a two hour time slot - which started 50 minutes ago. This is also very annoying!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 14:10]

The most annoying thing is when they lie about trying to deliver it, saying nobody was home, even though you were home all the time.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Another thing that annoys me on 14:36 - Dec 11 with 1479 viewsIllinoisblue

Assume you’re talking about deliveries that need a signature? Ours over here just lob parcel on doorstep, take a photo, and then they’re on their way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another thing that annoys me on 14:43 - Dec 11 with 1422 viewsBlueBadger

People who do that 'holding the phone horizontally whilst talking on it' thing rather holding it to their ear like a f**king adult. Particularly if they then combine it with video or speakerphone chat.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024