Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee for Ipswich v Norwich is Josh Smith 22:50 - Dec 11 with 2254 viewsMaySixth

He is from the Peterborough area.

Has officiated 6 Town games and we have won 4 and drawn 2.

Has dished out 18 Ipswich yellows and 9 opposition yellows.

Aug 2021 : Ipswich 2-2 MK Dons
Oct 2021 : Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich
Oct 2022 : Charlton 4-4 Ipswich
Aug 2023 : Ipswich 2-0 Stoke
Sep 2023 : Southampton 0-1 Ipswich
Oct 2023 : Bristol City 0-1 Ipswich

Has officiated Norwich once this season as they lost 3-1 at home to Blackburn but sent off a Blackburn player.

[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 22:52]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Referee for Ipswich v Norwich is Josh Smith on 08:25 - Dec 12 with 1708 viewsSitfcB

Reffed a few Prem games this season as well.

Booked Morsy for no reason at Bristol City.

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=2324

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Referee for Ipswich v Norwich is Josh Smith on 09:37 - Dec 12 with 1505 viewslizzibee

Argh - that Charlton game
Referee for Ipswich v Norwich is Josh Smith on 12:27 - Dec 12 with 1237 viewslongtimefan

Referee for Ipswich v Norwich is Josh Smith on 08:25 - Dec 12 by SitfcB

Reffed a few Prem games this season as well.

Booked Morsy for no reason at Bristol City.

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=2324

The caution was a bit debatable but the only reason it occurred was because he let Bristol take a quick free kick about 20 yards away from where the foul occurred which let them bypass most of our midfield. As a consequence Morsey was desperately try to get back goalside of their break. Their player ran across him and went down like a lead ballon, and although there looked like no or minimal contact I could sort of see why he gave it. Would never of happened though had he done his job properly and ensured the free kick was taken from the correct place.
Referee for Ipswich v Norwich is Josh Smith on 16:44 - Dec 12 with 987 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

From what I have seen of him live and on tv this season, IMO not a good appointment.

To fussy and too card happy!

I hope I'm proved wrong!
Referee for Ipswich v Norwich is Josh Smith on 18:15 - Dec 12 with 881 viewsBigCommon

Referee for Ipswich v Norwich is Josh Smith on 16:44 - Dec 12 by Grumpy_Old_Man

From what I have seen of him live and on tv this season, IMO not a good appointment.

I hope I'm proved wrong!

Yeah, he likes a card or four..... Be amazed if Morsy gets through this one without being carded, if he's selected.
Referee for Ipswich v Norwich is Josh Smith on 18:20 - Dec 12 with 858 viewsSE1blue

Referee for Ipswich v Norwich is Josh Smith on 16:44 - Dec 12 by Grumpy_Old_Man

I hope I'm proved wrong!

You’d think that having to dish out that number of cards every week, might make his employers question his ability to manage matches and maintain order…

Not excusing the players but there’s surely a point where your average card waving needs to be better.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024