Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich on the up says Athletic 02:17 - Dec 10 with 2710 viewsBucklebury_blue

Apologies if this has been posted before but. https://theathletic.com/5119607/2023/12/08/the-ludicrous-numbers-in-championship
Ipswich on the up says Athletic on 06:55 - Dec 10 with 2382 viewsGavTWTD

A good read and surprised I could without a subscription.

Not sure the paragraph about the January window is right though. It claims there won't be much movement at the top but I'm sure there will be.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ipswich on the up says Athletic on 10:09 - Dec 10 with 1740 viewsGuthrum

Talking of psychology and the play-offs, even should we end up in them and fail to win, that's still a brilliant season for a newly=promoted side (while disappointing from where we currently stand). With the three relegated sides, not going back up at the first time of asking is something of a disaster, one which could see them stuck in the division for an extended period as better players (and maybe managers) depart.

Takes the pressure off us and heaps it on the others. Which in tight games late in the season or a play-off final could give us an advantage.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ipswich on the up says Athletic on 10:15 - Dec 10 with 1712 viewsGuthrum

Ipswich on the up says Athletic on 06:55 - Dec 10 by GavTWTD

A good read and surprised I could without a subscription.

Not sure the paragraph about the January window is right though. It claims there won't be much movement at the top but I'm sure there will be.

While the top four will be jockeying for the slightest advantage in the January window, there will also be the desire not to upset a smoothly-functioning machine.

I trust our meticulous and proven process not to do that. But it is a tricky and careful game, best not approached in a gung-ho manner. Then there is the additional problem of squad size limits - who, potentially, do teams start leaving out for most of the second half of the season when everybody has been performing well?

Ipswich on the up says Athletic on 11:53 - Dec 10 with 1418 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Interesting point about the new subs rules, while we’ve benefited from them it would be a different prospect in the Premier League where the players coming on fresh for the super clubs would be of such a standard at the end of the game we’d struggle to win much needed points, and they’ve suggested that this is the reason Leicester are winning so many games late on in the Championship this season.
Ipswich on the up says Athletic on 12:47 - Dec 10 with 1305 viewsOldFart71

Ipswich on the up says Athletic on 10:15 - Dec 10 by Guthrum

While the top four will be jockeying for the slightest advantage in the January window, there will also be the desire not to upset a smoothly-functioning machine.

I trust our meticulous and proven process not to do that. But it is a tricky and careful game, best not approached in a gung-ho manner. Then there is the additional problem of squad size limits - who, potentially, do teams start leaving out for most of the second half of the season when everybody has been performing well?

I think we could do with a backup for Morsy. Many talk about needing another striker, maybe in place of Ladapo. In my opinion we will only go for big money purchases if we have a better than average chance of Promotion. Then of course it's if anyone is available and not paying stupid money for anyone who doesn't improve us that much. But as I say that Morsy position is really the only one that gives me cause for concern. We managed without Loungo yesterday, but whether Taylor can cement a place I am not so sure.
Ipswich on the up says Athletic on 14:48 - Dec 10 with 997 viewsitfc_bucks

I particularly like how it makes reference to us not making any noises about forthcoming movement in the transfer market.

Good.

I love how we do this now - identify target, go out, sign them, present to fans.

Prevents any of that nonsense that we've had for years happening.
Ipswich on the up says Athletic on 15:04 - Dec 10 with 951 viewsGuthrum

Ipswich on the up says Athletic on 12:47 - Dec 10 by OldFart71

I think we could do with a backup for Morsy. Many talk about needing another striker, maybe in place of Ladapo. In my opinion we will only go for big money purchases if we have a better than average chance of Promotion. Then of course it's if anyone is available and not paying stupid money for anyone who doesn't improve us that much. But as I say that Morsy position is really the only one that gives me cause for concern. We managed without Loungo yesterday, but whether Taylor can cement a place I am not so sure.

Problem with that for me is more where are we going to find such a player, of that quality, especially one who would effectively be coming to Town as an understudy? Plus, of course, there is Dom Ball, who hasn't let us down (and, for that matter, Evans, who must be well on the road back to recovery by now, given the timescale talked about).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024