Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for jigsaw puzzlers 14:08 - Dec 7 with 1425 viewsThisIsMyUsername

If someone already has a few (four) 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles, would it be underwhelming if someone bought them a 500 piece puzzle as a present for Christmas (created using one of their favourite photos of their two cats)?

The 1000 piece version would also be available, it's just relatively quite a bit more expensive (as you'd expect).

Random thread of the day...

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 14:19 - Dec 7 with 1384 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'd say the image is more the thing, where the thought lies, than the amount of pieces. I had a picture of Lady Dollers in a red coat standing in front of a massive bush of red leaves, which I turned into a jigsaw for Father Dollers.

It was 1000 pieces, but he loved it because it was personal. And an absolute barsteward as well!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 14:30 - Dec 7 with 1361 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 14:19 - Dec 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd say the image is more the thing, where the thought lies, than the amount of pieces. I had a picture of Lady Dollers in a red coat standing in front of a massive bush of red leaves, which I turned into a jigsaw for Father Dollers.

It was 1000 pieces, but he loved it because it was personal. And an absolute barsteward as well!

Cheers. Yep I agree that thought is always the main thing. I should have clarified that I meant mainly in terms of difficulty/challenge level. Obviously a 1000 piece is going to take a lot longer, but I imagine a 500 could still take a few hours.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 14:31]

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 15:01 - Dec 7 with 1315 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 14:30 - Dec 7 by ThisIsMyUsername

Cheers. Yep I agree that thought is always the main thing. I should have clarified that I meant mainly in terms of difficulty/challenge level. Obviously a 1000 piece is going to take a lot longer, but I imagine a 500 could still take a few hours.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 14:31]

No idea to be honest, not a puzzler myself.

They're great for old people though, keeps their brains ticking. My dad's just turned 87 and still going strong. Always has a jigsaw on the go.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 15:04 - Dec 7 with 1305 viewsblueasfook

I don't think it matters. I am sure they will get just as much pleasure from doing a 500 piece as a 1000 piece one. Especially as it's personalised for them with a favourite photo.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 15:34 - Dec 7 with 1265 viewswkj

Buy them a Scalextric instead- two people getting cosy with a jig saw is usually the last step before marriage counselling

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 16:57 - Dec 7 with 1210 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 15:34 - Dec 7 by wkj

Buy them a Scalextric instead- two people getting cosy with a jig saw is usually the last step before marriage counselling

Hadn't you heard that couples' jigsaw puzzles are amongst the most erotic of activities?

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 17:33 - Dec 7 with 1176 viewsronnyd

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 16:57 - Dec 7 by ThisIsMyUsername

Hadn't you heard that couples' jigsaw puzzles are amongst the most erotic of activities?

Depends what the picture is.
Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 22:06 - Dec 7 with 1113 viewsJimmyJazz

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 17:33 - Dec 7 by ronnyd

Depends what the picture is.

Lady dollars wearing just a red coat not doing it for you?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Login to get fewer ads

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 22:33 - Dec 7 with 1082 viewsCarlosfan

If your friend only has a few 1000 piece jigsaws they might not be that fussed about getting a 500 piece one. I only go for 1000+ pieces but am a bit of a fusspot with my hobby!
Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 05:55 - Dec 8 with 1009 viewsjontysnut

I did a jigsaw once. It said 3-4 years on the box but it only took me a week.

I got an a photo of someone's house made up but the actual puzzle pieces were too small so check size as well.
Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 13:45 - Dec 8 with 894 viewsazuremerlangus

A relative of mine likes to do puzzles without seeing the picture - prefers just getting the bag of pieces and doing it blind.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 14:34 - Dec 8 with 870 views_clive_baker_

No idea but make sure the image is appropriate for a puzzle.

I'm saying this from experience, bought one of someone's dogs once thinking I'd nailed the gift and it was actually pretty sh1t I think as loads of the background was black.

I'm sure you're smarter than me though and already considered that.
Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 14:36 - Dec 8 with 865 viewswkj

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 16:57 - Dec 7 by ThisIsMyUsername

I must admit I haven't - but if you get a lady round who enjoys a bash at sensible soccer - you've bagged a winner.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 15:17 - Dec 8 with 827 viewsParisBlue

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 05:55 - Dec 8 by jontysnut

I did a jigsaw once. It said 3-4 years on the box but it only took me a week.

I got an a photo of someone's house made up but the actual puzzle pieces were too small so check size as well.

I found this jigsaw incredibly tough, the pieces were delicious, but a lot were missing.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/9RoAAOSwGphbUfSk/s-l960.webp

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 15:26 - Dec 8 with 811 viewsKropotkin123

Everyone is different, I guess, but it would be underwhelming for me.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Question for jigsaw puzzlers on 15:54 - Dec 8 with 788 viewsgiant_stow

I'm not an expert, but did attempt a 1000-piece jigsaw of an old Harry Beck underground map, which was actually impossible to finish. It was covered by an almost uniform beige color round the edge which made it maddening. Therefore I'd say the image you chose is the main thing, not the number of pieces..

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024