Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Season Defining Matches 11:58 - Dec 5 with 3104 viewsNazemariner

Boro, Watford, and Leeds away. Norwich and Leicester at home.

Offer me 7 points and I would bite your arm off.

How do you see us getting on?
5 Season Defining Matches on 12:09 - Dec 5 with 3047 viewsBigCommon

I don't feel fazed by these games against decent sized clubs... We've beaten Sunderland and Southampton on the road, already. And Portman Rd is a fortress... Not sure I'd bite your arm off for 7 points, but that wouldn't be a disaster either..
I think we can get 9 plus points from these fixtures.. Leeds away, probably the toughest of those. Imo.
5 Season Defining Matches on 12:14 - Dec 5 with 2994 viewsvilanovablue

I would like to think that 9 points is certainly doable. The advantage we have is that he is teams wanting to win leading to more open games which I feel does suit us more.
5 Season Defining Matches on 12:16 - Dec 5 with 2983 viewsThe_Snake

I think it's as good a time as any to play Boro with their injuries and suspensions. So nick 3 points there, can't see too many points from Watford or Leeds away but beat Norwich and just have a sneaky feeling that we'll beat Leicester on Boxing Day.

9 points from that lot would be a very happy Christmas indeed.
5 Season Defining Matches on 12:16 - Dec 5 with 2978 viewsHerbivore

15 points, 15 goals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

5 Season Defining Matches on 12:30 - Dec 5 with 2891 views_clive_baker_

As a block it looks pretty daunting, there's some good sides in there. It's one of those where looking at them together does look tough, but on a game by game basis its perhaps less scary. We're in good form, we're certainly capable of getting something on the road at a depleted Boro and an inconsistent Watford. That's not to say we will, but I think we're capable. Norwich at home, forgetting the fact its a derby you would probably make us favourites. Leeds will be mega tough, their home form rivals ours and that's a really, really hard place to go. We saw at PR what they're capable of, Rutter and Piroe are top class at this level and I'm not convinced we can handle them tbh. Leicester are very strong, but we might take something from that.

7 points would be a good return given the games. I came up with 17 points as a target from the 10 game block of WBA to Stoke on NYD. We've got 6 from 3 so far, 7 more from these would need us leaving 4 points from QPR and Stoke which feels achievable. It'll be interesting to see how we get on in December.
5 Season Defining Matches on 13:28 - Dec 5 with 2738 viewsGarv

Leeds away is the only scary fixture there in my opinion.

10 points.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

5 Season Defining Matches on 13:36 - Dec 5 with 2716 viewsJakeITFC

I think 5 or 6 from Boro, Watford, Norwich would be a good return. 3 from either Leeds or Leicester would be wonderful but possible. So an optimistic 9 points I think.
5 Season Defining Matches on 13:52 - Dec 5 with 2664 viewsHerbivore

5 Season Defining Matches on 13:36 - Dec 5 by JakeITFC

I think 5 or 6 from Boro, Watford, Norwich would be a good return. 3 from either Leeds or Leicester would be wonderful but possible. So an optimistic 9 points I think.

This might be horribly naive of me, but I can see us beating Leicester. It's at PR under the lights on Boxing Day and the way we're playing at home I'm not sure even as good a defensive side as them can live with us. Leeds away looks very tough and it'll need to be our best and most clinical display of the season to get a result there.

Login to get fewer ads

5 Season Defining Matches on 13:54 - Dec 5 with 2655 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boro - Win
Watford - Draw
Norwich - Win
Leeds - Lose
Leicester - Draw

8 points

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

5 Season Defining Matches on 14:08 - Dec 5 with 2604 viewsitfc_bucks

On form, you'd have to say you'd expect probably four points from Boro & Watford. We *should* beat Nodge.

A draw at Leeds would be a great result, a defeat would really give them an incentive to try and start hauling us in. A win would be fabulous and hopefully a catalyst for them to have a proper little wobble.

Leicester is a free-hit.

I've said for a while now, January is key for the relegated three, I'm not convinced that all their skeletons are back in the closet firmly. I could see there being unrest about moves causing all manner of exciting problems for them!
5 Season Defining Matches on 14:14 - Dec 5 with 2582 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

5 Season Defining Matches on 14:08 - Dec 5 by itfc_bucks

On form, you'd have to say you'd expect probably four points from Boro & Watford. We *should* beat Nodge.

A draw at Leeds would be a great result, a defeat would really give them an incentive to try and start hauling us in. A win would be fabulous and hopefully a catalyst for them to have a proper little wobble.

Leicester is a free-hit.

I've said for a while now, January is key for the relegated three, I'm not convinced that all their skeletons are back in the closet firmly. I could see there being unrest about moves causing all manner of exciting problems for them!

No game should be considered a “free hit”. We are currently second in one of the most competitive promotion chases in league history. Any loss would have other teams gain ground and it’s not a game in hand.
5 Season Defining Matches on 14:29 - Dec 5 with 2530 viewstractorboy1978

5 Season Defining Matches on 14:14 - Dec 5 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No game should be considered a “free hit”. We are currently second in one of the most competitive promotion chases in league history. Any loss would have other teams gain ground and it’s not a game in hand.

Pathetic isn't it? I've seen several people seem to suggest Leicester aren't of any concern to us as they will win the league. We are 1 point behind them and IMO they have looked worse than Leeds in recent weeks.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 14:29]
5 Season Defining Matches on 14:50 - Dec 5 with 2471 viewsHerbivore

5 Season Defining Matches on 14:29 - Dec 5 by tractorboy1978

Pathetic isn't it? I've seen several people seem to suggest Leicester aren't of any concern to us as they will win the league. We are 1 point behind them and IMO they have looked worse than Leeds in recent weeks.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 14:29]

And worse than us I'd say.

5 Season Defining Matches on 14:54 - Dec 5 with 2463 viewsBobbychase

Burnley had 50 points at the end of December last season I believe. Expect we will overhaul that easily. And they romped the division.

Might be a closer race this time but we're in a brilliant position.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

5 Season Defining Matches on 15:01 - Dec 5 with 2443 viewsSitfcB

5 Season Defining Matches on 14:08 - Dec 5 by itfc_bucks

Leicester is a free-hit.

Why is Leicester a free hit?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

5 Season Defining Matches on 15:16 - Dec 5 with 2404 viewsGavTWTD

Am I being over-optimistic by saying 11?

Boro have injury worries and we should go for wins against Norwich and Watford. That leaves a couple of points from Leeds and Leicester which would be a good return. I fear they will throw the kitchen sink at us but fingers crossed for a point apiece. Tight schedule. Anything could happen.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

5 Season Defining Matches on 15:37 - Dec 5 with 2364 viewsBobbychase

5 Season Defining Matches on 13:54 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

Boro - Win
Watford - Draw
Norwich - Win
Leeds - Lose
Leicester - Draw

8 points

I am biting your arm off. This would be superb

5 Season Defining Matches on 15:39 - Dec 5 with 2359 viewsBobbychase

5 Season Defining Matches on 15:01 - Dec 5 by SitfcB

Why is Leicester a free hit?

Yep. I fancy us to beat Leicester. For the simple reason we are really, really, really good at home. We could have beaten Leeds on balance of play and chances created and that's the only game we haven't won at home so far.

5 Season Defining Matches on 17:37 - Dec 5 with 2201 viewsLankHenners

Possibly as good a time as any to play Boro as they're in a bit of an injury/suspension crisis, and you don't really know which Watford will show up on any given day so 4 points from those two would be very good indeed. Don't think a point at each should be looked at too harshly though.

I think we'll lose at Leeds tbh, their front line is ridiculous and Ampadu/Kamara as a midfield two is equally absurd. Obviously they're the team we need to hold at bay right now so would very much take a point.

A home game against a patchy mid-table team screams comfortable victory and hopefully that's what we get against Norwich, and I really think we can give anyone a good game at PR so shouldn't fear Leicester.

Couple of wins, couple of draws and a loss for me so 8 points. As a number would like that to be higher but given the opposition I don't think that's a bad return. Leeds have got to go away to Blackburn, Sunderland and West Brom over the same period which will be tricky so hopefully they drop points. Leicester have a more comfortable run of fixtures with 4 games against bottom half teams (3 of those at home) before us and Cardiff away so would expect them to put a small wobble behind them and get a good amount of points on the board. Southampton don't have a particularly challenging December on paper either so expect them to make a bit of ground.

All we can really hope for is to still be in the top 2 after all that and not have our lead eaten into too much. If the gap between us and 3rd is extended then even better.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

5 Season Defining Matches on 21:54 - Dec 5 with 2017 viewspeterleeblue

5 Season Defining Matches on 13:54 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

Boro - Win
Watford - Draw
Norwich - Win
Leeds - Lose
Leicester - Draw

8 points

Is probably the correct answer.

I think that will do us nicely as well anything more and I think we start to dip toes in the rich pit of the PL.
5 Season Defining Matches on 22:22 - Dec 5 with 1985 viewsBigCommon

5 Season Defining Matches on 13:52 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

This might be horribly naive of me, but I can see us beating Leicester. It's at PR under the lights on Boxing Day and the way we're playing at home I'm not sure even as good a defensive side as them can live with us. Leeds away looks very tough and it'll need to be our best and most clinical display of the season to get a result there.

I think the same... As long as we stay professional over Christmas time. Not too many beers and mince pies. The will be one or two undisciplined squads over Christmas. We can't afford to be one of them.
5 Season Defining Matches on 22:32 - Dec 5 with 1956 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

My young Son thinks we'll get 13 points from this batch of games, and Watford is where we will get the draw...

I think we'll take 11 points, with draws against Leeds and Leicester.
Agree it will be season defining - and NOT just for us on 23:52 - Dec 5 with 1891 viewsunstableblue

Anyone who comes out well from the next 5 games is going to have real momentum

I think for us:

Boro W
Watford D
Norwich W
Leeds L
Leicester ???? (Just can’t call it)

7 though for me would be a decent minimum

As for our rivals, and this is the thing, it’s not all easy:

Leeds
Blackburn (a), Sunderland (a), Coventry (h), Ipswich (h), Preston (a)

Leicester
Millwall (h), Brum (a), Rotherham (h), Ipswich (a), Cardiff (a)

Saints
Watford (a), Coventry (a), Blackburn (h), QPR (a), Swansea (h)

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024