Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Wish 13:34 - Dec 4 with 2956 viewsChurchman

Early this morning, keen supporter, follower, former season ticket holder passed away. My dad. He’d followed our wonderful club since the late 1930s and witnessed many of its greatest moments, including the 62 Champions, 1978 and 2000 at Wembley.

He was too unwell to really understand the rebirth of our wonderful club but I know he’d be just as enthused as myself and most of you if he could.

My wish is that you all cherish your loved ones while you can, the moment and the now. I was lucky enough to know and share so much with my father for so long, but the great cycle of life means these things are finite.

Finally, we’ve had a lot of dealings with the Health Service, St Elizabeth Hospice, Doctors, Nurses, carers, volunteers and helpers, Marie Curie, ambulance you name it in the last few weeks. They have all been truly amazing and it’s been humbling to see what they do in the most difficult of circumstances.

For those of you that work in that world, I cannot thank you enough.
A Wish on 18:45 - Dec 4 with 545 viewsMK1

Firstly, My Sympathy for your loss. No matter how prepared, it's still a shock. I wish you and yours well.
Secondly, Fantastic post. Every word is true.
Finally, Again, My thoughts are with you and all that knew your Dad.

Take care and a stiff drink or two is definitely allowed.
A Wish on 18:53 - Dec 4 with 536 viewsgiant_stow

RIP your Dad.

(some very good advice from you too)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A Wish on 18:56 - Dec 4 with 524 viewsford6600

Very sad news and loss.
Your words are wise indeed.
A Wish on 19:04 - Dec 4 with 514 viewsNthQldITFC

May I add my condolences too.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

A Wish on 19:09 - Dec 4 with 504 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sorry for your loss Churchman.

You are so right about cherishing all of your loved ones. It's very painful to lose a parent and the immediate memories may bring you tears. But as time moves on those tears will turn into smiles everytime you think of him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A Wish on 19:47 - Dec 4 with 477 viewsstrikalite

Sorry to read this Churchman, lost my Father 8 years ago now and to this day when I go to my Mums house I try not to look at his pictures around the house, how ridiculous is that, but it's just my way.....he was also a massive Town fan who took me everywhere as a kid, so I saw us lift the cup in '78, UEFA 81, and right through Robson era, ST in Cobbold every year through that period..

He would often say "you've seen the best years, you'll never see anything even close to that again"...well, I just wished he was here to see the football were playing right now, I know he'd be loving it..

RIP to your Father....
A Wish on 20:03 - Dec 4 with 463 viewsKeno

sorry for your loss Churchie

you our thoughts and love

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024