Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we think any of the relegated teams... 09:05 - Dec 4 with 3559 viewsvilanovablue

... are in danger of losing any key assets in January. You can surely see a few prem teams hovering like vultures over some pretty key players.
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:13 - Dec 4 with 3114 viewsJimmyJazz

Not really, I see them all strengthening not being depleted

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:17 - Dec 4 with 3091 viewsGlasgowBlue

The only teams who would want them are the teams fighting relegation. Why would s player jump from a club challenging for promotion to the Premier League to a team looking certain to be relegated back down to the Championship.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:19 - Dec 4 with 3078 viewsvilanovablue

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:17 - Dec 4 by GlasgowBlue

The only teams who would want them are the teams fighting relegation. Why would s player jump from a club challenging for promotion to the Premier League to a team looking certain to be relegated back down to the Championship.

I think Leicester players such as Dewsbury-Hall and Ndidi could move higher up for example.
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:22 - Dec 4 with 3049 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:19 - Dec 4 by vilanovablue

I think Leicester players such as Dewsbury-Hall and Ndidi could move higher up for example.

Not to European place chasing teams imo. And mid table teams have very little to play for so will wait until the summer.

All my opinion of course.

Iron Lion Zion

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:25 - Dec 4 with 3036 viewsvilanovablue

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:22 - Dec 4 by GlasgowBlue

Not to European place chasing teams imo. And mid table teams have very little to play for so will wait until the summer.

All my opinion of course.

Fair comment it will be interesting to see what happens.
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:27 - Dec 4 with 3029 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I would agree that DH will probably move. I would also expect Gnonto to be of interest to people. Other than that, these players are likely still on crazy deals and people won't want to risk paying that in January.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:29 - Dec 4 with 3000 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:25 - Dec 4 by vilanovablue

Fair comment it will be interesting to see what happens.

Of course, I'm not taking into account teams from other European leagues.

Iron Lion Zion

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:35 - Dec 4 with 2964 viewstractorboy1978

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:29 - Dec 4 by GlasgowBlue

Of course, I'm not taking into account teams from other European leagues.

Could easily see Ajax or another decent European club coming in for Summerville.
Login to get fewer ads

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 10:19 - Dec 4 with 2790 viewsDinDjarin

Someone watched Blue Monday Podcast
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 10:44 - Dec 4 with 2717 viewsJ2BLUE

Why would they sell?

They are probably thinking the same thing about us and hoping we lose Davis, Chaplin, Morsy etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 10:46 - Dec 4 with 2706 viewsSomethingBlue

Can't see it, to be honest. No reason for any of them to cash in now. Same goes for us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 10:51 - Dec 4 with 2674 viewsvilanovablue

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 10:19 - Dec 4 by DinDjarin

Someone watched Blue Monday Podcast

I did but have also wondered this myself prior to that.
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 11:12 - Dec 4 with 2580 viewsgordon

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 09:35 - Dec 4 by tractorboy1978

Could easily see Ajax or another decent European club coming in for Summerville.

Think it would be difficult for Leeds to hold on to Summerville if a team like Villa, Spurs, West Ham, Brighton etc offers £30+ million.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 11:13]
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 11:18 - Dec 4 with 2529 viewstractorboy1978

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 11:12 - Dec 4 by gordon

Think it would be difficult for Leeds to hold on to Summerville if a team like Villa, Spurs, West Ham, Brighton etc offers £30+ million.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 11:13]

Think it probably depends on whether a player wants to leave. That's going to be the key. Can rebuff bids if they don't kick up a fuss but difficult to keep hold of someone that wants out as they found out with Sinistierra.
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 11:24 - Dec 4 with 2507 viewsgordon

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 11:18 - Dec 4 by tractorboy1978

Think it probably depends on whether a player wants to leave. That's going to be the key. Can rebuff bids if they don't kick up a fuss but difficult to keep hold of someone that wants out as they found out with Sinistierra.

Yep - you'd think with someone like Summerville (assuming the consensus is that he has a pretty high ceiling) you could definitely imagine him getting an eye-watering offer from a mid-ranking Prem club, them knowing that if he has one good season in the Prem then he's an £80 million pound player.

Same goes for Leif Davis in my opinion - you'd wonder what we'd do if Brighton offered us £25 million and Davis stood to get his wages tripled - it's easy enough to say we should say no and Davis should wait until the end of the season, but it's a short career and it's no guarantee that we'll be promoted - and if he gets a serious injury then the chance might never come again.
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 11:30 - Dec 4 with 2464 viewsSmithersJones

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 11:24 - Dec 4 by gordon

Yep - you'd think with someone like Summerville (assuming the consensus is that he has a pretty high ceiling) you could definitely imagine him getting an eye-watering offer from a mid-ranking Prem club, them knowing that if he has one good season in the Prem then he's an £80 million pound player.

Same goes for Leif Davis in my opinion - you'd wonder what we'd do if Brighton offered us £25 million and Davis stood to get his wages tripled - it's easy enough to say we should say no and Davis should wait until the end of the season, but it's a short career and it's no guarantee that we'll be promoted - and if he gets a serious injury then the chance might never come again.

Depends whether they think of him as the player who’s scored 8 in 16 in the Championship or the player who scored 4 in 34 in the Premier League. Personally I think he’s worth a lot more to Leeds than he is to any other team so, unless they’re desperate for the money, I can’t see him going anywhere.
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 11:30 - Dec 4 with 2464 viewsvilanovablue

Davis does feel like one of those players we lose if we don't get promoted and still might do if we do go up. However this was always going to be the model and if it is a crazy offer we do have to take but it'll give us significant FFP headroom if happens in January. I personally don't think he is going anywhere.
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 12:14 - Dec 4 with 2359 viewsPippin1970

The value of a player is valuable to the club. Do you sell when you on crest of a wave in January or potentially sell if we don't go up. Two complete different values. They would of worked out all scenarios of best deal for a player and replacement.
Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 12:16 - Dec 4 with 2344 viewsKieran_Knows

Ndidi will stay knowing he's a free agent next summer and will absolutely coin it in when he does eventually go for free.

I think all 3 teams will strengthen, and we need to be every bit as smart (without having the kind of finances they do - so tall order!).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 12:33 - Dec 4 with 2277 viewsElephantintheRoom

The clue is probably in the word ‘relegated’

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 12:50 - Dec 4 with 2195 viewsJimmyJazz

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 11:18 - Dec 4 by tractorboy1978

It hasn't really worked out for Sinistierra though at Bournemouth. Not sure he's actually started a PL game yet

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 12:57 - Dec 4 with 2161 viewsHerbivore

It's an interesting one. Let's say we maintain the gap of 7/8 points to the two sides below us come January, that leaves them a lot of work to do over less than half a season to try and overhaul us. Psychologically that's significant for both the players themselves who might want to get back to playing top flight football and the club who will be concerned about a second season at this level. It's well and good expecting them to strengthen but they are in a very different position to us with much more of a cliff edge looming ever closer if they don't go up and with a host of players who probably don't see second tier football as their level. It's possible that all three could lose one or two in January but they will be well placed to strengthen if that is the case, just with players on slightly less ridiculous contracts but who would still probably be out of our reach.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 14:52 - Dec 4 with 1937 viewsLesta_Tractor

Some of the Leicester fans around my way are worried that Harry Winks might end up at team like Fulham or Bournemouth in January.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 20:11 - Dec 4 with 1720 viewstractordownsouth

Doubt it. These players are at big clubs already and won't see the relegation scrappers as step up. Also, none of the big boys will be interested in buying from the Championship so that probably only leaves a pool of a few clubs (Brighton, West Ham, Villa etc) as potential destinations.

Maybe Dewsbury-Hall and Summerville will get some interest from teams of that level, but beyond that I can't think of many others.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 23:17 - Dec 4 with 1576 viewsPioneerBlue

Do we think any of the relegated teams... on 11:30 - Dec 4 by vilanovablue

Davis does feel like one of those players we lose if we don't get promoted and still might do if we do go up. However this was always going to be the model and if it is a crazy offer we do have to take but it'll give us significant FFP headroom if happens in January. I personally don't think he is going anywhere.

If we are agreed that the model is to acquire develop sell let’s use more positive terms than to lose a player. If we purposefully develop then sell at significant profit that’s not a loss it’s us taking the opportunity to cash in and evolve / improve our squad through reinvestment.

I’m not seeing us lose anyone we don’t wish to move on this January, not with the start we’ve had. If the opportunity arises we may chose to sell but unlikely we start dismantling key players while competing at the top. All parties could be prepared to wait if the numbers are high enough and the interest is genuine.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024