Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The biggest game over the Christmas period 17:56 - Dec 2 with 3174 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

is Leeds away! Obviously you never know but I'd expect them to get at least 7 points from their next three games.

Don't get too distracted against mid table fodder at home (tongue in cheek) but genuinely bigger things at play now.

We really need to try and get to the 23rd with at least a 5 point buffer, hopefully we can match their tally over the next three.

Southampton have really quite favorable fixtures the rest of the month, that's scary. We just have ourselves to worry about though, if we can keep winning nothing matters I guess.
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:13 - Dec 2 with 2872 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I actually think QPR on the 29th could be massive.

Leeds play WBA at The Hawthorns the same day, which could see any benefit Leeds have picked up being wiped out. Possibly our first 'must win'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:15 - Dec 2 with 2854 viewsPowrigan

Leeds are beatable, They only beat us at Portman Road because we had that 10 minutes of madness. Nothing to fear.
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:22 - Dec 2 with 2828 viewsMullet

Leicester is way bigger by virtue of the fact it could see us go top. Leeds are 7pts behind us and GD in a season where we'd have to collapse for weeks on end to see them overcome us. The swing in form for it happen any time would be massive.

Leeds is a must not lose if possible fixture. I'm more concerned what might happen in the transfer market in January and how that affects the top 6.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:33 - Dec 2 with 2758 viewscbower

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:22 - Dec 2 by Mullet

Leicester is way bigger by virtue of the fact it could see us go top. Leeds are 7pts behind us and GD in a season where we'd have to collapse for weeks on end to see them overcome us. The swing in form for it happen any time would be massive.

Leeds is a must not lose if possible fixture. I'm more concerned what might happen in the transfer market in January and how that affects the top 6.

Are you concerned we might lose a player in the window or that we might not get our targets, or that Leeds, Leicester and Southampton might blow us out the water with their parachute cash fuelled purchases?

bluescouser

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:36 - Dec 2 with 2741 viewsMullet

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:33 - Dec 2 by cbower

Are you concerned we might lose a player in the window or that we might not get our targets, or that Leeds, Leicester and Southampton might blow us out the water with their parachute cash fuelled purchases?

All of the above and that fatigue from the past 18 months might kick in a bit too early. What we are doing is nothing short of unbelievable, we've no right crashing this party and hoping all three teams with cheat subsidies will screw up their recruitment and we won't suffer at some point either seems too much to wish for!

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:36 - Dec 2 with 2737 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our biggest game is Middlesbrough for the simple reason it is our next game. Then it becomes Watford, then Norwich. We need to worry about beating the opposition in front of us and there are no guarantees whoever they are. The others will slip up and often surprisingly so. Who would have expected Leicester to drop 2 points against Wednesday?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 19:52 - Dec 2 with 2498 viewsVegtablue

Will neutrals not put Middlesbrough as slight favourites for our next game? Mullered Sunderland, beat Leicester, last team to beat Southampton, 3-2 loss at Elland Rd today, they were clear 4th favourites for the league before a ball was kicked and have won 5 of their last 6 games at home (four wins to nil). Tough game!

Watford have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 at home. The only teams to have faced less shots this season are West Brom and Leeds - organized team with good physicality. Norwich should be 3 points at home even with the derby factor, though that brings more jeopardy than otherwise.

Not saying we shouldn't be confident we can beat anyone but it really is a tough test this December, very much including the next two away - tougher than Brum, Millers, Hudders, Bristol and QPR were on paper for sure (all close games with hindsight).
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 19:59 - Dec 2 with 2442 viewsBloomBlue

Beat Leicester at home in Dec and then draw or beat them away in mid Jan, we go top. I would say the Leicester game is bigger than the Leeds game.
Login to get fewer ads

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:13 - Dec 2 with 2394 viewsMK1

You answered your own post with your last sentence there fella.
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:36 - Dec 2 with 2299 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 19:59 - Dec 2 by BloomBlue

Beat Leicester at home in Dec and then draw or beat them away in mid Jan, we go top. I would say the Leicester game is bigger than the Leeds game.

Does only one go up then? The gap between second and third is what is all important for now.

A lot of points up for grabs before then anyway. So yes it’s one at a time and next is all important. My overall point was Leeds is shaping up to be a true 6 pointer.
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:37 - Dec 2 with 2291 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:22 - Dec 2 by Mullet

Is it more important to go top or keep as many points between us and the automatics? Not really even up for debate.
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:39 - Dec 2 with 2274 viewsjontysnut

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:15 - Dec 2 by Powrigan

Leeds are beatable, They only beat us at Portman Road because we had that 10 minutes of madness. Nothing to fear.

My lad is a Leeds fan and was at their game today. He said Leeds were average against 10 men and reckons we'll win.
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:40 - Dec 2 with 2265 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:13 - Dec 2 by MK1

You answered your own post with your last sentence there fella.

I did but fans will always look ahead as well.
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:43 - Dec 2 with 2241 viewsMullet

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:37 - Dec 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Is it more important to go top or keep as many points between us and the automatics? Not really even up for debate.

What difference does it make if we're top? If the gap has gotten small enough that being top after Leicester doesn't offset it, then one game won't be the difference as something dramatic will have happened anyway.

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:47 - Dec 2 with 2191 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:43 - Dec 2 by Mullet

What difference does it make if we're top? If the gap has gotten small enough that being top after Leicester doesn't offset it, then one game won't be the difference as something dramatic will have happened anyway.

Exactly it makes no difference if we are top or second, the gap to the automatics is what’s important not wether we can overtake Leicester, hence Leeds being huge.
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:59 - Dec 2 with 2125 viewsMullet

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:47 - Dec 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Exactly it makes no difference if we are top or second, the gap to the automatics is what’s important not wether we can overtake Leicester, hence Leeds being huge.

If us going top after beating Leicester doesn't affect the gap between us and Leeds they'll have been on a hell of a tear and we'll have lost way more than just one game.

Their form over the last 12 and last 6 games has been top 2.
Ours and Leicester's have dropped significantly by comparison. Just beating Leeds won't be enough if we don't alter those trends either side of it.

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 21:10 - Dec 2 with 2038 viewsMK1

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:40 - Dec 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I did but fans will always look ahead as well.

In that case, then keeping the gap between us and 3rd is all that matters. Let Leicester win the league by beating Leeds, WBA, Southampton etc. We only need to finish 2nd. We have a big enough buffer for the Leeds game not to be all in. 3 points is 3 points, regardless of who it is against.
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 21:18 - Dec 2 with 1975 viewsWestSussexBlue

This season’s Leeds fixture is last season’s Barnsley fixture.
Going there hoping to avoid defeat, maybe grabbing a draw knowing it’s a key game but ending up coming away with an unbelievable win!
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 22:51 - Dec 2 with 1813 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:39 - Dec 2 by jontysnut

My lad is a Leeds fan and was at their game today. He said Leeds were average against 10 men and reckons we'll win.

Funnily enough we have been average whenever we have played 10 men. It might be worth opposition managers trying that as a tactic!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 01:15 - Dec 3 with 1662 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 20:59 - Dec 2 by Mullet

If us going top after beating Leicester doesn't affect the gap between us and Leeds they'll have been on a hell of a tear and we'll have lost way more than just one game.

Their form over the last 12 and last 6 games has been top 2.
Ours and Leicester's have dropped significantly by comparison. Just beating Leeds won't be enough if we don't alter those trends either side of it.

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

Not sure how many times you can miss the point in one thread to be honest. I’m not sayings it the only came that matters am I.

Contextually it’s bigger than Leicester if they’re still below us outside the automatic promotion places but 3 or 4th. Going top isn’t it bigger than staying in the top 2, keeping that gap is crucial, it really isn’t that hard!
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 07:31 - Dec 3 with 1510 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 18:15 - Dec 2 by Powrigan

And £100+ million of attackers on the pitch.
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 07:54 - Dec 3 with 1455 viewsBigCommon

Can't see KM ear marking any of our December fixtures as "biggest". With less than half the season played. Be different if it was Easter period..
From a Town fan's point of view. Then Norwich at PR would give me the most joy to win. And dare I say, the most disappointment to lose..
Just gotta try to keep churning out points and performances, in regards to any other fixtures.
Next up Boro', without Mass and Williams. A win there would be a huge springboard. On a par with Bolton away, last season. Imo..
Eyes on the next game. A good performance will give us belief and confidence heading into the game after..
For the record, I don't think anyone in the top 6 are looking imperious atm. We have absolutely nothing to fear.. And , certainly, less pressure on us, than the big money parachute sides..
The biggest game over the Christmas period on 08:53 - Dec 3 with 1323 viewsElephantintheRoom

The table always lies because, if you haven’t heard each team plays everybody twice.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 08:54 - Dec 3 with 1321 viewsGlasgowBlue

Leeds without doubt. It’s a six pointer. It’s more important that we keep a bigger distance between us and Leeds than it is to close down or overtake Leicester.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The biggest game over the Christmas period on 08:57 - Dec 3 with 1309 viewsitfcbam

Leeds WILL be at it for our game. Ground will be very hostile, we need to pack out away end and be as noisy as possible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024