Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burgess, Wolf and Tuanzebe. 20:35 - Dec 2 with 1557 viewscbower

I can see Burgess playing every game until this Asia Cup thing with Wolf and Tuanzebe alternating so that both are fit and fairly fresh in Burgess' absence.
Luongo's enforced suspension aside, I reckon he will start every game until the Asia Cup too.

bluescouser

Burgess, Wolf and Tuanzebe. on 21:17 - Dec 2 with 1417 viewsGlasgowBlue

Woolf has come on leaps and bounds and has a big future ahead of him. However, he needs to work on his concentration. Totally lost his man for their disallowed goal and followed it up with two sloppy passes that pout us under a lot of pressure.

I think we will be seeing a lot more of Tuanzebe.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Burgess, Wolf and Tuanzebe. on 22:47 - Dec 2 with 1248 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely your argument that Woolf and Tuanzebe are rotating in order to both be up to speed to cover Burgess would suggest that Taylor should be given plenty of game time too.

I think there may be an element of that but the main thinking is putting the strongest team out whilst not over-working players that might have a tendency for injury alongside utilising players for particular situations.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Burgess, Wolf and Tuanzebe. on 22:57 - Dec 2 with 1221 viewspointofblue

The only thing is, wouldn't it make sense to let Woolfenden and Tuanzebe play together and build an understanding? Rather than start a new centre back pairing in mid January and hoping it works, with very little time to try and rectify in the transfer market if it doesn't.

Considering Wright's pedigree, I thought Woolfenden did well today. As said above, his actual defending is really good now but sometimes can lose concentration when passing. But then, we really rely on him to start moves when he's there - he was the first outfield player on the ball, and got it back again, in the lead up to Burns' goal.

Perhaps we should consider how we played against Millwall, as Tuanzebe wasn't so instrumental in our forward play but we were still effective. It would take some pressure off Woolfenden then.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burgess, Wolf and Tuanzebe. on 00:04 - Dec 3 with 1098 viewsWicklowBlue

Will Baggott get some minutes too? Surely he is on an upwards trajectory? Great that we have competition in these areas which we haven't had before.
Burgess, Wolf and Tuanzebe. on 02:47 - Dec 3 with 1004 viewsKievthegreat

Burgess, Wolf and Tuanzebe. on 00:04 - Dec 3 by WicklowBlue

Will Baggott get some minutes too? Surely he is on an upwards trajectory? Great that we have competition in these areas which we haven't had before.

Seeing as he'll be at the tournament with Burgess, I don't see it being super useful feeding him in tot he backline as well.
Burgess, Wolf and Tuanzebe. on 05:34 - Dec 3 with 941 viewsfranz_tyson

Not one mention of Edmundson in the thread. Is he about to be sold? Has he slid behind Baggott in the pecking order? Although not left-footed, he could well be the next LCB in line. Not sure how well Woolf or Tuanzebe can cope on the left side. Wouldn't rule out Edmundson as LCB cover for Burgess.
Burgess, Wolf and Tuanzebe. on 08:04 - Dec 3 with 810 viewsEssexBloo

Burgess, Wolf and Tuanzebe. on 22:47 - Dec 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Surely your argument that Woolf and Tuanzebe are rotating in order to both be up to speed to cover Burgess would suggest that Taylor should be given plenty of game time too.

I think there may be an element of that but the main thinking is putting the strongest team out whilst not over-working players that might have a tendency for injury alongside utilising players for particular situations.

I think we will be getting a ‘premier league ready’ central midfielder in January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024