Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been a bit stressed this afternoon, nothing major at all but... 18:12 - Nov 16 with 4046 viewsNthQldITFC

...may I, to anyone else who's feeling a bit sh!tty, recommend this fabulous youtube playlist, a mix of Jamaican and British ska. It's just fkn fabulous and so relaxing and many tracks I'd never heard before.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Been a bit stressed this afternoon, nothing major at all but... on 17:21 - Nov 17 with 832 viewsEdwardStone

My Feel Good Friday song..... a Trojan original with dance by Rowan Atkinson, Max Wall, the Russian Imperial Guard and various others

Been a bit stressed this afternoon, nothing major at all but... on 18:29 - Nov 17 with 791 viewsnorfsufblue

What great afternoon I've had listening to that..... I bed and breakfast man and In the middle of the night by Madnees but The Specials will always be my favourites...some good old rude boy ska in there too..
Been a bit stressed this afternoon, nothing major at all but... on 19:17 - Nov 17 with 767 viewsNthQldITFC

Been a bit stressed this afternoon, nothing major at all but... on 17:18 - Nov 17 by Swansea_Blue

“FFS! All I want to do is reach that piece of carrot.”

"Oh nuts! I've left my wallet on the sideboard."

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Been a bit stressed this afternoon, nothing major at all but... on 19:49 - Nov 17 with 744 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m feeling a bit down tonight tbh after cbower’s post. He’s one of us innit, but I feel a bit useless as you can’t do anything.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Been a bit stressed this afternoon, nothing major at all but... on 21:28 - Nov 17 with 714 viewsDJR

Been a bit stressed this afternoon, nothing major at all but... on 16:47 - Nov 17 by noggin

Not SKA but the best political song of all time imho.

Not the first song to contain the lyrics "Free Mandela". This from an earlier version of the Corries, with lyrics by the great Hamish Henderson to the marching song of the international brigade in Spain. The name of the song Men of Rivonia comes from the Rivonia Trial at which Mandela and others were sentenced. The song was written in 1964 shortly after the trial.

[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 21:40]
Been a bit stressed this afternoon, nothing major at all but... on 23:19 - Nov 18 with 617 viewsWeWereZombies

Listened to all of that now, quite a few new to me as well (although I knew 'On My Radio' already so there wasn't really a need to have that in the playlist twice...) When I bought this on release in 1971 I thought I was buying this new reggae stuff but actually this is ska:

Edit: I notice that the photo to accompany the track on the YouTube is actually of the B-side, it was one of those rare singles that had a different artist on each side and I have been trying to remember the name and artist of the B-side (the single having long been passed to my sister, purloined by a brother or generally lost or broken.) Found it on YouTube now but it is proper reggae so I won't post it here.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2023 23:25]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Been a bit stressed this afternoon, nothing major at all but... on 09:20 - Nov 19 with 571 viewsWeWereZombies

Also, can't remember there being any Laurie Aitken on that playlist, so:

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024