Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Targets 15:11 - Nov 15 with 7629 viewsCityBlue

I think we are al in agreement that number one priority sits with another striker. (Midfield upgrade next season).

Who are the early contenders?

Do we go for an inform Championship striker (Smodicz) or are we looking at an out of favour EPL player/up and coming EFL1/2 player?

Who are the candidates?

I T I D

January Transfer Window Targets on 15:14 - Nov 15 with 5778 viewsTractorCam

I liked the look of Muniz of Fulham the other week, third choice there.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

January Transfer Window Targets on 15:54 - Nov 15 with 5648 viewsmonty_radio

January Transfer Window Targets on 15:14 - Nov 15 by TractorCam

I liked the look of Muniz of Fulham the other week, third choice there.

From the other side of the ground, and hearing not being as good as once was, I thought they were chanting ULEZ, ULEZ - which, I confess, did puzzle me somewhat.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

January Transfer Window Targets on 18:21 - Nov 15 with 5387 viewsWickets

Smodicz is an excellent player who we tried to sign once before . I think we are looking at a Centre back !
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 19:04]
January Transfer Window Targets on 18:25 - Nov 15 with 5371 viewstortoise

I look at it as, which player can we least do without. I would say the answer is Morsy… so I’d like to see a top quality defensive midfielder come in. After that I’d agree with centre forward as Hirst seems integral to how we play and we don’t seem to have a like for like replacement.
January Transfer Window Targets on 18:29 - Nov 15 with 5343 viewsDarkBrandon

January Transfer Window Targets on 18:25 - Nov 15 by tortoise

I look at it as, which player can we least do without. I would say the answer is Morsy… so I’d like to see a top quality defensive midfielder come in. After that I’d agree with centre forward as Hirst seems integral to how we play and we don’t seem to have a like for like replacement.

I too would view a new central midfielder and another striker as our primary targets.

I’d put a striker as a higher priority than a midfielder, but I agree Morsy is massively influential for us.

I assume we will see Humphrey’s and Baggott go out on loan to make space. And possible Evans drop out of the squad
January Transfer Window Targets on 18:36 - Nov 15 with 5324 viewsSheffordBlue

January Transfer Window Targets on 18:29 - Nov 15 by DarkBrandon

I too would view a new central midfielder and another striker as our primary targets.

I’d put a striker as a higher priority than a midfielder, but I agree Morsy is massively influential for us.

I assume we will see Humphrey’s and Baggott go out on loan to make space. And possible Evans drop out of the squad

With Baggott away at the Asia Cup for most of January at least I think it might be quite tricky to get him a loan. The group stages don't finish until the 29th and there's a good chance that Indonesia will get through them. The loaning club would be agreeing to take someone and using up a registration slot for someone who could get injured before they even arrive at the club.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

January Transfer Window Targets on 18:50 - Nov 15 with 5253 viewsMK1

Think 3 will be looked at. RB/CM/CF. Smodicz would cost close or upwards of £10million, so no. Reckon we will be looking for Premier League loans or gems from bottom end Championship/Top half league one. I have no names, sorry.
January Transfer Window Targets on 18:57 - Nov 15 with 5208 viewsBlueBoots

Feel bad for Evans, but if he's unlikely to get fit until the last few games of the season we really need that space in the squad; personally, I'd be seeing if we can bring back El Miz to get an idea of whether or not he could potentially be a long term replacement for Morsy (maybe offer to loan Humphreys to Leyton Orient to soften the blow) If Morsy is fit, he plays, so would be incredibly hard to find a player at his level who is going to be happy to join us to sit on the bench.

Scarlett has started to look effective as a No.10, so think we need another No.9; would be a lot to ask for Hirst to carry us to the end of the season (Ladapo has been useful off the bench in a number of games, but really need the insurance of another No.9). Need an extra space in the squad for that, but who knows who that will be; may get a situation like in the last window where Edwards / Leigh decided they wanted to move on for more game time.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 7:38]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Targets on 19:04 - Nov 15 with 5165 viewsDarkBrandon

January Transfer Window Targets on 18:57 - Nov 15 by BlueBoots

Feel bad for Evans, but if he's unlikely to get fit until the last few games of the season we really need that space in the squad; personally, I'd be seeing if we can bring back El Miz to get an idea of whether or not he could potentially be a long term replacement for Morsy (maybe offer to loan Humphreys to Leyton Orient to soften the blow) If Morsy is fit, he plays, so would be incredibly hard to find a player at his level who is going to be happy to join us to sit on the bench.

Scarlett has started to look effective as a No.10, so think we need another No.9; would be a lot to ask for Hirst to carry us to the end of the season (Ladapo has been useful off the bench in a number of games, but really need the insurance of another No.9). Need an extra space in the squad for that, but who knows who that will be; may get a situation like in the last window where Edwards / Leigh decided they wanted to move on for more game time.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 7:38]

I guess it isn’t impossible that if we get a striker in Ladapo himself might be moved on.
January Transfer Window Targets on 19:16 - Nov 15 with 5080 viewscressi

January Transfer Window Targets on 15:54 - Nov 15 by monty_radio

From the other side of the ground, and hearing not being as good as once was, I thought they were chanting ULEZ, ULEZ - which, I confess, did puzzle me somewhat.

I don't see Baggott or Humpreys going out more likely Evans deregister Aluko maybe coaching team. And Freddie leaves is better quality comes in as won't get many minutes. Will be interesting think 3 in myself.
January Transfer Window Targets on 19:27 - Nov 15 with 5033 viewsBigCommon

Striker, who will play 2nd fiddle to Hirst, so probably a loan.
LB as quality back up to Leif, so probably a loan.
Solid DM .. Wouldn't mind some experience here. Possibly a Prem' fringe player?

Not sure if there are many ,current L1 players that would fill the void.. But someone like Efron Mason-Clarke at Posh, might be useful?.. Athletic, pacey, 24yrs old, can play as a striker or LW/LAM....

I'm being conservative with transfer expectations.. If we made an exciting big signing, then great. But I'm not "expecting" it..
January Transfer Window Targets on 19:45 - Nov 15 with 4940 viewsipswichtillidie

Space can be free in this squad quite easily for me.
RB - Donacian (sold/released)
CB - Baggott (Loan)
CM - Evans (injury), Humphries (Loan)
AM - Aluko (Coach)
ST - Ladapo (sold)

I make that 6 spots we could clear if needed. Suspect we will go priority no9
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 19:47]

Gav

January Transfer Window Targets on 19:59 - Nov 15 with 4816 viewsWeWereZombies

I still have pipe dreams of Simms realising he has made the wrong move and somehow McKenna thinks that too, the agent makes contact and we get the eight million quid man for a knockdown three and once in the building he starts knocking in goals for fun. But I think I am wrong.

One summer move that puzzled me was Kevin Nisbet fetching up at Millwall, I thought he could do better. Like Simms he has only scored a couple of goals so far but with the right coaching and development in the right team I think he could be a Premier League centre forward, a fraction of the price of Simms and to my mind more of a McKenna type of player. It takes a while for some players to make the transition from Scottish Premiership to English top two divisions but if you look at how Odsonne Édouard is settling in at Palace now I think you can see that there are gems about. Ryan Christie is starting to perform well at Bournemouth too. Nisbet has even more potential if kept fit and getting the right encouragement.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

January Transfer Window Targets on 19:59 - Nov 15 with 4812 viewsParky

Rhian Brewster
Tim Iroegbunam
January Transfer Window Targets on 20:07 - Nov 15 with 4775 viewsWicklowBlue

January Transfer Window Targets on 19:45 - Nov 15 by ipswichtillidie

CB - Baggott (Loan)
AM - Aluko (Coach)
ST - Ladapo (sold)

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there interest in Ladapo during the closed season? IF we had to make way for another striker, Ladapo would command a fee? But does that still leave us light at no. 9?

I still think Janoi has utility value as backup across a number of positions.

Agree on Evans, Humphries needs game time and experience need to treat him well.

What about a move/loan for Ball? He doesn't look like getting any real game time bar perhaps FA Cup. Thar would free up a space for a Morsy backup along with Taylor/Luongo.
January Transfer Window Targets on 20:18 - Nov 15 with 4722 viewsMookamoo

January Transfer Window Targets on 19:59 - Nov 15 by Parky

Rhian Brewster
Tim Iroegbunam

I was thinking Iroegbunam fits the model we are looking for. Young, not fancied too much by his club, few injury issues that have stopped him progressing at far as his early promise suggested. Possibly able to get him on a low upfront cost with promotion add-ons.
January Transfer Window Targets on 20:32 - Nov 15 with 4643 viewscressi

January Transfer Window Targets on 20:18 - Nov 15 by Mookamoo

I was thinking Iroegbunam fits the model we are looking for. Young, not fancied too much by his club, few injury issues that have stopped him progressing at far as his early promise suggested. Possibly able to get him on a low upfront cost with promotion add-ons.

What about Chris Wood or kiefer Moore couple of ex old boys?
January Transfer Window Targets on 20:46 - Nov 15 with 4546 viewsipswichtillidie

January Transfer Window Targets on 20:07 - Nov 15 by WicklowBlue

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there interest in Ladapo during the closed season? IF we had to make way for another striker, Ladapo would command a fee? But does that still leave us light at no. 9?

I still think Janoi has utility value as backup across a number of positions.

Agree on Evans, Humphries needs game time and experience need to treat him well.

What about a move/loan for Ball? He doesn't look like getting any real game time bar perhaps FA Cup. Thar would free up a space for a Morsy backup along with Taylor/Luongo.

Yes interest in Ladapo. Derby I think. A fee in the region of 500k id imagine.
I think Ball has too many strings to his bow and is too versatile to let go. Can cover FB, CB as well as midfield.

Gav

January Transfer Window Targets on 21:25 - Nov 15 with 4396 viewsSitfcB

Brereton-Diaz

Jay Stansfield

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

January Transfer Window Targets on 21:45 - Nov 15 with 4321 viewsPioneerBlue

I’m tending to agree with those highlighting areas of weakness or areas where we run the risk of biggest drop off in the event of injury, so

Jan

Striker
LB
CM

Could push to summer
Air to Burns

Probably in this order.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

January Transfer Window Targets on 22:05 - Nov 15 with 4239 viewsjayessess

January Transfer Window Targets on 19:45 - Nov 15 by ipswichtillidie

CB - Baggott (Loan)
AM - Aluko (Coach)
ST - Ladapo (sold)

Neither Humphries nor Baggott are currently count as part of our squad limit, so sending them on loan wouldn't free up any spots.

We need four full backs, so if Donacien went out we'd need another one (or we'd need to accept Ball or Humphreys as the 4th).

We've shown no inclination to deregister injured players, don't think we will with Evans.

That leaves probably Aluko and Ladapo. I thought it was confusing that we'd registered Aluko in the first place and he's not even appeared on the bench in the league, so you'd assume that's doable.

Ladapo, maybe. I think we'd have to be careful about we organise that recruitment personally. We are relatively fortunate to have an experienced striker as a squad player.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 10:22]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

January Transfer Window Targets on 22:39 - Nov 15 with 4089 viewsKieran_Knows

January Transfer Window Targets on 20:32 - Nov 15 by cressi

What about Chris Wood or kiefer Moore couple of ex old boys?

Why do people keep suggesting Moore? He’d be the worst possible fit for this team.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

January Transfer Window Targets on 22:54 - Nov 15 with 4033 viewsNutkins_Return

January Transfer Window Targets on 18:25 - Nov 15 by tortoise

Luongo could fill in for Morsy with Taylor taking the Luongo role but I do agree with you. In this window or the next we need to find that player to be Morsy's long term successor (phased in similarly to Taylor).

El Mix might be able to make serious progress and step up but if we did go up it's too much to ask. Think we look at him more fondly because he is ours.
January Transfer Window Targets on 23:11 - Nov 15 with 3957 viewsWicklowBlue

January Transfer Window Targets on 20:46 - Nov 15 by ipswichtillidie

Yes interest in Ladapo. Derby I think. A fee in the region of 500k id imagine.
I think Ball has too many strings to his bow and is too versatile to let go. Can cover FB, CB as well as midfield.

Re. Ball, similar to Janoi in terms of versatility in terms of positions. It will come down to where we need versatility versus quality and pushing the squad forward.

Time will tell...
January Transfer Window Targets on 23:37 - Nov 15 with 3897 viewsipswichtillidie

January Transfer Window Targets on 22:05 - Nov 15 by jayessess

Neither Humphries nor Baggott are currently count as part of our squad limit, so sending them on loan wouldn't free up any spots.

We need four full backs, so if Donacien went out we'd need another one (or we'd need to accept Ball or Humphreys as the 4th).

We've shown no inclination to deregister injured players, don't think we will with Evans.

That leaves probably Aluko and Ladapo. I thought it was confusing that we'd registered Aluko in the first place and he's not even appeared on the bench in the league, so you'd assume that's doable.

Ladapo, maybe. I think we'd have to be careful about we organise that recruitment personally. We are relatively fortunate to have an experienced striker as a squad player.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 10:22]

Yes correct I missed that.. both Under age limit so free members of the squad.. 👍🏽

Gav

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024