Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Humphreys 10:09 - Nov 10 with 1705 viewsRobTheMonk

I've been interested in his development over this past year.

He came in and played alongside Morsy in League 1 when our midfield were dropping like flies. Did okay to start, but was perhaps playing too many games too soon and looked gassed towards his run in the team which was to be expected.

Then he played a little further forward for a few cup games and looked pretty decent in that role.

Now being used as a backup left back.

Where do we see him being in January (here or a loan) and playing in what position?
Cameron Humphreys on 10:19 - Nov 10 with 1644 viewsDubtractor

I think I'd like to see him getting some games on loan.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us shuffle the pack in midfield in January.

Ball isn't good enough in my opinion, and a move would probably suit him and us as he's not playing. Taylor is now starting to look up to speed and I think we'll see more of him from here on.

I think most of us feel that another midfielder in the Morsy mould is a must from January too.

So loan Humphreys to get proper game time.
Ball to move on.
A new signing to then complement Morsy, Luongo and Taylor.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Cameron Humphreys on 10:43 - Nov 10 with 1558 viewsTractorCam

As you were, he will stay here for the season and cover across all those positions when needed. A very handy player to have.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cameron Humphreys on 11:09 - Nov 10 with 1477 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I am going to be controversial and suggest that I want to see both he and Baggott get introduced into the league here as the season progresses. I believe Humphries could be one of our best ever academy products and we need to bring him up and utilize his talent here, he's already had a season in League One and was more than comfortable at that level, we hear about this being a squad game, both our central midfielders are not the youngest and we should be able to start Humphries in games against the lesser sides in this league ahead of Mass as and when required. Humphries played just fine with Morsy before, sure I wouldn't make that call against say Leicester, but having that young fire, willing to break in the team, and so play against teams like Rotherham and QPR at home, yes, we should be thinking about that. If he's struggling, make the change at half time or on 60 mins.

I feel the same with Baggott, all this talk of Axel T. coming good when Baggott has looked like a real player, and someone with that level head and presence at the back when we are giving away a few silly, chaotic goals, he could be integrated into the team as the season goes on. Baggott was the only player from the League Cup game with Fulham that walked away with any real credit, he looked the part, he's already playing as an international regularly too.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2023 11:10]
Cameron Humphreys on 15:26 - Nov 10 with 1121 viewsReus30

Cameron Humphreys on 11:09 - Nov 10 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I am going to be controversial and suggest that I want to see both he and Baggott get introduced into the league here as the season progresses. I believe Humphries could be one of our best ever academy products and we need to bring him up and utilize his talent here, he's already had a season in League One and was more than comfortable at that level, we hear about this being a squad game, both our central midfielders are not the youngest and we should be able to start Humphries in games against the lesser sides in this league ahead of Mass as and when required. Humphries played just fine with Morsy before, sure I wouldn't make that call against say Leicester, but having that young fire, willing to break in the team, and so play against teams like Rotherham and QPR at home, yes, we should be thinking about that. If he's struggling, make the change at half time or on 60 mins.

I feel the same with Baggott, all this talk of Axel T. coming good when Baggott has looked like a real player, and someone with that level head and presence at the back when we are giving away a few silly, chaotic goals, he could be integrated into the team as the season goes on. Baggott was the only player from the League Cup game with Fulham that walked away with any real credit, he looked the part, he's already playing as an international regularly too.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2023 11:10]

I don't think that's controversial as I am in the same train of thought. They both offer different skills and excited about the potential of both. Game time this season for both would be ideal and I honestly don't think they would struggle either. Both have looked tidy in the minutes they have played this season.
Cameron Humphreys on 15:52 - Nov 10 with 1062 viewsharveybell05

I would personally love him to go on loan with the instructions of developing into a left-back. He's the passing ability and the build to really take to that role and we could mould him into exactly that ready for when Leif eventually moves on, which of course i am hoping is not too soon!
Cameron Humphreys on 16:01 - Nov 10 with 1033 viewsgosblue

It probably depends on whether or not we can get a top notch midfielder through the door in January, as well as where we see him best placed for his development. Humphreys and Baggott will be top Town players for years to come so no rush. Baggott isn’t likely to get League minutes this season since Tuanzebe has come good, so is more likely to be loaned out. Neither are included in the 25 man squad due to their age so it is more important to offload a couple of older players to make way for a couple of signings. We’ve also been fairly lucky with injuries thus far so fingers crossed on that front too.
Cameron Humphreys on 19:00 - Nov 10 with 877 viewsSheffordBlue

Cameron Humphreys on 16:01 - Nov 10 by gosblue

It probably depends on whether or not we can get a top notch midfielder through the door in January, as well as where we see him best placed for his development. Humphreys and Baggott will be top Town players for years to come so no rush. Baggott isn’t likely to get League minutes this season since Tuanzebe has come good, so is more likely to be loaned out. Neither are included in the 25 man squad due to their age so it is more important to offload a couple of older players to make way for a couple of signings. We’ve also been fairly lucky with injuries thus far so fingers crossed on that front too.

With Baggott away on international duty for most of January I think we might do well to get him a loan.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Cameron Humphreys on 19:07 - Nov 10 with 866 viewsNutkins_Return

Cameron Humphreys on 10:19 - Nov 10 by Dubtractor

I think I'd like to see him getting some games on loan.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us shuffle the pack in midfield in January.

Ball isn't good enough in my opinion, and a move would probably suit him and us as he's not playing. Taylor is now starting to look up to speed and I think we'll see more of him from here on.

I think most of us feel that another midfielder in the Morsy mould is a must from January too.

So loan Humphreys to get proper game time.
Ball to move on.
A new signing to then complement Morsy, Luongo and Taylor.

Both him and Baggott need to go out on loan in Jan. Things it's essentially essential really for their own development.

We will spend in Jan. I think given our position you would be man not to follow the exact strategy we did last year relative to now being Champ.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024