Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January 13:48 - Nov 2 with 4623 viewswkj

Lets hear em en'

I know we discussed Armstrong and Whittaker a bit this season, so I will omit those from my own scouting list. A player who has impressed in L1 this season is Charlton's Blackett-Taylor. 26 years of age, 5 goals, 5 assists and I believe he's out of contract in the summer with this season being his extension year.

He didn't look to bad against us either. This might not be the calibre of signing we're needing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that he'd been on our scouting radar.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 16:27 - Nov 2 with 1300 viewscbower

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:37 - Nov 2 by catch74

I think quite a few were talking about Sinclair- Armstrong after the QPR game. Raw talent, McKenna would be perfect for him. Sounds like QPR are trying to tie him down to a 5 year deal, whilst Palace and Celtic keeping tabs on him.

Certainly looked one for the future when we played them. A real handful. Bet they'll want at least 5 million though.

bluescouser

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 18:43 - Nov 2 with 1186 viewsBlueBoots

Would be good to have a natural leftie as backup for Davis...like the look of that Leigh fella at Oxford...

Miles Leaburn at Charlton looks very promising, but would be out of our budget: rumours he may sign for a Prem club next transfer window - possibly another that Chelsea will stockpile, so sure they'd be happy to loan him to us bearing in mind how Omari is progressing. I think he'd be a better fit for our system as a Hirst backup than Scarlett. If we could actually sign another very experienced No.9 as well that could help develop Hirst's game (even just a loan until the end of the season), that would be a good insurance policy to keep us in the promotion mix.

Also think Evans is unlikely to be back much before the tail end of the season, so we need another DM; if we were scouting around for promising young ones in L1, if El Miz wasn't already our own, I'm sure we'd be looking at him, so wouldn't be too upset at a recall.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 19:00 - Nov 2 with 1159 viewsmanagement

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:01 - Nov 2 by _clive_baker_

He's so good. I still don't understand why Villa let him go for £5m. Of course they're doing very well so perhaps don't need him now but he looked unplayable at Cardiff last season, England U21 international, it just seems like such a bargain when you consider how good he might be. Just looks a player destined to play premier league football if you ask me.

Think i heard Villa had a very big sell on percentage or a buy back option at a reasonable fee. Villa know he is a decent player but the player wanted first team footy, so accommodated an all round good deal for all parties.
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 19:51 - Nov 2 with 1114 viewsMattinLondon

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 19:00 - Nov 2 by management

Think i heard Villa had a very big sell on percentage or a buy back option at a reasonable fee. Villa know he is a decent player but the player wanted first team footy, so accommodated an all round good deal for all parties.

If a club has a buy back option but the player refuses to go back to that club does that make the option worthless?
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 00:00 - Nov 3 with 1023 viewsBigCommon

Striker,
D/CM
Maybe loan an exciting back up for Broadhead, in the mold of Hutchinson.

Lots of talk about our wing backs on this thread.. Personally think we are well covered. And pretty much anyone we could get in, or have in the building already , would be a slight drop off on Leif at LB, imo. So its harsh to judge them against Davis. I like the idea of improving Humph' in that position. As mentioned, he has a decent engine, and a class left foot for delivering into the box..
As it stands we have, Williams, Clarke, Tuanzebe, Jackson and JD that could all play RB/RWB.. Thats 5 possibles.
Leif, Williams, Clarke, Humph' as LB/LWB options.. Thats 4 possibles..

Its up front we need more options... Not sure how long we can wait for Scarlett to come good.. I'd love it to happen. But early signs are, that hes below the expected curve..
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 06:59 - Nov 3 with 939 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 19:00 - Nov 2 by management

Philogene is certainly some player - but does he have the right attitude for us? All I know is that he seems to be selfish on the pitch and looks like he thinks he is better than everyone else. Didn't seem to want to celebrate goals with the other players. Whoever we get, they have to be the right personality and buy into the philosophy that the team is greater than the sum of the parts.

Poll: would you rather

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 08:16 - Nov 3 with 891 viewskeanekipper

adam randell from Plymouth as always impressed me, long term replacement for morsy.
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 09:51 - Nov 3 with 839 viewsjayessess

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 16:27 - Nov 2 by cbower

Certainly looked one for the future when we played them. A real handful. Bet they'll want at least 5 million though.

He's got 1 goal in 35 appearances for QPR.

Think there's a bit of Ahadme Syndrome going on when he gets discussed. He had a good game against us but he's not anywhere near the level required to push us over the line really.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 09:55 - Nov 3 with 835 viewstractorboy1978

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 09:51 - Nov 3 by jayessess

He's got 1 goal in 35 appearances for QPR.

Think there's a bit of Ahadme Syndrome going on when he gets discussed. He had a good game against us but he's not anywhere near the level required to push us over the line really.

Spot on. He looks a player and will probably have a good career, but not what we need right now. In January we won't have 6 months to develop a player. We need a striker with some pedigree that can hit the ground running.
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 10:18 - Nov 3 with 809 viewsbluestandard

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:45 - Nov 2 by tractorboy1978

I think really think we should be priming Humphreys to play that LWB role. He's got an incredible engine, great delivery and fairly combative. Played that role a fair bit in the youth teams. If we continue to progress, it is going to get harder and harder for him to break through in the CM or CAM positions.

I'd like to think that Humphreys and Taylor are being primed for the CM / CAM spots. Its one of the only areas on the pitch where we don't rotate much. Both are training with the first team every week and must be taking on board a phenomenal amount of good coaching. With McKenna's abilities in this regard, I would really back one or both to be knocking on the door very soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024