Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For Tuanzebe, see Luongo 12:22 - Nov 1 with 9112 viewsMaySixth

We have got him fit.

If we can keep him fit, Tuanzebe will make a similarly massive impact like Luongo.

Where others have dallied, we have backed the players and ourselves to get him right.

We have the sports science resources and coaching to keep him on the park.

6'3" and built like a man mountain

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:15 - Nov 1 with 1972 viewsReusersTown

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 14:26 - Nov 1 by FrimleyBlue

Just don't think people look at situation properly. It's not comparable with Luongo in anyway and we're just praying his body has suddenly woke up to being a footballer.

Fingers crossed it has, he looks an incredible talent, but at the moment it looks like a waste of money and a squad place.

You never learn do you?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 18:12]
For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:17 - Nov 1 with 1962 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 16:39 - Nov 1 by FrimleyBlue

I'm excited to see him playing for us. And if he's able to he will imo be one of the best players at the club.

Being able to play him for a run of games isn't something I see happening based on his injury record.

I really hope I'm wrong as he's got incredible talent. But his body seems broken.

Don't need to be a manager to appreciate how long he's had out of football.

The point is the manager and the staff (including physios, doctors etc.) deemed him worth a contract. So they see him able to play a run of games even if you don't.

"at the moment it looks like a waste of money and a squad place"
- the absolute arrogance that you think you know better than these professionals is astonishing.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:21 - Nov 1 with 1938 viewsEly_Blue

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:15 - Nov 1 by ReusersTown

You never learn do you?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 18:12]

Glass is always at least half empty with our Frimmers, we all know what his opinions of McKenna are so it’s not surprising he doesn’t like the signings!

As an aside Frimmers what was your opinion of Williams before he played for us? I cba to trawl back through all of your guff from the last 3 months to find out

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:25 - Nov 1 with 1933 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:17 - Nov 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

The point is the manager and the staff (including physios, doctors etc.) deemed him worth a contract. So they see him able to play a run of games even if you don't.

- the absolute arrogance that you think you know better than these professionals is astonishing.

This feels a bit harsh.

He hasn't done anything yet has he? It is true! (Though the language by Frimmers is typically trenchant!).

I think it is pretty fair comment. We've waited 8 weeks, that is quite a while to get someone fit. It does look like a gamble at the moment.
I'm really looking forward to.... on 17:25 - Nov 1 with 1931 viewsVic

I'm really looking forward to.... on 12:37 - Nov 1 by Bloots

....all the yokels that sit near me trying to pronounce his name tonight.

Lovely stuff.

Well, I for one don;t know.

Is it Tuanzebe?

Or Tuanzebe?

Or even Tuanzebe?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:29 - Nov 1 with 1905 viewsFrimleyBlue

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:17 - Nov 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Lol look at you.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This one's a win-win for you innit buh on 17:32 - Nov 1 with 1903 viewsDyland

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 14:26 - Nov 1 by FrimleyBlue

Just don't think people look at situation properly. It's not comparable with Luongo in anyway and we're just praying his body has suddenly woke up to being a footballer.

Fingers crossed it has, he looks an incredible talent, but at the moment it looks like a waste of money and a squad place.

Skillz

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:32 - Nov 1 with 1903 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:25 - Nov 1 by CBMTOBWMMBG

This feels a bit harsh.

He hasn't done anything yet has he? It is true! (Though the language by Frimmers is typically trenchant!).

I think it is pretty fair comment. We've waited 8 weeks, that is quite a while to get someone fit. It does look like a gamble at the moment.

No, sorry, "at the moment it looks like a waste of money and a squad place" is not a fair comment given the experts (i.e. not Frimmers) deemed him worthy of money and a squad place.

Login to get fewer ads

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:33 - Nov 1 with 1900 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:29 - Nov 1 by FrimleyBlue

Lol look at you.

?

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:35 - Nov 1 with 1886 viewsFrimleyBlue

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:21 - Nov 1 by Ely_Blue

Glass is always at least half empty with our Frimmers, we all know what his opinions of McKenna are so it’s not surprising he doesn’t like the signings!

As an aside Frimmers what was your opinion of Williams before he played for us? I cba to trawl back through all of your guff from the last 3 months to find out

I liked williams still do.

I like KM.

I haven't said I don't like tuenzebe. He's potentially again the best player at the club.

But his history. Which again is based on 9 years worth of football, doesn't show a player who can regularly play the game. And in a world of ffp and squad places.. I'm suprised we've filled it with a player with such a bad injury history.

Let's hope I'm wrong. I really hope I am as he's a wonderful player when he plays.

Waka waka eh eh

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:38 - Nov 1 with 1887 viewsDyland

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:32 - Nov 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, sorry, "at the moment it looks like a waste of money and a squad place" is not a fair comment given the experts (i.e. not Frimmers) deemed him worthy of money and a squad place.

... and in the context of the current squad, who else was available to bring in, money, etc. I agree with you but Frimmers hasn't said anything especially ridiculous, he's just wrong. You're playing the man methinks.

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:39 - Nov 1 with 1872 viewsFrimleyBlue

You do know experts do make mistakes.

Utd gave him a new contract.
He made 9 appearences after that.

We signed camara. He needed a 3rd operation.. he's now injured again and then again.. our same experts signed him.

Waka waka eh eh

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:43 - Nov 1 with 1870 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Ok, and we have no idea how valuable he is already being behind the scenes at training with his experience.

Let's see.

Fingers crossed this is another Luongo (what a masterstroke) rather than another Camara (poor guy injured again last night).
For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:46 - Nov 1 with 1859 viewsEwan_Oozami

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:39 - Nov 1 by FrimleyBlue

You do know experts do make mistakes.

Utd gave him a new contract.
He made 9 appearences after that.

We signed camara. He needed a 3rd operation.. he's now injured again and then again.. our same experts signed him.

Do you have a terrible pain in all the diodes down your left side at all?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:51 - Nov 1 with 1831 viewsFrimleyBlue

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:46 - Nov 1 by Ewan_Oozami

Do you have a terrible pain in all the diodes down your left side at all?

Hey marvin

Waka waka eh eh

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 18:10 - Nov 1 with 1815 viewsVic

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:38 - Nov 1 by Dyland

... and in the context of the current squad, who else was available to bring in, money, etc. I agree with you but Frimmers hasn't said anything especially ridiculous, he's just wrong. You're playing the man methinks.

I don’t see Frimmers comments unless I’m offline - which Unfortunately I was for a little while!

I think the point is that at this point there is absolutely nothing on which to judge him here at Town. He literally hasn’t played so how can we even speculate if he’s a waste or not? The people at the club obviously see enough to think he’s worth taking a punt so I think we just need to wait to see what happens. It just feels to me to early to make the sort of comments Frimmers has in this thread.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 18:17 - Nov 1 with 1788 viewsReusersTown

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 18:10 - Nov 1 by Vic

I don’t see Frimmers comments unless I’m offline - which Unfortunately I was for a little while!

I think the point is that at this point there is absolutely nothing on which to judge him here at Town. He literally hasn’t played so how can we even speculate if he’s a waste or not? The people at the club obviously see enough to think he’s worth taking a punt so I think we just need to wait to see what happens. It just feels to me to early to make the sort of comments Frimmers has in this thread.

Added to the fact that Tuenzebe is following the exact path to fitness we were expecting when we signed him, what is the point of Frimley's comment? other than to be needlessly negative, most likely in an attempt to claim he's some football genius down the line.
For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 18:18 - Nov 1 with 1777 viewsFrimleyBlue

I made the same comment when we signed him.
We've had 2 months of paying salary with 0 football played. ( which we knew of. But have still had to pay for )

So yes at the MOMENT I still feel its a waste of money and a squad place.

You are correct. Let's see how he gets on however now he's overcome this recent injury.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 18:23]

Waka waka eh eh

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 18:22 - Nov 1 with 1766 viewsFrimleyBlue

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 18:17 - Nov 1 by ReusersTown

Added to the fact that Tuenzebe is following the exact path to fitness we were expecting when we signed him, what is the point of Frimley's comment? other than to be needlessly negative, most likely in an attempt to claim he's some football genius down the line.

Keno is well aware of the levels of genius thank you.

Also. If he doesn't work out. You don't need to be a genius to look up his injury history and form an opinion about it.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 18:29]

Waka waka eh eh

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 18:35 - Nov 1 with 1759 viewsquad

Tuanzebe, Tuanzebe, Tuanzebe Zam... I'm on me way.....

Is it pronounced like that??
He's only talking about his injury record though (n/t) on 18:35 - Nov 1 with 1754 viewsDyland

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 22:34 - Nov 7 with 1545 viewsMaySixth

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 17:14 - Nov 1 by CBMTOBWMMBG

Definitely a risky one isn't it.

The upside feels huge, the data suggests the likelihood of success is lower than most of McKenna's previous buys.

I loved the move for Camara at the time, was less excited by Luongo. I called them both wrong!

The upside is huge.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 22:39 - Nov 7 with 1510 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought he was one of the bright spots tonight, albeit he probably didn’t need to play that ball to Leif that lead to their first goal. He didn’t click particularly well with Clarke, but then Clarke seemed pretty anonymous tonight.

A bit more game time and we could have a real talent on our hands. I’m not sure I like Woolfy having to be the one who gives way though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm really looking forward to.... on 22:57 - Nov 7 with 1471 viewsStevieH

I'm really looking forward to.... on 12:42 - Nov 1 by homer_123

Axel doesn't seem too difficult.

For Tuanzebe, see Luongo on 23:04 - Nov 7 with 1426 viewsbackwaywhen

That’s all well and good but what about Woolfie …done nothing wrong IMO and dropped ? , was this a one off I ask myself .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024