Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … 16:11 - Oct 31 with 1985 viewsDarkBrandon

and it is. And I hear the same thing about basically every other ground.

Doesn’t everyone prefer evening games? I always have, ever since I attended my first.

Let’s move all football to the evenings, then we can spend Saturday (and occasional Sunday) afternoons playing football ourselves/seeing our families/doing jobs around the house/in quiet contemplation
I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 16:13 - Oct 31 with 1939 viewswkj

not seeing our families is exactly why Saturday afternoons should be the main football day.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 16:17 - Oct 31 with 1880 viewsitfcsuth

Crowds would diminish by around 30% at a minimum - away followings would be none existent - days would have to be taken off work Tuesday & Wednesday for some, kids would be less likely to attend on weekdays.

Evenings games are a brilliant novelty, but there is and hope always will be something magical about 3pm Saturday kick off in this country.
I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 17:06 - Oct 31 with 1748 viewsGeoffSentence

Fear ye not.

We are now entering that phase of the English game where even Saturday afternoon games are played under lights.

We can have our cake and eat it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 18:06 - Oct 31 with 1581 viewsSwansea_Blue

I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 17:06 - Oct 31 by GeoffSentence

Fear ye not.

We are now entering that phase of the English game where even Saturday afternoon games are played under lights.

We can have our cake and eat it.

Yeah, even when the sun was blazing down earlier in the season the lights were on. It's the same everywhere now - seems a waste of electricity and at odds the the sustainability policies all clubs should have.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 19:04 - Oct 31 with 1468 viewsyorkshireblue

I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 18:06 - Oct 31 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, even when the sun was blazing down earlier in the season the lights were on. It's the same everywhere now - seems a waste of electricity and at odds the the sustainability policies all clubs should have.

I believe the TV companies ask for the flood lights to be on, so blame them not the clubs

Didn’t someone play a game at 1pm to avoid having to have their lights on due to the cost? Mansfield? Macclesfield?
I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 19:19 - Oct 31 with 1431 viewsMookamoo

Can we have cheaper seats if they're fitted with pedals to keep the floodlights going?
I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 19:54 - Oct 31 with 1341 viewsSwansea_Blue

I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 19:04 - Oct 31 by yorkshireblue

I believe the TV companies ask for the flood lights to be on, so blame them not the clubs

Didn’t someone play a game at 1pm to avoid having to have their lights on due to the cost? Mansfield? Macclesfield?

Ah, to lighten any shadows I suspect. I hadn’t thought of that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 20:27 - Oct 31 with 1284 viewsBrianTablet

Let's just bring back those magical floodlights we had.
TWTD, sigh.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 00:18 - Nov 1 with 1107 viewsBuhrer

I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 19:19 - Oct 31 by Mookamoo

Can we have cheaper seats if they're fitted with pedals to keep the floodlights going?

Yes, it's allegedlly going to be announced after the 4th shirt comes out. Though the club have now gone with mouth powered turbines.

I keep hearing that Portman Road is so magical under lights … on 05:37 - Nov 1 with 1042 viewsMK1

Or play at 3am. Go to work buzzing after yet another win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024