Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy's Yellows 16:03 - Oct 30 with 2363 viewsTootingTown

So our skipper is currently averaging a yellow card every two games. If he carries on at that rate, he will be suspended just in time for...you guessed it...the Norwich game.

What do we reckon then? Get 4 more relatively quickly to be back in time? Or will he rein it in like last season? I have flash backs of Tom Lawrence stupidly getting a suspension the game before Nodge a few years back.
Morsy's Yellows on 16:17 - Oct 30 with 2260 viewstonybied

10 yellows is a 2 match ban so he's bound to end up missing it!
Morsy's Yellows on 16:18 - Oct 30 with 2256 viewsZx1988

I was discussing this with a friend on Saturday.

If it was me, and he was on nine yellows by the Coventry game, I'd be encouraging him to pick up a yellow in that match in order to have served his ban by the 16th.

On the other hand, it's clear from his spell last season when he spent five or six games on nine yellows that he has the ability to rein it in when needed.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Morsy's Yellows on 16:26 - Oct 30 with 2211 viewsTractorCam

Morsy's Yellows on 16:18 - Oct 30 by Zx1988

If it was me, and he was on nine yellows by the Coventry game, I'd be encouraging him to pick up a yellow in that match in order to have served his ban by the 16th.

On the other hand, it's clear from his spell last season when he spent five or six games on nine yellows that he has the ability to rein it in when needed.

10 games it was, then picked up a few more yellows in those last few games once there was no more suspensions.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Morsy's Yellows on 16:28 - Oct 30 with 2191 viewsZx1988

Morsy's Yellows on 16:26 - Oct 30 by TractorCam

10 games it was, then picked up a few more yellows in those last few games once there was no more suspensions.

Blimey - I hadn't realised that it had been that long a run.

I'd definitely bank on him being able to hold off if required then.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Morsy's Yellows on 16:35 - Oct 30 with 2141 viewsSitfcB

Some of the yellows he’s got so far have been a joke. With ref’s handing out cards willy nilly this season they should’ve upped the threshold.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Morsy's Yellows on 16:58 - Oct 30 with 2026 viewsKieran_Knows

Morsy's Yellows on 16:18 - Oct 30 by Zx1988

We'll need Walton to relay a message to Hladky to tell Morsy to get a booking on purpose in that Coventry game ...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Morsy's Yellows on 17:07 - Oct 30 with 1975 viewsKeno

We're just mad about Morsy
and Morsy's mad about us
We're just mad about Morsy
and Morsy's mad about us

We call them Morsys yellows

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Morsy's Yellows on 17:10 - Oct 30 with 1969 viewsTootingTown

Morsy's Yellows on 16:35 - Oct 30 by SitfcB

Some of the yellows he’s got so far have been a joke. With ref’s handing out cards willy nilly this season they should’ve upped the threshold.

Agreed, I think a lot of it goes on reputation. So many times it will be his first foul of the game, he's obviously a tough player. But I wouldn't ever call him dirty enough to warrant the amount of cards he gets.
Login to get fewer ads

Morsy's Yellows on 17:13 - Oct 30 with 1943 viewsParisBlue

Morsy's Yellows on 16:26 - Oct 30 by TractorCam

He was coasting in league one though...not so this season. What a player he's been theblast 12 months though.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Morsy's Yellows on 17:23 - Oct 30 with 1858 viewshatch

Not sure I'd want him 'holding off on a yellow' so he can play the Norwich game when we have Leeds and Leicester to follow.

If anything, Norwich is one of our easier games this season so one of the better games for him to miss if you take sentiment to one side.
Morsy's Yellows on 17:31 - Oct 30 with 1809 viewsBigCommon

Don't think he can get away with reigning it in at this level... He's up against, quicker and more athletic players, in the main, compared to L1..... He's had a couple of harsh ones already. But imo, a lot of his cards come about from team mates losing possession , and him having to drag players back and take one for the team.. So, realistically, it would need a collective effort, of everyone being more careful with the ball.. Easier said than done, when teams are pressing us hard...
There's no doubt in my mind, that he'll get that second suspension. Hopefully be ok for Norwich.. But there are equally tricky fixtures in and around that time, which will give Taylor a chance to shine..
Morsy's Yellows on 17:34 - Oct 30 with 1780 views_clive_baker_

Morsy's Yellows on 17:23 - Oct 30 by hatch

Not sure I'd want him 'holding off on a yellow' so he can play the Norwich game when we have Leeds and Leicester to follow.

If anything, Norwich is one of our easier games this season so one of the better games for him to miss if you take sentiment to one side.

Yeah he just has to be allowed to play his game. If he misses a few games through suspension then of course it's not ideal, but so be it.
Morsy's Yellows on 17:52 - Oct 30 with 1724 viewskizaitfc

What is the refresh date when the stats are wiped clean?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Morsy's Yellows on 17:54 - Oct 30 with 1719 viewsTMWWNGAS

Morsy's Yellows on 17:52 - Oct 30 by kizaitfc

What is the refresh date when the stats are wiped clean?

The other worry for me is Brandon Williams to pick up his 5th just before the 16th..
Though he'll be targeted no doubt by them
Morsy's Yellows on 18:04 - Oct 30 with 1677 viewslongtimefan

Morsy's Yellows on 16:35 - Oct 30 by SitfcB

The one at Bristol was a direct result of the ref letting a free kick be taken 10 yards from where it should have been which left us exposed at the back. Even then I didn’t think the challenge warranted a caution
Morsy's Yellows on 18:30 - Oct 30 with 1594 viewsEastTownBlue

Morsy's Yellows on 17:54 - Oct 30 by TMWWNGAS

The other worry for me is Brandon Williams to pick up his 5th just before the 16th..
Though he'll be targeted no doubt by them

It will be up to 10 yellow cards by the time we play them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024