Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo 20:04 - Oct 27 with 3740 viewsnodge_blue

Not paying taxes.

This lads rant is classic.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:17 - Oct 27 with 3395 viewsIllinoisblue

Can’t tell if he thinks Chansiri should pay the taxman

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:20 - Oct 27 with 3383 viewsgainsboroughblue

I wonder if Rohl was aware of any of this before he put pen to paper.

Mind you, Chansiri had already said several weeks ago he had no intention of making cash available.

Absolute state of it. And it's barely worth them having a points deduction.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:25 - Oct 27 with 3352 viewsMK1

Can't say I like any club struggling like this. We know what it is like to have an uninterested owner, but if a club had to suffer in this way, SW is a good starting point. Their fans last season were a disgrace to a club with so much history. Feel for those who have supported them for a length of time.
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:28 - Oct 27 with 3329 viewsnodge_blue

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:17 - Oct 27 by Illinoisblue

Can’t tell if he thinks Chansiri should pay the taxman

Hes spot on really. Incredible that chansiri has run the club so badly. Issuing statements every other month blaming everyone but himself. To not pay Hmrc is just suicide for a club.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:30 - Oct 27 with 3313 viewsIllinoisblue

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:28 - Oct 27 by nodge_blue

Hes spot on really. Incredible that chansiri has run the club so badly. Issuing statements every other month blaming everyone but himself. To not pay Hmrc is just suicide for a club.

Almost feel sorry for their fans. From 0-4 down and dead in the playoffs to come back and win in the last minute at Wembley. Fairytale stuff. And nothing but a disaster since.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:37 - Oct 27 with 3259 viewsgainsboroughblue

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:30 - Oct 27 by Illinoisblue

Almost feel sorry for their fans. From 0-4 down and dead in the playoffs to come back and win in the last minute at Wembley. Fairytale stuff. And nothing but a disaster since.

The season following promotion is supposed to be an enjoyable one, even if you have a struggle. They've been doomed from even before day one. This has the potential to be their worst season in living history.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:41 - Oct 27 with 3231 viewsyorkshireblue

My Wednesday supporting wife “shame we didn’t have it in the summer instead of signing rubbish”
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:59 - Oct 27 with 3118 viewspointofblue

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:41 - Oct 27 by yorkshireblue

My Wednesday supporting wife “shame we didn’t have it in the summer instead of signing rubbish”

Someone's said that on Owls Talk too. Not your wife by any chance?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 21:00 - Oct 27 with 3115 viewsBigCommon

Explains why Chansiri wanted cash payments for 10 year season tickets...
Tbf, he's alright that lad. Watched his pod a few times and hes generally tried to keep it positive whilst all manner of sh1t has been happening at SW.. Even he has reached breaking point now...
Its a sorry mess...
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 21:24 - Oct 27 with 3020 viewsstrikalite

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:30 - Oct 27 by Illinoisblue

Yep and to think they'll have to do it all again from next season, imagine having to do all those grounds again having worked so hard last season..
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 21:45 - Oct 27 with 2892 viewsTheBoyBlue

We all know how they feel and personally I wouldn't wish this on anyone, dare I say even Norwich.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 22:24 - Oct 27 with 2754 viewsbluebudgie

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 21:45 - Oct 27 by TheBoyBlue

We all know how they feel and personally I wouldn't wish this on anyone, dare I say even Norwich.

No I would definatly wish this on Norwich!
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 22:31 - Oct 27 with 2730 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I think the problem is that the Sheff Weds fans haven't properly understood what they need to do. Perhaps the new seating that says Chansiri wasn't big and clear enough. And when fans are sin the stadium, you can't see the lettering. They need to have more hoardings that come down from the top of each stand to remind the fans who their glorious owner is so that they can chant his name more. Perhaps instead of popular music, they could play the Thai national anthem before the game. A minute's applause for Mr Chansiri before kick off and at half time. A couple of pages in the matchday programme displaying the messages of adulation from the fans for the wonderful owner and his inspired leadership. That should do the trick.

Poll: would you rather

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 22:59 - Oct 27 with 2623 viewsTheBoyBlue

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 22:24 - Oct 27 by bluebudgie

No I would definatly wish this on Norwich!

I wish them to bumble along in the Championship or relegation to league one again, us doubling them on the way to not playing them again for many years. Not the road to oblivion, which we were slowly on route to and Wednesday appear to be at the moment.

We all support different teams, but the sentiment is the same. We're all just following our team, the one we've often grown up with and usually don't have any choice over until its too late. In the case of Wednesday fans and Norwich fans, similar to us, that is down to where we happened to be born and/or grown up near or due to generations of family (yes in Naaaridges case that's all of them!). Memories are made with loved ones, just the same as us, win, lose or draw. But I wouldn't want them nearly destroyed.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 23:28 - Oct 27 with 2545 viewsChurchman

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 22:59 - Oct 27 by TheBoyBlue

I wish them to bumble along in the Championship or relegation to league one again, us doubling them on the way to not playing them again for many years. Not the road to oblivion, which we were slowly on route to and Wednesday appear to be at the moment.

We all support different teams, but the sentiment is the same. We're all just following our team, the one we've often grown up with and usually don't have any choice over until its too late. In the case of Wednesday fans and Norwich fans, similar to us, that is down to where we happened to be born and/or grown up near or due to generations of family (yes in Naaaridges case that's all of them!). Memories are made with loved ones, just the same as us, win, lose or draw. But I wouldn't want them nearly destroyed.

I hate to see any football club in that much trouble. Sheffield Wednesday are a famous, decent sized club with a long old history and a good fan base. They’ll be fine. They’re far too important to go to the wall. Very few clubs do. Just the odd sacrificial lamb like a Bury or Maidstone.

Looks like Wednesday supporters are going to have a fair bit of pain before they get back, Portsmouth, Bolton style. And let’s face it a year or two more of Evans and I dread to think where we’d have been too.
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 00:44 - Oct 28 with 2447 viewsGuthrum

There really ought to be some EFL/FA mechanism of continuous assessment, whereby owners who have miraculously passed the initial fit and proper persons "test", but then become (or turn out to be), mad, grossly incompetent or criminal can then be failed and forced to sell up or risk getting relegated straight to non-League.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 10:55 - Oct 28 with 2111 viewsZapers

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:59 - Oct 27 by pointofblue

Someone's said that on Owls Talk too. Not your wife by any chance?

Haha, I noticed that too! quietly hopes thread disappears soon
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 10:58 - Oct 28 with 2097 viewsMullet

Why do these people buy a microphone then just shout?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 10:59 - Oct 28 with 2097 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Odds on them not winning a game all season?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 11:04 - Oct 28 with 2079 viewsbrogansnose

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 00:44 - Oct 28 by Guthrum

There really ought to be some EFL/FA mechanism of continuous assessment, whereby owners who have miraculously passed the initial fit and proper persons "test", but then become (or turn out to be), mad, grossly incompetent or criminal can then be failed and forced to sell up or risk getting relegated straight to non-League.

The problem with punishing clubs with mad or complete shyster fraudulent owners is that it's the fans who are the ones who get effectively punished , Portsmouth and Luton two prime examples. Then of course there are the owners who have, to outward appearances a good business background, who when they take over a club their acumen and good business sense goes out of the window , ie. Derby.

Personally, rather than relegate clubs down the league I'd surgically remove bad owners genitalia.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 11:04]
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 11:11 - Oct 28 with 2050 viewsZapers

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 11:04 - Oct 28 by brogansnose

The problem with punishing clubs with mad or complete shyster fraudulent owners is that it's the fans who are the ones who get effectively punished , Portsmouth and Luton two prime examples. Then of course there are the owners who have, to outward appearances a good business background, who when they take over a club their acumen and good business sense goes out of the window , ie. Derby.

Personally, rather than relegate clubs down the league I'd surgically remove bad owners genitalia.

Thank goodness I don't look like Chansiri
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 11:14 - Oct 28 with 2033 viewsbrogansnose

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 11:11 - Oct 28 by Zapers

Thank goodness I don't look like Chansiri

Thing is Zaps, if an owner is going to dick around with a club then.......................
Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 11:20 - Oct 28 with 2020 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 20:20 - Oct 27 by gainsboroughblue

I wonder if Rohl was aware of any of this before he put pen to paper.

Mind you, Chansiri had already said several weeks ago he had no intention of making cash available.

Absolute state of it. And it's barely worth them having a points deduction.

Points deductions come further down the line and, if a team is already guaranteed relegation get applied to the following season, I think. They are in a dreadful mess.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 12:12 - Oct 28 with 1899 viewsKitman

Going down a similar slippery slope as experienced recently by Southend United. Look where they are now...

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 12:48 - Oct 28 with 1818 viewsZx1988

Sheffield Wednesday now under transfer embargo on 11:04 - Oct 28 by brogansnose

To my mind, the most effective way of promoting responsible stewardship would be to have each club's owner lodge a personal bond with the EFL at the beginning of each season, as a condition of membership.

The bond is then drawn upon or forfeit if events such as this, or non-payment of wages etc., occur.

That would focus the mind of shysters like Chansiri.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024