Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I notice Plymouth are off on one again 15:59 - Oct 27 with 6606 viewsFtnfwest

Something about we don't prostrate ourselves before the glory and greatness of Schumacher enough and we're all arrogant or something...
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 23:08 - Oct 27 with 1640 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:17 - Oct 27 by FrimleyBlue

So the headline news is we walked out after the awards were given out...

What we're we supposed to do... crawl out?

What are the options?
Perhaps exiting to a Fred Astaire song and dance routine.
Have a helicopter drop a rope through a window and get winched out?
Maybe a Star Trek "Beam me up Scottie" exit would be particularly impressive.
Walking out is just disrespectful.

Poll: would you rather

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 03:26 - Oct 28 with 1524 viewsSuperfrans

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:29 - Oct 27 by EastTownBlue

Also the ceremony was held two nights before the trip to Barnsley. It wasn’t exactly going to be a late night boozing session.

I wonder if, erm, they simply went to get their train home?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 08:35 - Oct 28 with 1405 viewsChurchman

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:52 - Oct 27 by Illinoisblue

Not only Bollox, it was lies from Sun “journalist” and budgie fan Charlie Wyett. Completely made-up story. But click click hooray for him I guess. The worthless piece of sheeeite.

Charlie Wyett was on Sky last night banging on about something. The state of the bloke.

Anyway, Plymouth are beginning to irritate. They remind me of one of those ratty little dogs snapping away seeking attention.

They received their plaudits from everyone including ITFC and just about all its supporters for their achievements last season. What more did they want? Yes, our people at the awards ceremony last year didn’t pay homage by going on the lash and being the last to leave - we were playing Barnsley a couple of nights later. Greaseball Wyett makes up a story and chippy Plymouth fans still want to believe it. Let it go!

So the media tended to focus what little attention it gave to L1 on us and Wednesday. There’s a reason for that. But who cares? Who cares if Argyle were ignored? They still deservedly waltzed off with the trophy, gave their supporters a great season and that’s all that matters.

I know and like the area and I’ve been to Home Park years ago. Nice people. But they are what they are and that isn’t Real Madrid. There’s no need to keep jumping up and down shouting me, me! We know they exist, but as far as I’m concerned they’re just another club who we play now and again. I really hope we win not just because we need the points but to help them get over it.
The idea we are arrogant cos we belittle Argyle is ridiculous on 08:41 - Oct 28 with 1398 viewsDyland

It's Argyle ffs, and we are Town :)

Soft spot for the Pilgrims... Mariner connection, like us quite a large catchment so similar on a local footy club community vibe... and they, as their more sensible fans will attest, are a small to medium sized club currently with an excellent manager and set-up, punching actually at their kind of correct weight, non? And will give some "bigger" clubs a bloody nose this season as well as capable of upsetting Prem teams in cup competition.

Not sure where this Schumacher nonsense comes from, literally every Town fan and press stuff sings his praises.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 09:01 - Oct 28 with 1341 viewstextbackup

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:49 - Oct 27 by gainsboroughblue

He did indeed, and most of us were rooting for an Ipswich/Plymouth top two all season, adding a Barnsley through the play-offs later on.

It does feel nowadays that anything that gets said on your own forum gets reported back and then misinterpreted, slated as arrogance etc and the presence of those banter FL pages on Facebook and the like are just insufferable.

The actual media tried to stir things up as well last year by saying McKenna etc stormed out of the end of season awards ceremony when that was confirmed as b01110cks.

You need to read the kid Daniel oreily on Twitter

He’s obsessed with Plymouth and sheff weds

A painful read

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 09:57 - Oct 28 with 1259 viewspafcprogs

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:48 - Oct 27 by gtsb1966

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/one-game-at-a-time-runners-up-a-october-28th.125503

Greetings Again

So as my tongue in cheek match preview has been quoted in this thread I thought I should try and clarify

I read the “Plymouth fans are off on one again” with some surprise. I even wandered around Pasoti which to be frank is the only serious Argyle fan site and found little to no evidence of that. Even my article One Game at a Time has more Compliments than digs. And that’s written for humourous purposes

There is no rivalry between our clubs other than those occasional periods like last season. Some Argyle fans were miffed that we seemed to get less than our fair share of recognition because of your frankly incredible form. So yes when the Times publishes an article which calls you last seasons league one champions we notice

The whole awards thing was a non story for us. I hadn’t realised it was I. The news again until I read it in this thread. It is nowhere on Pasoti.

So honestly for us it is Paul Mariner, a great race last season and yes we can mention we won it but if the season had been ten games longer we would have probably come second. The reality was that both sides were as good as they were because they had to be because of each other

As for ceilings we know financially we have an aim to be a sustainable Championship club but a ceiling? We look at Bournemouth and Brentford and think why not. Not this season probably.

Anyway. I want us to finish as high as possible and win as many as possible. I would love us to have had the start you guys have had and I would love us to score as many as you do at home and thrown grind out a few one nils away. Maybe even today. Or not.

Btw. I posted the link to OGAAT on here last season and this. And had some great conversations with Town fans who were amongst then most supportive when I also posted about a young Argyle fan who sadly lost his fight against a brain tumour. So there are bigger things we share then a few gags about Morsy whose positive attributes we admire and envy but who treads a thin line on his discipline and our no doubt temporary greater need for silver polish.

All the best. Apart from later.
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 10:12 - Oct 28 with 1208 viewsHerbivore

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 09:57 - Oct 28 by pafcprogs

Greetings Again

So as my tongue in cheek match preview has been quoted in this thread I thought I should try and clarify

I read the “Plymouth fans are off on one again” with some surprise. I even wandered around Pasoti which to be frank is the only serious Argyle fan site and found little to no evidence of that. Even my article One Game at a Time has more Compliments than digs. And that’s written for humourous purposes

There is no rivalry between our clubs other than those occasional periods like last season. Some Argyle fans were miffed that we seemed to get less than our fair share of recognition because of your frankly incredible form. So yes when the Times publishes an article which calls you last seasons league one champions we notice

The whole awards thing was a non story for us. I hadn’t realised it was I. The news again until I read it in this thread. It is nowhere on Pasoti.

So honestly for us it is Paul Mariner, a great race last season and yes we can mention we won it but if the season had been ten games longer we would have probably come second. The reality was that both sides were as good as they were because they had to be because of each other

As for ceilings we know financially we have an aim to be a sustainable Championship club but a ceiling? We look at Bournemouth and Brentford and think why not. Not this season probably.

Anyway. I want us to finish as high as possible and win as many as possible. I would love us to have had the start you guys have had and I would love us to score as many as you do at home and thrown grind out a few one nils away. Maybe even today. Or not.

Btw. I posted the link to OGAAT on here last season and this. And had some great conversations with Town fans who were amongst then most supportive when I also posted about a young Argyle fan who sadly lost his fight against a brain tumour. So there are bigger things we share then a few gags about Morsy whose positive attributes we admire and envy but who treads a thin line on his discipline and our no doubt temporary greater need for silver polish.

You guys are alright by me. Good luck for the season (other than today and the return fixture).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

likewise Proggers on 10:17 - Oct 28 with 1190 viewsDyland

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 09:57 - Oct 28 by pafcprogs

Greetings Again

Enjoy the game today, should be a belter. Well, enjoy the trip to Suffolk I mean, not the game itself :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

likewise Proggers on 11:00 - Oct 28 with 1080 viewspafcprogs

likewise Proggers on 10:17 - Oct 28 by Dyland

Enjoy the game today, should be a belter. Well, enjoy the trip to Suffolk I mean, not the game itself :)

I am old enough that I enjoy waking up in the morning

I’ll take it bring nil nil at half time based on your recent home form
likewise Proggers on 11:31 - Oct 28 with 1031 viewsgainsboroughblue

likewise Proggers on 11:00 - Oct 28 by pafcprogs

I am old enough that I enjoy waking up in the morning

I’ll take it bring nil nil at half time based on your recent home form

Our home games seem to be a bit on the heartstopping side. A 2 goal lead isn't safe either way.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 13:30 - Oct 28 with 948 viewsVegtablue

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 08:35 - Oct 28 by Churchman

Charlie Wyett was on Sky last night banging on about something. The state of the bloke.

Anyway, Plymouth are beginning to irritate. They remind me of one of those ratty little dogs snapping away seeking attention.

They received their plaudits from everyone including ITFC and just about all its supporters for their achievements last season. What more did they want? Yes, our people at the awards ceremony last year didn’t pay homage by going on the lash and being the last to leave - we were playing Barnsley a couple of nights later. Greaseball Wyett makes up a story and chippy Plymouth fans still want to believe it. Let it go!

So the media tended to focus what little attention it gave to L1 on us and Wednesday. There’s a reason for that. But who cares? Who cares if Argyle were ignored? They still deservedly waltzed off with the trophy, gave their supporters a great season and that’s all that matters.

I know and like the area and I’ve been to Home Park years ago. Nice people. But they are what they are and that isn’t Real Madrid. There’s no need to keep jumping up and down shouting me, me! We know they exist, but as far as I’m concerned they’re just another club who we play now and again. I really hope we win not just because we need the points but to help them get over it.

They're pushing the runner-up thing very hard aren't they? 😂 I don't think it lands due to how we perceive the third division, without wanting to patronise. Full of good clubs but embarrassing we dropped into it, given our size and the 60-year hiatus. Consequently the only goal was to end our exile, not collect souvenirs to remind us of our relative fall from grace. I wanted the championship towards the end for the players and staff, but leaving our cabinet undiluted (albeit dusty!) was preferable to me for most of our L1 stint and I'm sure we're all just massively relieved it's over. No doubt Wednesday felt the same after the playoffs. Sillily, winning a JPT was a genuine fear of mine! We'd have been ribbed relentlessly by those up the road.

Contrast to Argyle, who know the third division well, who have yet to experience the first division, and it makes sense that they consider us runner-up losers while we and Wednesday felt there were three winners! Big atmosphere today chaps, COYB
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 13:52 - Oct 28 with 923 viewsOldFart71

That's certainly one thing that can NEVER be aimed at Town fans arrogance. We have been too long in the doldrums to be arrogant. Even when we had the great sides under Sir Bobby we were in no way arrogant and I'm sure under Sir Alf the then fans weren't either. When the Cobbolds owned the club they were very welcoming to other teams and apparently only saw a crisis when running out of red wine. Proud is the word. Yes we are proud of our teams of the past and the current team under the great manager we now have. Even if we won the league, European Cup, FA Cup and the boat race we still wouldn't be arrogant.
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 13:52 - Oct 28 with 923 viewsSwansea_Blue

I like Plymouth. Seem a decent family club and they fully deserved the title last season. They try to play football the ‘right’ way imo, looking to be positive and also entertaining. There’ll be no love lost this afternoon, but after the match I hope they pick up a bit and have a good rest of the season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024